Chevy SSR Forum banner

10441 - 10460 of 10534 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,826 Posts
Also did Engine Fuse Box while I was cleaning last Friday.

Remove Fuse Box Cover, "wiggled" relays back and forth to improve connection, loosen 7mm Jack Screws a few turns and retighten to "reset" pin connections (been sitting for a few years).

Cean/check Battery Cable (Closes to fender) plus Rear Fuse Box cable (Closes to engine).

There is NO Ground Cable! GRD is the alternator bracket.

03/04 have 14 GRD to frame and body, 05/06 have 16 GRD.

These two cables have 125amp fuse which protects Rear Fuse Box.

Rear Fuse Box is for aux. equipment, Roof, Radio, Blower, A/C, etc..

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,157 Posts
Just picked mine up from the upholsterer. Katzkin's look great, Black with ventilated inserts, Pacific Blue stitching and 3 Blue stitched Jester diamonds on the seat. I'd take a pic but we're still getting dumped on from ETA.

After I stare at it for awhile I'll decide what to do with the door inserts. I want to continue the Jester look. I'm looking for a chrome speaker covers or surrounds if anyone knows where to get them and what fits. Car is headed to a pro ceramic job with a pinstriper in between the color match and the coating. Probably going to steal a couple ideas from SwtRyd except in Blue.
Cars are fun. They had an original Shelby Cobra 427 in there for a new interior. Never seen one with the inside stripped. Very different from the replicas.
fltsfshr
Dragon2u (Mike) has the speaker covers.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,914 Posts
Cleaned the 05 truck and put a coat of wax on it this evening. Finished up a little bit ago so it is dark tomorrow I can go out and see what I missed.

While I was waxing I thought back to my youth and can remember some people would put wax on their cars and leave it on for days and they take it off. I thought that was the dumbest thing because wax wasn't so advanced back then and it always seemed the longer it stayed on the harder to get off. Any one else rememer seeing people do that and was it ever explained why they did it?
If I'm recalling correctly, I think one of my more enlightened friends told me waiting allowed the wax to harden to the paint and therefore last longer. Sounded logical enough to me at the time.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,625 Posts
Like your Grand Rapids better than ours up here in MI! This is the first summer since we bought our R back in '05, that we didn't make a Maumee cruise. We usually pack a lunch and eat it next to the river in Grand Rapids, then take a hike along the tow path down to the dam, then end up with ice cream @ the Dairy Queen there in town. They've put in some nice comfy swings along the river there over the past few years - real relaxing!
Well, next year you need to give me a holler and we would love to join you there! It is really a nice little town! I'm only about 35 minutes from there! Small SSR world! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
@fltsfshr Oh, I can't wait to see the pictures of your new seats! Something I hope to do someday! :cool:

Reactions: Trygodfirst

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
May be other reasons for doing this but, here in the South, it was common for folks to put a coat of wax on the front end of the vehicle before taking a road trip, especially during "love-bug" season. Just cover all the areas that might get hit by a love-bug while driving. Once you arrive at your destination, you can buff off the wax and remove all the smashed bugs. Might call it a "redneck bug screen".
:oops:
Back in February........before the virus deal hit. We spent a week in Florida on a fishing trip. Rented a cabin by the lake and the neighbors owned their own cabin plus the one we were using. All these damn dead bugs under the bed and everywhere with a strange body shape. I thought WTF.......we found out from the neighbors all about love bugs.........never heard of them except in general. Now we are aware.

What a mess they are.:(

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
514 Posts
At one time this was the ultimate shine and protector you could put on a car. It took a long time to apply..
View attachment 587068
fltsfshr
My grandfather used it at his Cadillac Service Center if someone wanted a wax job, but the detailer had an early style electric buffer(remember this is in the early '60s). Looked so good I tried it on one of my early cars. Like to never got all of the dull, dried compound off. I unfortunately only had my hands and buffing cloths. Never again, in those days Turtle Wax liquid was the easiest to hand apply and remove the green film in my opinion!
$.02

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Learned this back in 1971 in body and fender repair school. Wax does not build up by coat after coat. In fact it is self cleaning. You apply the wax, let it dry, remove the wax. IF you wax it again the fresh wax removes the old wax. If you ever get a wax that dulls or stays streaky greasy looking all you have to do is use a good wax to fix the crappy wax. I had a friend a long time ago that waxed his car minimum once per month. He bragged he had 12-15 coats per year. I tried my best to explain to him that if his theory were true that his car would grow larger year by year.

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,004 Posts
:oops:
Back in February........before the virus deal hit. We spent a week in Florida on a fishing trip. Rented a cabin by the lake and the neighbors owned their own cabin plus the one we were using. All these damn dead bugs under the bed and everywhere with a strange body shape. I thought WTF.......we found out from the neighbors all about love bugs.........never heard of them except in general. Now we are aware.

What a mess they are.:(
Yes, quite a mess, and very bad on paint. If you don't clean them off right away, their corrosive little bodies will eat into the finish and leave a permanent scar.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
I was hoping tp clay bar Thunder today but spent to much time getting all the bugs off! You're not suppose to have bugs in November in Ohio! The price you pay for a record 5 days of 75-80 degree weather!
I'll take the trade off! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
We went out for a nice cruise today. Went downtown Fort Worth, TX in search of
some great photos ops. We had a blast laughing and smiling a bunch. Then went to Feedstore BBQ in Southlake for dinner.
They have added some tables outside next to a big pasture. Here is what it says on their website.

Y'all are more than welcome to continue to enjoy the picnic tables out by pasture with the Zebus, Miniature Donkeys, and Fainting Goats.

These goats look at you then faint. One just fell over. We laughed so hard we cried. Patti got to feed them. What a great Texas day. 👍🇺🇸🤠

DB347168-868B-4157-A433-FBCAEF1871EB.jpeg

0F226A21-0C34-4D8E-96EA-BF649E60E9B1.jpeg

577A56E0-44EC-462D-B0B5-E19C37D41B9A.jpeg
41DB6A29-90AB-4B62-9AE5-54643A309C77.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
430 Posts
I installed the newly programmed PCM received back from PCMforless.com's after a mail order tune. She's a much better running SSR now, with the factory throttle delay removed and the fan temps adjusted to @Dicktator specs. It was well worth a few days of down time last week to have the tuning done since COVID is killing car shows and the opportunity to have Jeremy do a live tune at an SSR gathering.

The beautiful weather in Central PA allowed plenty of top-down cruising time with the updated PCM. We hit all the two-lanes within a 50-mile radius of Enola PA, and there are still plenty of colorful leaves to view. Here are a few pics that Judy grabbed from the shotgun seat.

-John

E747CA42-0C73-43AD-A2A0-1EEE6D2F5BC5.jpeg DE931558-5C95-4E04-A7CE-2A0878FF1951.jpeg 91CD9C83-A708-434B-9B3B-136AEB400450.jpeg

·
Premium Member
6,157 Posts
Went to @the_real_camby mother's house to help him install another rear torsion bar, gear shift linkage repair kit, steel radiator support, radiator air deflector, heat shield at ABS. and Mike's Corvette CZ06 fan. Every thing went good except could not get fan to come on. Ran temp up to 240 (on the dash guage) and didn't come on. Will check it further later. Things go much easier with a lift.
IMG_20201110_170706274_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201110_170911633_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,179 Posts
@SWT RYD check the plug in for a burnt ground connection. Mine on the newest truck was well done and had to be replaced. Mike has them if you need them.

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC
1,390 Posts
We went out for a nice cruise today. Went downtown Fort Worth, TX in search of
some great photos ops. We had a blast laughing and smiling a bunch. Then went to Feedstore BBQ in Southlake for dinner.
They have added some tables outside next to a big pasture. Here is what it says on their website.

Y'all are more than welcome to continue to enjoy the picnic tables out by pasture with the Zebus, Miniature Donkeys, and Fainting Goats.

These goats look at you then faint. One just fell over. We laughed so hard we cried. Patti got to feed them. What a great Texas day. 👍🇺🇸🤠

View attachment 587110
View attachment 587111
View attachment 587112 View attachment 587113
That goat deal is so funny

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC
1,390 Posts
I installed the newly programmed PCM received back from PCMforless.com's after a mail order tune. She's a much better running SSR now, with the factory throttle delay removed and the fan temps adjusted to @Dicktator specs. It was well worth a few days of down time last week to have the tuning done since COVID is killing car shows and the opportunity to have Jeremy do a live tune at an SSR gathering.

The beautiful weather in Central PA allowed plenty of top-down cruising time with the updated PCM. We hit all the two-lanes within a 50-mile radius of Enola PA, and there are still plenty of colorful leaves to view. Here are a few pics that Judy grabbed from the shotgun seat.

-John

View attachment 587114 View attachment 587116 View attachment 587115
Is there info in @Dicktator library about fan temps?( we have mikes newest fan with shroud AND his front pusher fan.)

10441 - 10460 of 10534 Posts