Chevy SSR Forum banner

10461 - 10480 of 10534 Posts

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
FWIW love bugs don't fly at night and they wash off ceramic coat easily.
On another note I picked up my SSR here's a seat pic. Working on the door panel design. I wanted it subtle but visible. I had them add more bolster. The blue doesn't show up that well but it is a perfect match to the paint.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,812 Posts
FWIW love bugs don't fly at night and they wash off ceramic coat easily.
On another note I picked up my SSR here's a seat pic. Working on the door panel design. I wanted it subtle but visible. I had them add more bolster. The blue doesn't show up that well but it is a perfect match to the paint.
View attachment 587132
Wow very nice !!!!!!!! (y)(y)

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
46 Posts
Wow very nice !!!!!!!! (y)(y)
Just finished installing on my 06 PAC Blue new fan, lower radiator support and stiffening bracket. Less then 3 hours with no lift or jacks. Easy Peasy. One question is how to get the brass bar bar behind the front frame installed by a one man operation? Is it at all possible? Hints or tips would be helpful.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
. One question is how to get the brass bar bar behind the front frame installed by a one man operation? Is it at all possible? Hints or tips would be helpful.
Thanks
It was not an easy one man task. I used a centering punch to hold one side close with a screw driver and shop rags to force it forwards at same time. Then a screw driver under the bar to lift and wedge the other side to get bolts started. Then same tactic on opposite side.

Took some some time and a few words, then while holding my tongue just right i finally got it after a few failed attempts where one or the other side would drop just as l was about to get screw started.

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
46 Posts
It was not an easy one man task. I used a centering punch to hold one side close with a screw driver and shop rags to force it forwards at same time. Then a screw driver under the bar to lift and wedge the other side to get bolts started. Then same tactic on opposite side.

Took some some time and a few words, then while holding my tongue just right i finally got it after a few failed attempts where one or the other side would drop just as l was about to get screw started.
I’ve been through that drop too many times. If the brass wasn’t so heavy it would be much easier. Going to give it some thought and attack it over the weekend. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Premium Member
2006 Automatic
864 Posts
Try using a cardboard shim under and behind the brass rod. Make it long enough so that you can pull the cardboard out when you get the bolts in.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
430 Posts
Is there info in @Dicktator library about fan temps?( we have mikes newest fan with shroud AND his front pusher fan.)
Hello @Trygodfirst. @Dicktator mentions suggested fan speeds for tuners in several of his posts. I have pasted an example of one of these posts below.

-John

"Have to be set/changed by licensed Tuner (Corvette), EPA Law will not allow Dealer to change fan settings.

Suggest:
Low Speed Setting: 192
High Speed Setting: 210

Dicktator

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,128 Posts
......... One question is how to get the brass bar bar behind the front frame installed by a one man operation? Is it at all possible? Hints or tips would be helpful.
Thanks
I have had very good luck with a medium length #2 Phillips through the frame and through the steel bar (yellow zinc on steel, not brass). Once the Phillips has a good hold on the one end, I let go of it and focus on getting the first bolt through the other hole. I use one hand to hold the bar and the other to start the bolt......

It is a lot easier if you have a second person helping........

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
46 Posts

Forcing shop towel in the left and insert ing bar from the right side making sure it was placed on top of towel gave me the ability to raise right side bar to insert bolt. Thanks for the tip.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,212 Posts
Cleaned all the bugs off from the other day and then hit it with the Top Coat F-11. Looks like new.

Reactions: sillypuddy

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,625 Posts
Ran a few errands today but with the top up! First time in nearly a week from our record breaking mid 70 degree days. It was 29 degrees this morning... Brrrrrrrr....

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,625 Posts
@ Krazy Ed.... 😢

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,179 Posts
Put the bra on the 05 and loaded up some stuff for my daughter. rented a 5x8 Uhaul trailer and taking a load of stuff down to Texas. First tank I only got about 13 MPG pulling the trailer and average speed was about 73, trailer loaded. I will check going back and see what I get empty.

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC
1,390 Posts
Picked my granddaughter at school and went to the park for her to feed the ducks and play on the playground equipment. Nice afternoon and she loved the top being down.
Priceless

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC
1,390 Posts
Put the bra on the 05 and loaded up some stuff for my daughter. rented a 5x8 Uhaul trailer and taking a load of stuff down to Texas. First tank I only got about 13 MPG pulling the trailer and average speed was about 73, trailer loaded. I will check going back and see what I get empty.
Travel safe. Love our ssr family and the father daughter /grandchildren stories.. priceless

10461 - 10480 of 10534 Posts