Chevy SSR Forum banner

10481 - 10500 of 10534 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Well, next year you need to give me a holler and we would love to join you there! It is really a nice little town! I'm only about 35 minutes from there! Small SSR world! ;)
Sounds good! I see you're in Defiance, I believe we caught a nice fireworks display there around the 4th of July one year. Do you have fireworks in a park down along the river? We ended up grabbing a motel room and spending the night - was a fun evening!

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,179 Posts
I haven't driven my black 05 in at least a month, so tonight I had a meeting to go to and took it out. It is lowered with a combination of Eibach front springs, Bilstien front shocks and Bell Tech rear shocks and springs. It has Flowmaster 3" exhaust from the Y pipe back, and man that truck is the evil stepchild compared to my stock 04 and my other 05. I need to take it out more often and stretch it's legs more often.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Today I had mine out for a couple hour drive. First time since I had the seats done. I had them add some extra bolster etc. It's a world of difference. Much more comfortable. I was going through old car stuff in the garage and dashboard hula dancer. Tempting.

Beautiful day here today.
fltsfshr

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,045 Posts
Took Elsie out for a run tonight on the brand new expressway as the tolls are waived for the first couple weeks. Nice straight smooth ride to downtown, then jumped back on and headed back home. It’s getting a little bit cooler out, and she surprised me getting back on the launch ramp. So much so I momentarily lifted and said, man she’s pretty quick tonight. @Parnelli replied, And you’re surprised by that? Yep, I was as I wasn’t really giving her the spurs. Boost is a wonderful thing.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Took Elsie out for a run tonight on the brand new expressway as the tolls are waived for the first couple weeks. Nice straight smooth ride to downtown, then jumped back on and headed back home. It’s getting a little bit cooler out, and she surprised me getting back on the launch ramp. So much so I momentarily lifted and said, man she’s pretty quick tonight. @Parnelli replied, And you’re surprised by that? Yep, I was as I wasn’t really giving her the spurs. Boost is a wonderful thing.
You and your supercharger. You dog... 😄👍. I'm still waiting for a ride!

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Cool air and boost are a good combination. When I had my Buick Grand National, I raced it enough to know how much faster the temps would change the ETs. Little did I know I was using a decent thermometer for a poor mans weather station back then.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I bought a small open trailer last night and took my Blur to pick it up. The guy says man you don't see those very often any more. I responded with well I do as I have three of them. We talked about the truck more than the trailer I was buying. He knew a little about them from seeing them when they had come out, but says he just doesn't see any around our area.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Cool air and boost are a good combination. When I had my Buick Grand National, I raced it enough to know how much faster the temps would change the ETs. Little did I know I was using a decent thermometer for a poor mans weather station back then.
(y)
While I don't understand the reasons why........I can validate (cool air) as giving/helping horsepower with just even my first ride..........a Corvair. As I recall, it only had about 60 hp. but in Omaha and when the temps went down in the late Fall and early Winter, It seems like it gained an extra 15 plus horsepower than what otherwise would have been normal.:)

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Took advantage of what may be the last convertible day of the season. Gave both the SSR and the T-bird some fuel stabilizer and took each for a drive. Then I cleaned and shined both and put them to bed for a while as temps start dropping tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Shampoo'd Blur'd Vision on Friday and preped it for a Cars & Coffee in Clayton NC but in the morning I decided to leave it in the garage and ride with the wife in the DMC. SO feeling bad about it today we decided to take it out, drive it to Food Lion to get some apples! 3 apples and 9 miles later we pulled into the garage, covered it, plugged it in and locked up the garage. Woooo Hooooo!

10481 - 10500 of 10534 Posts