Chevy SSR Forum banner

10621 - 10640 of 10699 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,261 Posts
Replaced battery ... again ... dead as a doornail ... again ... every.six.months ... again ... will take to shop and have alternator tested ... again. Thank goodness for 5-year warranty.
You should go get a “Parasitic Drain Test” accomplished on your SSR. I would suspect that there is something staying awake in the computer system when it should be sleeping.

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,039 Posts
You should go get a “Parasitic Drain Test” accomplished on your SSR. I would suspect that there is something staying awake in the computer system when it should be sleeping.
Mike, Thank you for the recommendation ... I will do just that! Is there a "best" place to have this done? or is the dealership my only option?

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,261 Posts
Mike, Thank you for the recommendation ... I will do just that! Is there a "best" place to have this done? or is the dealership my only option?
Contact your local SSR family for a recommendation... Florida has a lot of support..... @Dicktator may be able to help...... It's worth getting a little analysis and not just shotgunning parts at it.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
556 Posts
Installed the LED light kit from @Joshvette. Wow - with the very detailed instructions that Josh has posted on this Forum the installation of a complete set of LED lights was quick and easy. Started with the backup lights, then the license plate lights, the taillights, the side markers, front directionals, changed the flasher, then the vanity mirror lights and glove box light. Much better light quality and truly a quick and simple installation. Thank you, Josh!

-John

tempImageGqEHrk.jpg

·
Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
556 Posts
Today I upgraded my headlights using the Sealight S1 H11 LED units recommended by @Dicktator. There is an excellent video of the installation process posted on YouTube by @shiftz33 , (RetroCarGuy350) that was very helpful. Result is a nice improvement in safety at minimal cost and time. First picture below shows the difference between the OEM headlight and the new unit. Thank you @Dicktator for recommending these units, and thank you @shiftz33 for the instructional video.

-John

tempImageoVIX6k.jpg tempImageMT5Lk0.jpg tempImagec4vXAv.jpg

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,991 Posts
Pretty excited about receiving my Kaminari L88 styled fiberglass hood today! Thanks to Kaminari's 15% off sale that got me to pull the trigger!
I won't do anything with it until I line up some one to paint it. Concern is, how well will the paint match both fenders? Probably won't get painted anytime soon but glad to finally get it. Now if I can get my MPD styled rear spoiler back from @Handyman Fowler ! Thunder is going to look quite a bit different by the Spring thaw!!! 😎
IMG_20210121_155435018.jpg

·
Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
556 Posts
Congratulations, Larry @HUAW! I bet a good shop can match the beautiful Pac Blue color very well given all the paint-matching technology that is available today. Please keep us posted here until we can see the new Thunder at a meet.

-John

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Pretty excited about receiving my Kaminari L88 styled fiberglass hood today! Thanks to Kaminari's 15% off sale that got me to pull the trigger!
Now if I can get my MPD styled rear spoiler back from @Handyman Fowler ! Thunder is going to look quite a bit different by the Spring thaw!!! 😎
View attachment 590081

Is Kaminari finishing the inside like Eric did ?

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
Is Kaminari finishing the inside like Eric did ?
Yes, it is! I'm p thinking about getting something creative under the hood!

Reactions: Firetruck

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
My day wasn't as EXCITING as Larry's but we did uncover and back Blur'd Vision out of the garage. I had a doctor appt in Wilson NC so we headed out. 125 miles later we returned home after filling the tank. Washed it up real good, blow dried it like I always do. Pulled it back in the garage and left the cover off till tomorrow. We had 2 guys compliment us on how beautiful it is. Both have wanted one since 2003. The 2nd guy said he ran right down to his Chevy Dealer to buy a yellow one in 2003 and walked away when they told him $62,000. I would have walked away too!

·
Slingshot Rules!
76,504 Posts
The 2nd guy said he ran right down to his Chevy Dealer to buy a yellow one in 2003 and walked away when they told him $62,000. I would have walked away too!
Believe it or not, Dave . . .

All of the dealers in and around Southern Arizona including Southern New Mexico and Southeastern California were adding up to $10k, possibly more, to the Window Sticker Price back when I was SSR shopping.

It was BRUTAL.

! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: !

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts

ABSOLUTELY NOT! I've been trying to forget that nightmare! But that was pretty funny Jarod! 😂

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Believe it or not, Dave . . .

All of the dealers in and around Southern Arizona including Southern New Mexico and Southeastern California were adding up to $10k, possibly more, to the Window Sticker Price back when I was SSR shopping.

It was BRUTAL.

! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: !
I only paid a "premium" on a car once. 1980 Honda Accord, there was a waiting list on the little car. We were 24th on the list, $300 added due to supply and demand. They came in 4 colors only, we wanted a red one. Dealer told us when the 24th one rolled off the trailer if it were not red we would have to go back to the end of the waiting list! We got lucky it was red, or someone rearranged them once rolled off. Anyway 4 years later we traded it in and actually got more than we paid for it new. Bought a Dodge Daytona Turbo Z. Fun little car it was.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
631 Posts
Took Tuckerred out for a 30 mile or so cruise, top up as it was pretty cool, to charge battery & circulate fluids. Truck seems to be enjoying the temp & humidity controlled indoor storage, but only gets started when I go over there to take her out. Have had no issues related to storage, battery always fires her right up after 4 weeks or so. Oddly enough since I got Red IC faceplate, fuel gauge is working like a charm as well but I know it will not last. Prepared to take it down the 120+ miles to @Dragon2U this spring to update steppers. I even cycled the top to keep the seals lubed & it worked like a champ. Do have an oil drip question but I am going to start a new thread for that. Rain here the next three or four days :cry:

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,497 Posts
Saturday evening I didn't take the SSR but did go out and meet up with another Fanatic and got to talk for a while. I am going to be easier than @SWT RYD and not make it a guessing game. Met up with @OLDFATGUY to get him a part for his new blue truck. It was good to get out and talk SSRs with someone face to face or rather mask to mask.

10621 - 10640 of 10699 Posts