Chevy SSR Forum banner

10641 - 10660 of 10699 Posts

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,497 Posts
Another SSR adventure this weekend. I had some of the parts that @mr_rancher2001 needed and I was not wanting to crate a hood so I made a deal that included delivery. Plus another Fanatic was needing a ride to Texas to pick up a newly purchased truck, so I picked him up along the way. Then at the last minute another member @bmstockton was needing a heater control and I had a spare and he was on the way so I delivered that as well.

So I loaded up the trailer Thursday night to leave early Friday morning. Well Mother nature decided I shouldn't leave so early and made my driveway a mess and I got stuck in it. After an hour I got out and on the road. The rest of the trip was pretty un eventful. Got home this evening to snow here in Missouri. Yesterday in Texas it was 73 degrees and I was out side in a light jacket. It is making Texas look a lot better move each time.

·
Premium Member
5,042 Posts
Decent day today so called up the Son and grandkids asked them if they were up for Ice Cream they said yes (not many turn down Ice Cream) So grabbed the wifey and off we went for Ice Cream in the Little Red Truck.
Met up with the family at Mariposa Creamery in Temecula California and enjoyed some very good ice cream and conversation with the wife , son, and grandkids. Time well spent.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,991 Posts
We got about 5 inches of snow today! Thought about pulling Thunder out of the garage for a photo shoot in the snow but it never really stopped. Couldn't bring myself to do it! 🥶 ❄

·
Registered
2006 Chevrolet SSR
11 Posts
I try to start my SSR several times during the winter today was the day I started it at 25 above in central Minnesota by the weekends is going to be -20s you guys on the East coast heads up it's heading your way

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
I was SO EXCITED when UPS dropped off my MPD Nascar styled rear spoiler this evening! It had "Fragile" written on all sides and was well packed with many layers of bubble wrap and the cardboard ends were doubled up! Sadly, some moron must have dropped it very hard on the end and once unwrapped the fiberglass and gel coat was damaged! Really?
Hate it when you go from an extreme high to a big downer... It's certainly repairable but that's not the point.

Fortunetly it was insured so now we find out how UPS stands behind it. Sent plenty of pictures to document the box, padding and the spoiler damage. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
IMG_20210203_211501465.jpg IMG_20210203_211329801.jpg

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,039 Posts
I say you will be in for a fight from UPS ... you say "was well packed with many layers of bubble wrap and the cardboard ends were doubled up!" ... but the spoiler arrived damaged inside the packaging.

Questions:
1. Was the outside of the package damaged in any way? Your description indicates it was not. If not, how did you determine that someone "dropped it very hard on the end"?.
2. Did you take pictures of the packaging that might show someone "dropped it very hard on the end"?. If it was dropped hard enough to cause that damage, there should be evidence of a drop on the inner packaging (a ding or deformation of the inside of the cardboard, or compression of the packing foam?)
3. The damaged end of the spoiler is chipped ... do you have the chips? They should have been found within the bubblewrap that encased the spoiler and might help prove that the spoiler was not damaged before packing.

Analysis: If you can't show damage to the packaging and don't have the chips from the end of the spoiler, the manufacturer likely sent you a damaged product. I predict UPS will blame the manufacturer and the manufacturer will blame UPS.

·
Premium Member
2005 Redline SSR 6 speed, 2013 Porsche Cayenne S 4.8 Liter, 1990 Harley Davidson FatBoy FLSTF
203 Posts
I was SO EXCITED when UPS dropped off my MPD Nascar styled rear spoiler this evening! It had "Fragile" written on all sides and was well packed with many layers of bubble wrap and the cardboard ends were doubled up! Sadly, some moron must have dropped it very hard on the end and once unwrapped the fiberglass and gel coat was damaged! Really?
Hate it when you go from an extreme high to a big downer... It's certainly repairable but that's not the point.

Fortunetly it was insured so now we find out how UPS stands behind it. Sent plenty of pictures to document the box, padding and the spoiler damage. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
View attachment 590532 View attachment 590533
HUAW the photos say it all, simply a shipping handler was "Oh well," about having caused both the damage and now extra of your time to resolve their screw up, not fair Sir. When all resolves it is going to look incredible Sir. Sorry again.

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts

View attachment 590532 View attachment 590533
After all this time waiting on it. And it shows up like that that really sucks. Talk to Eddie the other night and he said he sent it. Hope it's a easy resolve with UPS and you get it installed.

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
@carlbush , I did take pictures of the the damaged corner of the box but didn't look for any of the Blue pieces but will try to find it. I understand that you are only stating what UPS will likely say. The sender will be addressing the insurance claim. I'm just providing the pictures and sharing the heartache.. 😪

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
@HUAW I had a steel bumper for a 68 Chevelle shipped via UPS and they managed to dent it. They blamed it on the bumper was in a box and they could not tell what it was. They said it should have been wrapped on both ends with card board and a label stuck to the bumper leaving it all exposed. It arrived to me with a dent in the face blade of the bumper. They paid out the cost of the bumper but not the cost of the shipping. I always wanted to ship some steel balls to see if they could damage them, I figured they would just lose them if they couldn't damage them.

While we all have a story of one of the carriers damaging or losing or misplacing a package, in all reality for the amount of packages they handle and deliver it is probably a very small percentage that has a problem and they actually do a pretty good job if we looked at the huge picture instead of just our own little slice of the pie.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
631 Posts
In all my years of using UPS it was not uncommon for them to do some sort of damage in transit & I learned some things were not easily shippable by them & LTL freight was far too expensive generally. FEDX was in those days more costly & USPS did not do pick up. I NEVER had UPS pay all the costs of a claim even when they admitted culpability. More competition today, I would never recommend UPS myself where there is an option.
$.02

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts
We have snow. 5" last night and 6" the night before on top of 15" last week. I walked by it again this morning on the way to the big snow blower. I would guess that it will be at least three weeks before I drive it again. I may be able to back it out onto the approach so I can have more room in the garage, but it is not going to get above 10 degrees for the next seven days. I really don't have anything I am working on for it right now. It is pretty ready to go I hope. We are looking forward to going to the free state of South Dakota in June.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
Walked into the garage to make sure Thunder is still plugged into the Battery Tender and it's working. On our drive to Lima yesterday I was amazed to how white the roads were. Not because of snow but all the salt and brine residue. It's going to be a long time before all of that crap gets washed off the asphalt and Thunder gets to stretch his legs for a bit...😪

·
Slingshot Rules!
76,503 Posts
Walked into the garage to make sure Thunder is still plugged into the Battery Tender and it's working. On our drive to Lima yesterday I was amazed to how white the roads were. Not because of snow but all the salt and brine residue. It's going to be a long time before all of that crap gets washed off the asphalt and Thunder gets to stretch his legs for a bit...😪
Whenever The Bummer is being "drooled over" . . . that's probably the primary reason why I am frequently asked if he is a "Local Jeep" and/or has he "Always Lived in Arizona?"

Even after 35 plus years, The Bummer's Bottom always draws positive comments.

THERE'S GOTTA BE A BETTER WAY TO CLEAR THE ROADS.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Did you ever try out that pressure washer adaptor thing that is supposed to roll under the car to clean it?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
After living in the midwest and Colorado, but now living in New Mexico, I honesty feel sorry for you all that have to put up with the snow, salt and brine. I feel your pain. That stuff sucks. I suggest you consider a move to the sunny southwest. I washed my SSR today which, in essence, meant knocking off a little dust. Come on down! It's a dry heat......

10641 - 10660 of 10699 Posts