Chevy SSR Forum banner

10661 - 10680 of 10699 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,991 Posts
That day will come! I love the Great South West! Need to see more of it and decide where to put down some roots after a few more years of seeing America until the wife retires! 😎

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
Did you ever try out that pressure washer adaptor thing that is supposed to roll under the car to clean it?
You know Bruce, I never did... Still all wrapped up in the box... I'll have to get it out after the first time I get Thunder out this late winter or early spring! I'd forgotten about the darn thing! It was one of those impulse purchases! 😱

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts
After living in the midwest and Colorado, but now living in New Mexico, I honesty feel sorry for you all that have to put up with the snow, salt and brine. I feel your pain. That stuff sucks. I suggest you consider a move to the sunny southwest. I washed my SSR today which, in essence, meant knocking off a little dust. Come on down! It's a dry heat......
I would rather be here in Nebraska. Politics would make in unbearable down there.

Dave

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,151 Posts
It's been 10 days on this thread since anyone has reported doing anything with their R so I thought I'd get off my duff and do something to mine. I installed the Chevy Colorado door check on my driver's door and it went well. It looked a little bigger than the oem but it fit perfectly and the door opened and closed silently, no click, click!

Dave

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,056 Posts
My Slingshot wont leave the Garage now until all the brine is washed off the roads around here. Warming up today. One more hard freeze tonight and then hopefully we are back to "Normal" temps and some top down weather.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
631 Posts
Probably doesn't count for today, but tomorrow the 20th, Tuckerred1948 is leaving the safety & security of the storage building to attend the first car show. Indoor covered storage is great, no cleaning necessary. Not including mass get togethers like Caffeine & Octane or Auto Worship which are first Sunday every month weather be darned, this will be the first show I know of in the North Atlanta area. It was put off last weekend to to cold & wet in Atl, but tomorrow says cool & sunny. Anyone near or far from Peachtree Corners is invited & entry fee is just a small donation to a worthy cause. The sponsoring club is The Georgia Cool Cruisers and the site will be 'The Cue' barbeque at 5260 Peachtree Industrial Blvd from 11am-3pm. Get there early as the last two shows there last year filled the lot before starting time.

·
Spirited driver!
1,708 Posts
I did something I have never done. I watched it drive away. I am moving to Las Vegas next week and my brother is keeping my R at his house for a few weeks until I come back to get it. He called me about 10 minutes after he left and said "Damn, she get up to 100 real quick! " It's nice to be able to share my Permagrin with my brother.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Finally got her out this morning after the frigid 40 degree weather we have been enduring. Also pretty excited, for the first time got to use some of Stuart's belly air to check tire pressure before trip..

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,173 Posts
Finally got her out this morning after the frigid 40 degree weather we have been enduring. Also pretty excited, for the first time got to use some of Stuart's belly air to check tire pressure before trip..

View attachment 591199

Is that a real alligator next to AC unit or is it something to scare away the geese that are staring at it!!!!!
Scares me!!!

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,751 Posts
Is that a real alligator next to AC unit or is it something to scare away the geese that are staring at it!!!!!
Scares me!!!
:oops: Y'all have amazing vision. I guess most of us just have central vision and don't pay enough attention to detail/the whole picture. Thanks.

Nick

·
Premium Member
5,042 Posts
Well, beautiful day here in So Cal, and since the little red truck was all shined up yesterday, Took the wifey out for a little cruise.
Ended up down in Escondido at Peterson's Donuts, amazing donuts enjoyed a couple hopped back in the SSR and headed towards home enjoying the nice sunny day.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Scares me!!!
That's so funny. The gator is there to scare any Bad JuJu away and the geese just to poop on everything !!!

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
SO yesterday hit 70 here and I had to get 2 of our cars inspected. SRX was first then the SSR! Cruised up to get the inspection done then came back home to fetch my Bride so we could take Blur'd out and make the tires round again. We looked and looked and looked again for our "top down hats" couldn't find them anywhere! Liz says the usual, "Where's that hiding place you always put stuff then forgot where it is, NEVER to be found again???" I thought, Hmmm would I have tucked them in the roof hold for the winter? SO I started to put the top down and there they were! Duh!
SO we took off hats on heads and put about 50 miles on the clock. What fun. Did the same with the Delorean today only no top down. Dave

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
@Blur'd Vision Lucky you and Liz! 😁 With as much salt and brine being used around here, it will take a good couple of rain storms to get Thunders tires round again! 😪

10661 - 10680 of 10699 Posts