Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

10781 - 10800 of 10862 Posts

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,780 Posts
I went down at lunch to go over everything and it will look great when they get it all redone. The shop doing it, does amazing work. That's why I took it to them, with the color I want it to be right, not close but match up perfectly. The hood and bumper were from different trucks and there had been something painted on it before because the head light had paint on it from when it was masked off.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
It's top down weather in Canada !!

Had the R out this morning to run some errands.

The sun was shining and it was a balmy 48oF (9oC for us in Canada), so what are you going to do?

Of course, I drove with the top down ... for the first time in 2021 ... in Canada ... in March. YIPPEE !!!

Happy spring/summer from North of the 49th parallel.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Finally received My LED fog lamps and installed them. The LED lighting on the Headlamp and Fog Lamps really do brighten up and not having driven after dark with them, I am still sure they will improve My vision of the road ahead greatly.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,818 Posts
Drove to the Post Office to mail a set of Supplemental Rear LEDs. :)

·
Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
617 Posts
I waxed the barrels of the wheels since the new paint/clear applied last month is now fully cured. Put the wheels back on and took her out for a ride on this blustery day in Central PA. Beautiful sunshine and temps in the 70's, nice strong breeze, so ideal cruising weather. Judy and I were grateful for the day.

tempImagemZSWJj.jpg tempImageNw41Um.jpg

-John

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,188 Posts

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,910 Posts
Spent my stimulus money on upgrading my lift.
new bridge jack and lights.

View attachment 592409
I like the lights but before I think about doing it, just curious. Are they mostly for looks or do they actually help. It seems like when you are working under it your body would cause shadows. When I'm under mine, laying the light on the ramps don't help much at all. There needs to be a more direct/line to help/see.

Nick

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,818 Posts
I like the lights but before I think about doing it, just curious. Are they mostly for looks or do they actually help. It seems like when you are working under it your body would cause shadows. When I'm under mine, laying the light on the ramps don't help much at all. There needs to be a more direct/line to help/see.

Nick
Just a guess on my part but with light coming from so many directions the shadows are pretty much wiped out. Should be a big help as long as you are not blinded by the light coming from the other side.

·
Registered
453 Posts

Nick

I haven’t done any real work under there yet. But the lights are magnetic and can be moved were ever I want.

10781 - 10800 of 10862 Posts