Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

10801 - 10820 of 10862 Posts

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,306 Posts
I brought Ginger home from her winter residence yesterday.
After a top down cruise today i couldn't resist the photo opportunity of putting her next to the newer adopted Chevy truck which is now my daily driver.
Although i should have done this earlier in the day with less shadows, i may not have a sunny day for a few weeks so here they are.
20210327_182149.jpg
20210327_181608.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
We had a call the other day with a personal invite to attend a show at Majestic Solutions EARLY this morning. They asked us to be there at 7:30 latest to be parked properly.The fog was THICKEST I have ever seen. Plus the major route we would drive the 30 minutes was closed due to construction and the detour took us on back roads we have never driven. We made it there 20 minutes late but had a great time. Many people loved the Blur's color. We have to say that Majestic is a business full of GREAT people and products as well. Glad to be customers of this business. Left and came home by 2pm to work in the new garage.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I brought Ginger home from her winter residence yesterday.
After a top down cruise today i couldn't resist the photo opportunity of putting her next to the newer adopted Chevy truck which is now my daily driver.
Although i should have done this earlier in the day with less shadows, i may not have a sunny day for a few weeks so here they are.
View attachment 592439 View attachment 592440
what year is the daily driver, I haven't seen any pickups lately that don't have 4 doors

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,306 Posts
what year is the daily driver, I haven't seen any pickups lately that don't have 4 doors
Its a 2012. I think they discontinued the regular cab short bed in 2013 before the redesign in 2014.
One owner that just turned to 42k miles😁. Took 8 months of watching, only 6 months short of the time it took to find the SSR I wanted AND was within my budget.

EDIT.
I did a little research. It seem 2018 was last year for regular cab short bed. 2014 and newer would not have been in my budget, so they never showed up in my search. I believe that still make regular cab trucks, but mostly for fleet sales. Not a lot of sales or profits.

·
Premium Member
4,279 Posts
I have not done the fogs yet. I am going to ask which were used.

I have done the head lights, both high and low, tail lights (caddy) backup, deck lid, dash and steering wheel.

The only one I regret is the steering wheel as it is too bright. The jury is out on the dash.

The head lights are great. As I have said before, I drive a lot on two lane, and the low and high are a big improvement.

Dave

·
Premium Member
5,341 Posts
Nice warm sunny day, gave the little Red truck a bath, took her out for a top-down cruise, and then came home and tried to install Bluestreaks tailgate LED strip lights., got the drivers side working , but not the passenger side, took the wiring apart and tried a few more times no go.
OH well, I'll try again in the morning, headscratcher.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,945 Posts
Great top down weather here in southwest Ohio. Road trip with @cincyssr and @MicDonna . Toured down the Ohio River to Madison Indiana for some quaint small town shopping and then to Clifty falls state park for some scenic waterfall views. The waterfall was two miles farther down stream when it first formed and is slowly backing up at the rate of 2 feet every 50 years! Picture#2 and #5 One of those pics with me is Mrs Firetruck... The other one isn't! ( You decide which one is which!)

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,251 Posts
I went to the neighborhood O'Reilly's to purchase a lower control arm ball joint bushing and when I told the mgr. that it was for my 2006 Chevrolet SSR he said that was one of his bucket list vehicles along with a '57 Chevy 2 door hardtop.
Once I get my new brake rotors and bushing installed, I'll have to drive over there and let him see mine.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2005 aqua blur
122 Posts
We went to check on new leather for the seats. We were talked out of it. Theo shop recommended reconditioning the leather and adding new padding instead. Scheduled for May $300.

We got stopped by a guy that wanted to talk and talk.. about the car and what he called the million dollar paint job. He couldn't believe it was the original paint with a ceramic coating. He used to run a body shop. The Blur made us proud.
Permagrin.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,782 Posts
It was one of those up and down days today. Got the truck back from the body shop and found a spot they missed. Took it back and it goes back for the repair on that one spot next Wednesday. I pulled the front bumper back off and finished it out. Had to put the wire harness back on, swapped out the lights for LEDs. While I was mounting the front bumper I looked up at the upper control arms and the bushing is shot. So I will be redoing that sooner than later. Put the drivers side head light back in and got it fitting better than it had fit before. Went around to work on the passengers side and see the tire is bad. So up and down on good and not so good stuff.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
It was one of those up and down days today. Got the truck back from the body shop and found a spot they missed. Took it back and it goes back for the repair on that one spot next Wednesday. I pulled the front bumper back off and finished it out. Had to put the wire harness back on, swapped out the lights for LEDs. While I was mounting the front bumper I looked up at the upper control arms and the bushing is shot. So I will be redoing that sooner than later. Put the drivers side head light back in and got it fitting better than it had fit before. Went around to work on the passengers side and see the tire is bad. So up and down on good and not so good stuff.
Sounds like someone was a busy boy.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,818 Posts
Put the FANATIC plate back on Del. Someone tried to steal it in the parking lot in Laughlin a while back. It hangs with Stainless steel cable and they managed to cut through one, one strand at a time. The cables hang from Tamper proof stainless screws that are protected by the spare tire.

Reactions: Firetruck and HUAW

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,251 Posts
I'm done with the install of all the bushings in the front end and the install of the brake rotors so now to get the wheel alignment scheduled at 3:00 today. Hopefully they'll be able to do Dicktator's alignment specs.

Dave

10801 - 10820 of 10862 Posts