Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

10821 - 10840 of 10862 Posts

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,945 Posts
Put the FANATIC plate back on Del. Someone tried to steal it in the parking lot in Laughlin a while back. It hangs with Stainless steel cable and they managed to cut through one, one strand at a time. The cables hang from Tamper proof stainless screws that are protected by the spare tire.
Draggin a plate! Everyone should Dwight! I know I am...

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,069 Posts
I spent a few minutes taking care of an issue I was having with the driver door. Every now and then the door would not open when the handle was pulled. It felt like the handle just needed to be pulled just a little bit more ... but ran out of movement. I knew it wasn't a door latch issue, but something in the handle mechanism that transmitted the door handle motion to the door latch via the linkage rod. I saw a video by RetroCarGuy in which he had the door handle removed and discussed the most common malfunction cause ... a loose shoulder bolt in the door handle mechanism that is the hold-down for the rotating connector to the linkage. RetroCarGuy explained that the shoulder bolt can back out and allow the piece that rotates to lift out of the rotation plane and not allow for full rotation of the part and thus reduced linear travel of the metal linkage to the door latch. Once I had the inner door panel and a portion of the plastic water seal removed, I could easily see and reach the shoulder bolt in the door handle mechanism. The shoulder bolt was indeed well backed out and I took at least 10 turns on it to snug it back into position. I then lubricated all the areas recommended by RetroCarGuy and put everything back together ... HOLY SMOKES what a difference ! The door now unlatches with zero resistance! What a great feeling to know that my door will open when I pull the handle. No more keeping my fingers crossed.
Here's a link to the RetroCarGuy video on his YouTube channel:
RetroCarGuy530 - SSR Door Handle
Thank you RetroCarGuy!

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,162 Posts
What didn't you do with your SSR today? That's more like it for me... Thunder has been certainly neglected since getting the L88 hood. First of the week I believe the hood will be tweaked and trimmed a bit to fit without rubbing the A pillars. A few other Adjustments and then the paint shop! Hoping he will be ready for Maggie Valley next month! I am sure missing my PermaGrin!

Maybe I'll go blow some dust off the SSR Raffle Truck to get my PermaGrin fix! 😉
I REALLY like that idea! 😁

·
Spirited driver!
1,746 Posts
Finished decorating the wall in the dining room of the new house so we can host Easter dinner. It is a good thing that my wife loves our R as much as I do. The sign over the top says "Live your adventure!"

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,945 Posts
Finished decorating the wall in the dining room of the new house so we can host Easter dinner. It is a good thing that my wife loves our R as much as I do. The sign over the top says "Live your adventure!"
View attachment 592771
Way to represent! This is all I get.... Surprised I got that much!

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Wow! I love that marble looking floor!
Happy Spouse, Happy House!!! 😉

Reactions: PokerGuy

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,781 Posts
I finished putting the front end back together after the body shop was done with the paint work. They have to touch up one little spot so back on Wednesday for that. Then it comes back home to get the upper control arms done on it and then I will put the chrome spear and hood emblem on. then drive it I hope. I also got all the LED lights in the turn signals, blinkers, side markers, tail lights and back up lights. The only thing I didn't do was the license plate lights.

Tomorrow I may get back to work on the 04 and get it back up and running. Then I will be back to having all three running again WOOOO HOOO. Then have to get a for sale sign on at least one of them

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Bruce, you are a busy guy! I can't seem to find the time to do stuff to my one SSR! 😱

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
It was sure a beautiful top down day here in Ohio! The wife and I drove Thunder and the Raffle Truck over to my body and paint man to compare hood fitment for the L88 hood. Its looking pretty good but some work needs to be done before he can paint it. He is also repairing the UPS damaged MPD rear spoiler and the damage from the parking lot last Fall. Its obvious that it was hit by a vehicle and not a shopping cart as I first thought. After totaling my truck in 2019, I hated to make an insurance claim so I got to eat this one... I'll be leaving it at his shop next week with the hopes it will be done in time for Maggie Valley!

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,781 Posts
I feel your pain @HUAW I dropped mine back off this morning to get a spot the body shop missed. Funny when I put it back together with the new used parts and they had a few rock chips and other little things, it was easy to over look those imperfections because they were 100 times better than the damaged stuff. Now I want it 100% perfect and want all the little things fixed. Sadly I know it is just a matter of time before the next rock chip but I am hoping for the best till then.

·
Registered
2004 Redline Red SSR
50 Posts
Pulled big red out of winter storage. Beautiful day here today looking forward to a nice weekend drive.

10821 - 10840 of 10862 Posts