Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

10841 - 10860 of 11008 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Met with the Oklahoma gang in Jenks for some BBQ at Burn CO. Weather was a little brisk but at least it didn't rain. Tulsa, OKC and surr was represented. David Fox and his buddy even came over from MO. Great time and new friends were made. So nice to get out and about again. 👍

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,254 Posts
Sure looks like it was a busy day for many Fanatics in Texas, Oklahoma and Missouri! Here in Ohio your International Rally Team spent the day together near Dayton to do some fine tuning of our event schedule, shirt graphic designs and Goodie Bag items to just name a few! By next weekend we will be posting our official event activities for the week so we can get started on our group tickets sales. 😁

Also, the team got their first look at our beautiful Aqua Blur Raffle Truck which I drove to the meeting. I have to admit those Continental tires really do give the truck a much smoother ride then any other set of tires I've had on my trucks! Just a great driving truck!

Team, we need to start taking pictures when we meet. So we got some to post! 🤔

·
Spirited driver!
1,777 Posts
Took the truck to the Hand Car Wash amd then came home and finished the job that I had just paid them for. Finally got all those CA bugs off the front and getting ready to head to Lake Havasu, AZ later in the week to meet up with the bunch there.

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Well after working on a bunch of R’s at the Winnie Tech Day yesterday I tackled the dreaded plugs and wires on my R this morning. Took about 3 hours with the right tools and mindset. Going in knowing it that wasn’t going to be easy and staying calm and taking it plug by plug seemed to ease the pain.
They looked like they were burning clean but they looked tired... With 53k on them I don’t believe they would’ve made it to 100k.

Ready for the Deadwood and Cincinnati runs...

·
Registered
49 Posts
On my list of things to accomplish this spring but certainly not at the top. UGH 😝

Jim

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,975 Posts
Started on the Bell Tech lowering shocks and new control arms on my Aqua Blur. I got the drivers side done today. Between weather and not feeling good it was a good day to get that done. Tomorrow after work may tackle the passengers side. I know it is quite a bit easier. Have to drop off the front wheels and get the new tires put on them tomorrow also.

·
189 the LAST blur
257 Posts
Sure looks like it was a busy day for many Fanatics in Texas, Oklahoma and Missouri! Here in Ohio your International Rally Team spent the day together near Dayton to do some fine tuning of our event schedule, shirt graphic designs and Goodie Bag items to just name a few! By next weekend we will be posting our official event activities for the week so we can get started on our group tickets sales. 😁

Also, the team got their first look at our beautiful Aqua Blur Raffle Truck which I drove to the meeting. I have to admit those Continental tires really do give the truck a much smoother ride then any other set of tires I've had on my trucks! Just a great driving truck!

Team, we need to start taking pictures when we meet. So we got some to post! 🤔
Wonderful tire evaluation for me HUAW. Went to my winter storage facility to check if my battery was still charged enough to fire since sitting disconnected from last October. Gauge read 12.2 volts after reconnecting and it fired right up. Called my tire gal to see if the new Conti's anrrived for my install appointment next week. They sent a set back that were dated early 2019 as per my request. Can't wait. Hope it's sunny that day.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,254 Posts
Dropped off Thunder at my paint guys shop to get the L88 styled hood trimmed and painted although the black doesn't look bad at all with the Pac Blue! He's also repairing the damaged MPD tailgate rear spoiler and installing that while that parking lot damage from last fall will be getting the rear bumper painted also. It should be ready to head south for the Maggie Valley Rally! He said he'll have it for about a month so it will be cutting it close. I've got the Raffle Truck at my place so if I start suffering from Permagrin withdrawals I can always take out the Blur for a short little spin and some top down action! My last view of thunder before I drove away...😢
IMG_20210414_181417819_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210414_181427914_HDR.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
AS PER DICKTATORS ORDERS.........

As per Dicktators orders I changed the ignition switch today. I had battery trouble last week and replaced it. Anytime you have battery trouble you have low voltage through the switch, possibly burning the contacts. As a precaution replace when in doubt. Change the battery and switch at least every 4 years. I know some brag about how long their battery has lasted. I had much rather change the switch and battery in the garage than in a Walmart parking lot. Most battery suppliers will not change the battery because of the location.
Yesterday I installed the super doooer space age insulation that Mike recommends above the exhaust pipe under the passenger side. Now I need a purse and lipstick to see if it works.
Jack

·
Registered
101 Posts
After almost a year and a half I finally persuaded the drivers side tonneau latch to respond to the pulling of the manual release cable. With patience, I opened the tonneau cover... extended the flipper cover... and propped it open to look inside. At the bottom of the compartment I found a decayed and rotted shirt... A half gallon Grapefruit Juice container (empty, thank you) with an expiration date of July 7, 2010... and Mardi Gras beads. I got the cover off the RDM Compartment... the nuts were finger tight, which left me thinking that perhaps the previous owner's mechanic had opened the compartment to check the RDM and maybe just maybe just stuffed it back in there without reconnecting it. Unfortunately the RDM was there, and connected. I saw no chaffed wires... no dirty connectors... nothing obviously wrong. Dammittt!

Oh Yeah... I found one of those rubber bumper/stopper things that have been the subject of discussion for a few days... An hideous old rubber bumper/stopper....

·
SSR Pit Crew
2006 Pac Blue FPR Auto
2,328 Posts
I too found a ratty rubber bumper in the bottom of the storage compartment on my R shortly after purchase and as I stated in another post, found a similar size one on Steele Rubber Products website and installed that one. Good to go.

Dave

·
Registered
101 Posts
I too found a ratty rubber bumper in the bottom of the storage compartment on my R shortly after purchase and as I stated in another post, found a similar size one on Steele Rubber Products website and installed that one. Good to go.

Dave
Yeah... But if I replace the ratty bumper with a new one, will it fix my RDM?

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,975 Posts
@Mark E I have had the cover off both my 04 and 05 and the bolts were not tight on either one. So it maybe the factory didn't think they needed to be tight or they had a lazy person doing that job.
The shirt I can understand it getting back there. But the Grape Fruit juice container that's a little strange.
Good Luck on the RDM.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
5,040 Posts
Hey, you'er in Florida !!!!----plenty of FANATICS there to help get your top working-----unless you've already met with them, if not-why not :giggle:, and know without a doubt the RDM is bad.

Nick

·
Registered
101 Posts
@Mark E I have had the cover off both my 04 and 05 and the bolts were not tight on either one. So it maybe the factory didn't think they needed to be tight or they had a lazy person doing that job.
The shirt I can understand it getting back there. But the Grape Fruit juice container that's a little strange.
Good Luck on the RDM.
This poor truck spent most of its life covered in advertising decals, parked in front of a Sports Bar. Based on the some of the "repairs" I've seen, I'd have to speculate that after the warranty ran out the original owner couldn't find a Shade Tree Mechanic, so took it to a Butcher Shop Mechanic instead. When I discovered the nuts were finger tight I had a fleeting moment of hope.... Hope that a Butcher Shop Mechanic removed the RDM and temporarily fit the cover back in place while waiting to find a replacement. But... No such luck..

10841 - 10860 of 11008 Posts