Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

10861 - 10880 of 11008 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,545 Posts
We got it out and drove it for Julie to Lincoln (50 miles) for pre surgery check for her eye. We have been driving the 470 when the weather was less favorable. Drove the two lane there at 65 mph and got low twenties. Drove the interstate back at 80 mph and got high teens. I am trying E91 on it. It should be good on 2005 plus. So far so good. It was raised on ethanol before I got it. It is $1 per gallon cheaper than straight 91 octane.

I expect that I will put the hitch on and try the kayak trailer if we pull it to "Hammering the Hills" in June.

Dave

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Had the R out with the top down to run some errands yesterday. Got the usual thumbs up when driving and curious questions when parked.

The most curious question ...

"Can you get a 4'x8' sheet of plywood in the back?"

OMG. . I was momentarily speechless before I finally muttered 'No'.

Guess too many people here drive an F150 or Silverado to Home Depot ...

·
Spirited driver!
1,777 Posts
Had a great day yesterday with @240 Gordy and the Lake Havasu gang. Got my lowering springs and and the new Bilstein shocks all installed. The truck rides much better. Firm but not stiff. The new shocks are even co-pilot approved! She said she was looking forward to the 4-day drive to Cincinnati for the International Rally now. What more can I ask for?

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 9/2106 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
28,915 Posts
With 92000 miles, today we flushed the cooling system, brake system, replaced the fluid in the trans & replaced the filter, changed the oil & filter, then a front end alignment.
Getting ready for TALLEDEIGA next month.
TALLADEGA TRACK DAY WEEK
Is it May 28 as at the top of the page
or
May 29 as at the bottom of the page?
Inquiring minds want to know!

·
Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
652 Posts
Removed the yellow "warning stickers" from my sun visors by following the instructions on the Forum in this thread:

Removing Yellow Stickers from Sun Visors

Process was simple and the results were excellent. I masked my visors, applied the alcohol and let it soak a bit, gradually removed the stickers, and then applied leather treatment to the visors. See pics for the masked visors and later as soon as the masking was removed. Now that the leather treatment has been applied and the visor material relaxed, it's nearly impossible to see any evidence of the stickers.

A much cleaner look in the interior, especially when the top is down. Many thanks to those that created and revised the process described in the original thread.

tempImageoIbBC6.jpg tempImageEEq0i0.jpg

-John

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
3,028 Posts

·
SSR Believer
2,000 Posts
The local car club we belong to hadn't had an actual in-person meeting for more than a year but decided to have a socially distanced one this month. Unseasonably warm weather brought a few folks and their rides out. It was really nice to see everyone again. We won't be holding our annual car show or swap meet this year, but we're making plans for 2022!

LCCCC 041521 1.jpeg LCCCC 041521 2.jpeg LCCCC 041521 4.jpeg LCCCC 041521 3.jpeg

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,975 Posts
My area many years ago had a big cruising scene, with that being the main activity for car people on weekends. As times changed car people got older and younger people lost the interest in cruising so it faded away. Well some of the older people had been on social media and brought up the idea of having a cruise to remember the good old days. It was mostly spread on social media and word of mouth. I went out and was surprised at the turn out of cars and people.
The cruise route was basically one main road with hundreds of cars and people both cruising and others in parking lots watching the show.
There were a wide variety of cars and trucks of all types. Old hot rods 32 Fords, 55-57 Chevys, Old trucks, rat rods, mid to late 60s and early 70s muscle cars and a ton of late model performance cars. Mustangs, Camaros, Vettes, Vipers and you would not believe the numbers of Jeeps and Mopars there. And one Aqua Blur SSR. I had several people stop and chat with me about it and funny thing, the most common thing I heard was man I haven't seen one of these in a long time.

It was a big turn out and seemed to be enjoyed by many and around 10pm it wrapped up. The weather was not the best for it, so hopefully it will happen again and maybe more of the old cruisers will drag their stuff out and drive it again.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
We broke Blur'd Vision out of the corral dropped the top and GRINNED all 110 miles to Kernersville to have Hot Dogs at Dairi'O. We haven't been there in several months and we NEEDED a break from the work. On the way home we took some back roads we've never driven before crossing Falls Lake a couple times. 220 miles and still Permagrinning.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Well took the little red truck out for a topless burger crawl. The wife and I had planned to hit 3 or 4 of the top Burger joints around our area.
Chili burgers, onion rings, cheese burgers, fries, chicken strips,Rootbeer,and Dr Pepper.
We are stuffed.
WoW! If we were in an eating competition YOU WON! I only had 2 hot dogs, (all the way) Extra crispy fries (no salt) and a Zero calorie drink.

·
Slingshot Rules!
78,299 Posts

Took The Doophus out to run errands . . . one of which was a Fill-Up. Of course, Top Down as his top is always down except on Bath Days.

OUCH . . . Shell V-Power Premium was at $3.509 per gallon even after my 10 cents per gallon special discount. That's gotta be the highest price for gasoline is many years.

When is this COVID BS gonna end?

! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: !

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
689 Posts
Took Tuckerred1948 out of storage for a battery charging ride, top up the tank(required in the storage building), check out a shop that says they can replace the clutch slave cylinder on the GTO, & finally dinner at the Cue Bar b Que, site of many car shows. Interestingly as I was accelerating up the hill from Hwy 78 between Stone Mountain and Tucker a yellow & black custom 'Vette, C4 maybe, went by followed by guess what? A black SSR with the GA tag 'UGAMAN'. Haven't seen that one before & I looked in our members and found no one with that moniker. Both cars may live in my neighborhood as they turned in at a subdivision road. Anyone on site familiar with 'UGAMAN'. We are becoming quite the area for SSRs, five new ones to me around here since spring. Of the previous ones I have seen before I always count OldFred's two, but know not what has become of them since his untimely death.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2006 Pac Blue FPR Auto
2,328 Posts
Took Tuckerred1948 out of storage for a battery charging ride, top up the tank(required in the storage building), check out a shop that says they can replace the clutch slave cylinder on the GTO, & finally dinner at the Cue Bar b Que, site of many car shows. Interestingly as I was accelerating up the hill from Hwy 78 between Stone Mountain and Tucker a yellow & black custom 'Vette, C4 maybe, went by followed by guess what? A black SSR with the GA tag 'UGAMAN'. Haven't seen that one before & I looked in our members and found no one with that moniker. Both cars may live in my neighborhood as they turned in at a subdivision road. Anyone on site familiar with 'UGAMAN'. We are becoming quite the area for SSRs, five new ones to me around here since spring. Of the previous ones I have seen before I always count OldFred's two, but know not what has become of them since his untimely death.
I was a little excited when I moved into our development last year and spotted a smokin' asphalt in a garage near me. It wasn't there very long though and when I inquired as to its whereabouts the guy told me his son took it to Indiana. Oh well.

Dave

10861 - 10880 of 11008 Posts