Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

10901 - 10920 of 11002 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,078 Posts
Following Dicktator's advice, I spent some time treating the rubber seals of the SSR top and top storage area with a thin layer of dielectric grease to waterproof and keep the seals supple, and to minimize the top rubbing against the seals while driving with the top closed. Used the grease on the seals themselves and also on the surface contact points of the roof and the flippers.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,713 Posts
This is the only one I can find and it appears to have been take from the garage.

Turns out I had the date wrong. It was 6/3/09
Yes that was before the new driveway and landscaping was updated. Ah... 2009 so perhaps that was why I wasn't able to find any of your SSR photos?

BTW: I think our SSR likes getting out of the garage and sitting outside in the sun too. :D

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 9/2106 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
28,914 Posts
That is some very nice pin stripping. I am always impressed by the quality of workmanship that you guys manage to find.

Reactions: Railroad Guy

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,965 Posts
My wife and daughter are in town this weekend and we went out to breakfast. While waiting a couple pulled up in a silver SSR that I had never seen in my area. I gave them the thumbs up. They walked up after they went inside to get on the waiting list. I told them I have a couple SSRs as well and we started talking. Nice guy named Dan. I told him about the web site here so may get a new member out of it. Very clean low mileage truck. He said he got it from a collector after he passed with only 6,000 miles on it. He is out enjoying it and has 30,000 on it now. So a productive morning.

I made the joke about cleaning the wife's car a while back. The joke was on me. It got a full wash and wax today. The SSRs had to sit and wait their turn. Maybe next weekend

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,281 Posts
Been "sprucing" up my R for the South Dakota Rally.

Put in NEW Chrome alternator from Mike aka Simple Engineering, had to, mine failed after 12yrs.

New Battery and of course that means replace Ignition Switch.

Upgraded Stainless under hood plus replace stainless on Spear.

Had down to Andy's for under carriage inspection. All good including tires.

Only have 149,000 miles on R. Started with 9,000 miles.

Transmission rebuilt, new rear engine seal, put in 4:10 gears in 2009.

Had Jeremy do "check-up" tune last week. Like going to Doctors for check up.

We are ready to go!

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR ROTM WINNER SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC -aka- Ole Blue
1,606 Posts
I’m with you Dicktator. Love Mikes heavy
FF44F6D8-8D4E-4F32-91B0-F6EF06810DC7.jpeg
duty alternator. Went with gloss black on the 03 as not much chrome on ours.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
648 Posts
Installed Simple Engineering's "Dropped and Tucked" running board brackets. As with all of @Mike in AZ 's products, the quality of construction and materials are outstanding, and Mike's enhancement of the original Sinister/Lonnie design makes the modification so easy to install and to adjust to the owner's preferences. Taking the boards off provided an ideal opportunity to spiff up the body below the door and to clean up the frame rails too!

-John

tempImageXcsqr4.jpg tempImagexIaUDT.jpg

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,245 Posts
@Mr Met ,Gotta Keep Lookin' Good my Blues Brother!! :cool:

Reactions: Mr Met

·
Premium Member
ROTM 2005 Redline Red .
5,581 Posts
Well had an interesting day as I was able to stop by Kaminari and pick up my new Facia with a built-in spoiler.
Pete had it boxed up and ready to go.
Pete asked if I'd like to see one mounted up as he had a 2006 SSR they were working on so naturally, I said Heck yah!
The facia looked great on the 06, I will be very happy when I get mine painted and installed.

Pete also showed me the Nascar Type rear spoiler and it looks great maybe a little more refined than MDP's as Pete had cleaned up the molds.

The Kaminari Factory is pretty big, very clean, and looks very well run.

Pete and his crew along with front office Dina were able to turn this Facia around for me in less than 2 weeks to meet my travel schedule.

Thumbs up to Kaminari.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
I think after looking at everyone else's garage, I need to get the R out so I don't look at my garage.

We will probably take it on a road trip. Probably about 250 mile round trip to go see my son's team (coaches) at a track meet. Should be a great day.

Dave
View attachment 593899 I installed new LED headlights tonight. Everything on my R is LED except fog lights, they will be next. Took a good look underneath while on the lift because I am taking a little 200 mile trip tomorrow to help a fanatic fix his roof. Should be fun. View attachment 593899 View attachment 593900
View attachment 593899
View attachment 593900
Let me know how you like the fog lights when you get them in. I assume you don't have to run front plates?

Dave

·
SSR Pit Crew
2006 Pac Blue FPR Auto
2,323 Posts
Went for round two on suctioning and refilling the roof hydraulic reservoir after a few months of up and down use. Hopefully will help with the longevity of the seals.

Dave

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think after looking at everyone else's garage, I need to get the R out so I don't look at my garage.

We will probably take it on a road trip. Probably about 250 mile round trip to go see my son's team (coaches) at a track meet. Should be a great day.

Dave

Let me know how you like the fog lights when you get them in. I assume you don't have to run front plates?

Dave
No front plate in Florida

10901 - 10920 of 11002 Posts