Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

10921 - 10940 of 11002 Posts

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR ROTM WINNER SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC -aka- Ole Blue
1,606 Posts
Got the Magnaflow 12568 installed, true duals!
What year ssr AND can u post a short clip of the exhaust sound at idle
Thank you

·
Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd
707 Posts
Went for round two on suctioning and refilling the roof hydraulic reservoir after a few months of up and down use. Hopefully will help with the longevity of the seals.

Dave
Round two? What made you think of doing Round One? Doing top mechanism maintenance?

What's involved with doing suctioning and refilling the roof hydraulic reservoir? And what does the reservoir look like and where is it located, passenger or driver side?

I never thought much about doing top mechanism maintenance. 😏

·
Premium Member
ROTM 2005 Redline Red .
5,580 Posts
Getting ready to drop the little red truck off at Dyno Transmissions here in Temecula CA.
They will be installing a new torque convertor from Greg at Phoenix transmissions along with a transmission service, installing a new deep trans pan and rear differential covers from Mike in AZ .

Won't get her back till Wednesday as we are traveling for a few days.

I'll report on everything once I get to test drive the little red truck.

·
Premium Member
06 Two Tone Smokin/Ricochet Auto
44 Posts
What year ssr AND can u post a short clip of the exhaust sound at idle
Thank you
06, I'll try to remember to get you a clip.
Same exhaust I did on my last 06, a little louder than stock with no drone and breathes better. Liked it so much on the last one we wanted this one the same.

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Getting ready to drop the little red truck off at Dyno Transmissions here in Temecula CA.
They will be installing a new torque convertor from Greg at Phoenix transmissions along with a transmission service, installing a new deep trans pan and rear differential covers from Mike in AZ .

Won't get her back till Wednesday as we are traveling for a few days.

I'll report on everything once I get to test drive the little red truck.
Had Greg install torque converter and corvette servo in mine several years ago... Man oh man what a difference it made in the holeshot... You'll love it.

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR ROTM WINNER SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC -aka- Ole Blue
1,606 Posts
06, I'll try to remember to get you a clip.
Same exhaust I did on my last 06, a little louder than stock with no drone and breathes better. Liked it so much on the last one we wanted this one the same.
Thank you

·
SSR Pit Crew
2006 Pac Blue FPR Auto
2,322 Posts
Round two? What made you think of doing Round One? Doing top mechanism maintenance?

What's involved with doing suctioning and refilling the roof hydraulic reservoir? And what does the reservoir look like and where is it located, passenger or driver side?

I never thought much about doing top mechanism maintenance. 😏
Probably everything I do to the R is a direct result of what I've read on here, whether it be preventive measures or issues that have cropped up for others. The little little opaque reservoir is in the roof storage compartment close to the forward wall and on the driver's side. It's got a little threaded brass fill plug which you unscrew and remove, allowing you to suction out the old fluid. I suctioned mine out with a manual brake bleed tool. There is a little decal affixed to the aft side of the reservoir showing the minimum and maximum level of fluid. I refilled mine with Pentosin CHF 11S power steering fluid (as recommended by Dicktator) using an eye dropper. It is time consuming but will eventually get the job done. It's important not to under or overfill the reservoir. I occasionally spray the microswitches with WD-40 Dry lube. Someone, maybe Dicktator has shown their locations here on the forum.

Dave

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,965 Posts
Going to head over to the local pick a part and see about grabbing a set of rear control arms off a Trailblazer to see about fabricating my own. Yes I know they can be bought from other companies but I would rather make my own when I can. I am thinking of doing two sets for my different trucks one with Polyurethane ends in it and one set with Chrome Moly Heim joints in it. Mostly to see what the difference is in noise and ride quality. I can always swap the ends out if the rod ends make noise or are at a disadvantage. I am also going to do the Panard bar because of lowering the trucks and this way I can get the rear end centered. I don't think it is really that big of a deal but while I am ordering parts and welding, I may as well do it all. My black 05 has been lowered for about a year and a half and I have yet have anyone tell me it is a nice truck but the rear end is off set by 3/8s of an inch. Just a couple of little projects to do when it is raining or in the evening.

While I am there I may even pick up an extra fuse box lid or two. It's always fun to just walk around and see what you can find.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
3,019 Posts
Probably everything I do to the R is a direct result of what I've read on here, whether it be preventive measures or issues that have cropped up for others. The little little opaque reservoir is in the roof storage compartment close to the forward wall and on the driver's side. It's got a little threaded brass fill plug which you unscrew and remove, allowing you to suction out the old fluid. I suctioned mine out with a manual brake bleed tool. There is a little decal affixed to the aft side of the reservoir showing the minimum and maximum level of fluid. I refilled mine with Pentosin CHF 11S power steering fluid (as recommended by Dicktator) using an eye dropper. It is time consuming but will eventually get the job done. It's important not to under or overfill the reservoir. I occasionally spray the microswitches with WD-40 Dry lube. Someone, maybe Dicktator has shown their locations here on the forum.

Dave
You can get a cheap old fashioned ketchup squeeze bottle at the dollar store that will be far better than the eye dropper.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
We took for a 268 mile round trip yesterday. It got bugged up, so I washed it and then refilled with E91. 268 miles with 13.1 gallon, so I am not seeing a mileage drop yet.

I got a Winset safe for the back when I may travel through states that are colored [remove political comment.]
You can get a cheap old fashioned ketchup squeeze bottle at the dollar store that will be far better than the eye dropper.
I got an oversized reservoir, but have not put it in yet. Maybe before SoDak.
You can get a set of six clear ones at your local Harbor Freight or other such Chinese importer.

I will have to figure out where to locate it.

I will probably put the hitch on and take the kayak trailer for a test pull before SoDak. Right now get the Prelude out of the bay and recover the R.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
648 Posts
Installed a pair of new old stock door sills that a fellow Fanatic kindly made available. Beautiful condition, and they arrived in the original box with directions and foil packets of adhesion promoter! Cleaned and prepped the SSR's door sills, pressed the new sills in place, and voila, something pretty to see when the door is opened.

Then Judy and I took a three-hour cruise around the hills of Central PA. It's Porsche day at the Carlisle Fairgrounds, so we saw lots of other folks also enjoying the joyous weather cruising around here today.

So grateful for a relaxing day.

-John

tempImageSAkb2O.jpg tempImageMbcdTR.jpg

·
SSR Pit Crew
2006 Pac Blue FPR Auto
2,322 Posts
Good idea, I thought about doing something like that, but the time it would have taken to drive to the store and back, I would have been finished with it.

Dave

·
SSR Pit Crew
2006 Pac Blue FPR Auto
2,322 Posts
I got Mike's modified running board brackets today so went ahead and installed the driver's side. I liked the position of the stock running boards to the body but getting out of the vehicle without brushing against the running board with my shoe was a challenge. Hopefully the new brackets will make a clean exit a little easier.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Cruise night in Clarksville VA so we headed up. It runs 1st Saturday each month 4-8pm. They close down the main st and park the cars diagonally on both sides. It's a cool drive over an hour for us but it is on Kerr Lake. Had a great time, one observer told her younger friend or daughter that Blur'd was a Kit!!! Love it. Anyway the "tighten fuel cap" warning came on. Fuse pull tomorrow when I wash the R and put it away.
#27 Fuse pull worked, Blur'd all shampooed, dried and covered up in bed!

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,965 Posts
Installed a pair of new old stock door sills that a fellow Fanatic kindly made available. Beautiful condition, and they arrived in the original box with directions and foil packets of adhesion promoter! Cleaned and prepped the SSR's door sills, pressed the new sills in place, and voila, something pretty to see when the door is opened.

Then Judy and I took a three-hour cruise around the hills of Central PA. It's Porsche day at the Carlisle Fairgrounds, so we saw lots of other folks also enjoying the joyous weather cruising around here today.

So grateful for a relaxing day.

-John

View attachment 593997 View attachment 593998
Congratulations on that nice upgrade. I would love to find a set of those my self some day. Then the problem is which truck to put them on. They look good (y)

·
Premium Member
2005 Redline SSR 6 speed, 2013 Porsche Cayenne S 4.8 Liter, 1990 Harley Davidson FatBoy FLSTF
210 Posts
Got SMKNSSR out of the garage went out for a short drive, then pulled up on my auto ramps and dropped the oil plug and filter. Refilled w/Mobil 1 5W30 and verified no oil leaks. Backed off ramps and steered to the left and replaced the high beam bulb to LED and the same for the right. There is a big difference as mentioned by several other Fanatic. Washed and applied tire black on my four new TOYO Tires. Recorded my service with 16,435 miles on the clock. Another Fanatic Fantastic SSR Day.
Cheers Y’all, Cecil

·
SSR Pit Crew
2006 Pac Blue FPR Auto
2,322 Posts
I installed the new passenger side running board brackets and thought I'd spruce up the running boards a bit since I had left over aerosol paint. Got ready to paint and found out no propellant in the can. Now I have to get another can of paint. It's always something.

Dave

10921 - 10940 of 11002 Posts