Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

10941 - 10960 of 11002 Posts

·
Slingshot Rules!
78,250 Posts
I installed the new passenger side running board brackets and thought I'd spruce up the running boards a bit since I had left over aerosol paint. Got ready to paint and found out no propellant in the can. Now I have to get another can of paint. It's always something.

Dave

What's that old saying, Dave . . . ?

"One thing after another and then you . . . KICK THE BUCKET !"

! :D ! 👍 ! :D ! 👍 ! :D !

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR ROTM WINNER SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC -aka- Ole Blue
1,607 Posts
Cruise night in Clarksville VA so we headed up. It runs 1st Saturday each month 4-8pm. They close down the main st and park the cars diagonally on both sides. It's a cool drive over an hour for us but it is on Kerr Lake. Had a great time, one observer told her younger friend or daughter that Blur'd was a Kit!!! Love it. Anyway the "tighten fuel cap" warning came on. Fuse pull tomorrow when I wash the R and put it away.
That’s my families town. Ask for Ren Hite, Bill Hite, or Dale Hite and tell them their cousin Scott Harris said they would buy you a drink. Hite’s clothing is right there on Main Street. I’d also recommend Bayview Efficiences as a super nice place to stay. Just off Main Street on way to Marina and again tell her Scott Harris from Florida sent ya.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2006 Pac Blue FPR Auto
2,323 Posts
What's that old saying, Dave . . . ?

"One thing after another and then you . . . KICK THE BUCKET !"

! :D ! 👍 ! :D ! 👍 ! :D !
I've kicked a few buckets in my lifetime, like paint buckets, wash buckets, mop buckets and even eaten a few KFC buckets but hopefully I'm not ready to kick that BIG bucket.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
That’s my families town. Ask for Ren Hite, Bill Hite, or Dale Hite and tell them their cousin Scott Harris said they would buy you a drink. Hite’s clothing is right there on Main Street. I’d also recommend Bayview Efficiences as a super nice place to stay. Just off Main Street on way to Marina and again tell her Scott Harris from Florida sent ya.
Thanks for the connections but we were only there for a little over 2 hours and its just over an hour from home so I wouldn't need a place to stay, and I NEVER drink and drive no matter how small a drink. Our son is a police officer so it wouldn't be smart to get a DUI!

·
Trygodfirst
1,607 Posts
Thanks for the connections but we were only there for a little over 2 hours and its just over an hour from home so I wouldn't need a place to stay, and I NEVER drink and drive no matter how small a drink. Our son is a police officer so it wouldn't be smart to get a DUI!
That’s why I offered you the efficiences

·
Registered
253 Posts
You can get a cheap old fashioned ketchup squeeze bottle at the dollar store that will be far better than the eye dropper.
If you take a long wire or coat hanger straightened, and hold it inside the oil reservoir without touching the side, you can pour the oil down the side of the wire and fill the reservoir without standing on your head .......

·
Spirited driver!
1,775 Posts
So following in the footsteps of @Firetruck I did the muffler delete on the 06. It is a noticeable difference for sure! It is a much more aggressive idle but when you step on it, it may be a bit too loud (if there is such a thing). Also noticed considerable drone around 2,000 rpm. Might have to go back amd put a super 44 or something else on to tame it just a bit. Going to be in the truck for 3 weeks in September so the drone will need to change.

·
BLU SSR
3,691 Posts
So following in the footsteps of @Firetruck I did the muffler delete on the 06. It is a noticeable difference for sure! It is a much more aggressive idle but when you step on it, it may be a bit too loud (if there is such a thing). Also noticed considerable drone around 2,000 rpm. Might have to go back amd put a super 44 or something else on to tame it just a bit. Going to be in the truck for 3 weeks in September so the drone will need to change.
Kids today! They get away from the rules of California and they lose control !!!!

·
SSR Believer
1,990 Posts
Super glad you went there. Was getting close to doing that as well. I’ll hold off until I hear how you like it long term.

Thanks for being a great Fanatic and looking out for the rest of us!

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,965 Posts
I was lazy this weekend and didn't have time to wash it, so I waited till after dark to drive it. Harder to see it is dirty then.

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,393 Posts
Test drove the new tires across town Sunday to attend a car show.
So far good feeling with new tires. I may lower the cold pressure to 32psi. I have them at 35psi currently. Returning home if felt stiffer, but acceptable. The tpms monitor showed pressure reached 39psi as it was hotter outside than driving out at 10am. I think if I plan any long drives I will drop cold pressure to 32psi, but leave it as is for some more driving.

OH, car show had approximately 125 cars, but some were too cheap to donate the $10 to charity. So there were 100 cars registered.
Ginger stood out enough to score a top 30 trophy.😁😁

George (yellow SSR) checks out our site periodically. I met him at a car show in the autumn of 2018 after he had just purchased it. I bump into him at a couple of shows a year. He hasn't done much to it since he purchased it.

20210502_121838.jpg
20210502_122247.jpg
20210502_132606.jpg
site

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
We took for a 268 mile round trip yesterday. It got bugged up, so I washed it and then refilled with E91. 268 miles with 13.1 gallon, so I am not seeing a mileage drop yet.

I got a Winset safe for the back when I may travel through states that are colored [remove political comment.]

I got an oversized reservoir, but have not put it in yet. Maybe before SoDak.

You can get a set of six clear ones at your local Harbor Freight or other such Chinese importer.

I will have to figure out where to locate it.

I will probably put the hitch on and take the kayak trailer for a test pull before SoDak. Right now get the Prelude out of the bay and recover the R.
That blue me away.

·
Premium Member
ROTM 2005 Redline Red .
5,581 Posts
So picked up the little red truck from Dyno Transmissions.
Had a Phoenix Torque Convertor installed, Simple-Engineering Deep Trans Pan installed and last but not least a Simple-Engineering Differential cover installed.
Trans pan and Diff cover look great and no leaks.
The Phoenix TC brings a little more get up and go and a better passing gear on the freeway.
More testing is needed, LOL.

·
Trygodfirst
1,607 Posts
Another top down ocean cruise. That noise and heat matting has really done the trick in keeping the cab cool. Here a picture underneath of the new rear differential cover and heavy duty rear control arms from simple engineering View attachment 594185
80565F13-58C4-47EF-9B78-7F5BE9BA0684.jpeg

·
SSR Believer
1,990 Posts
Drove to Seattle and back to pick up an almost new set of Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus tires from SSRFanatic @benzr1. They're exactly what we already had and even though ours still had a good 70% or so of the tread left they were going on eight years old plus they spent a number of summers in Phoenix. I really like how they ride and handle and I had it in the back of my mind that they probably should be replaced sooner than later.

Ben's going to go with some custom, larger wheels and tires (that'll look sweet!) and was selling his OEM wheels and tires for a great price. I told him if someone wanted the wheels, but not the tires, that I'd be interested. It all worked out! A fellow in Arizona's getting new chrome wheels and I have new rubber on all four corners. The fronts have less than 200 miles on them and the rears less than 1,000 miles (Ben's been experimenting with other tires and wheels). So more tread and newer tires for safer adventures. They'll probably outlast me. ;)

I had also purchased a brand new rear wheel to replace one that had a little rash from the original owner. Still in great shape, but, well, you know. So I brought that with me to be installed at the same time.

Ben even delivered the tires to a nearby Discount Tire so they were ready and waiting when I got there. I guess I made it known that I considered our R pretty special so the check-in gentleman asked the shop assistant manager to take care of me. He insisted that I drive it over to the bays and that they'd use floor jacks instead of their lift to work on it to avoid any under carriage mishaps. I asked for the chrome covered rubber valve stems to match Mike's SSR valve caps. Had everything swapped out and road force balanced while Ben and I talked SSRs, shared photos and generally shot the breeze. He's on his third SSR and has some great plans for it.

So about an 8 hour round trip that included several "great car!", "nice!" and one "what IS that?!" comments plus a rolled-down window and big thumbs up from a guy passing me on the freeway on the way home. Permagrin.

The fronts I had were 245/45ZR19 and the new ones are the OEM spec 255/45ZR19 so I'm taking it in to have the frontend alignment checked (to @Dicktator's specs) Monday. The shop owner said that it probably won't need anything but I'd like to be sure.

Spent today wiping off bugs, giving it a bath and a nice spray wax. Now she's back in the garage with new shoes. I love the smell of new rubber in the morning! :LOL:

My next project will be cleaning and painting the barrels of my other three wheels to match the new one. Might wait a day or two though. You can only "hobby" so much in one week.

Thanks again Ben! (y)

New Continental Extremes 1 .jpeg New Continental Extremes 2.jpeg New Continental Extremes 3.jpeg New Continental Extremes 5.jpeg New Continental Extremes 4.jpeg

·
Trygodfirst
1,607 Posts
it’s scratch and chip repair Eric here in south Florida is my go to man for any work like this. Matches well and keeps my pacific blue in stock
Then on to detail then on to xpel application

·
Trygodfirst
1,607 Posts
it’s scratch and chip repair Eric here in south Florida is my go to man for any work like this. Matches well and keeps my pacific blue in stock
Then on to detail then on to xpel application
Gonz newie on the paint spots. Even buffed out mars on the running board.

10941 - 10960 of 11002 Posts