Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
11161 - 11180 of 11218 Posts

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
Premium Member 2004 Smokin' Asphalt
50,597 Posts
It's very hot here today mid 90°s so we took the "R" for ice-cream the place we picked is 50 miles away. Top down going there but too hot on the way back so top up and air. :)
On the way back there was a well dressed lady trying to fix a flat tire along the road. No one stopped to help and she already had the tire and jack out and trying to loosen the lug nuts. I stopped to help and she was very grateful. I got the lug nuts loose and the car jacked up and finally a young man stopped and helped I was very thankful as it was hot and I'm old. I said to the lady she needs roadside assistance she said she called them and they told her it would be 2 plus hours so she told me she would try it herself. She said she had been there over a hour and no one stopped to help, is everyone that busy?
So not only was the "R" a ice-cream truck it was also a service truck today. (y)

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
174 Posts
It's very hot here today mid 90°s so we took the "R" for ice-cream the place we picked is 50 miles away. Top down going there but too hot on the way back so top up and air. :)
On the way back there was a well dressed lady trying to fix a flat tire along the road. No one stopped to help and she already had the tire and jack out and trying to loosen the lug nuts. I stopped to help and she was very grateful. I got the lug nuts loose and the car jacked up and finally a young man stopped and helped I was very thankful as it was hot and I'm old. I said to the lady she needs roadside assistance she said she called them and they told her it would be 2 plus hours so she told me she would try it herself. She said she had been there over a hour and no one stopped to help, is everyone that busy?
You did the right thing! Paying it Forward. That Lady must have been very pleased for your assistance.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,116 Posts
On the way back there was a well dressed lady trying to fix a flat tire along the road. I said to the lady she needs roadside assistance she said she called them and they told her it would be 2 plus hours so she told me she would try it herself. She said she had been there over a hour and no one stopped to help, is everyone that busy?
So not only was the "R" a ice-cream truck it was also a service truck today. (y)
No, everyone is that selfish and self centered. Thanks for being the GOOD GUY who sets the example so the youngsters begin to learn to be helpful.

·
Slingshot Rules!
79,652 Posts

WAY TO GO, JD . . .

In spite of you being OLD and the HEAT . . . you definitely did the right thing.

! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: !

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,462 Posts
What was I doing without my SSR today? I was looking for some SSR's while vacationing here in Duluth, Minnesota for a few days. They had a very nice six block long car show. However, as can be expected there were NO SSRs to be found! A handful of trucks in Wisconsin but I don't recall seeing any members in Minnesota so I'm not really surprised. So, if you're out there in the Northwoods let us know! 😉
3646 miles of traveling and not one SSR sighting except when we had a planned visit with @Legallyblonde0626 near Appleton, Wisconsin. 😁
Lake Superior is beautiful by the way!

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,566 Posts
Finally finished my Oak wood bed floor. The numerous coats of clear is still a little soft, but I was able to cut and buff after one month of dry time to finish.
Pictures do not due justice to the wood grain. The floor looks red but it's semi-transparent and the wood grain does pop in the sun. I may start another thread showing the steps.
But here are a few for this post. Some show the painstaking detail I tried to install into this project.
20210709_143251.jpg
20210709_142705.jpg
20210709_142613.jpg
20210704_210412.jpg

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
174 Posts
Finally finished my Oak wood bed floor. The numerous coats of clear is still a little soft, but I was able to cut and buff after one month of dry time to finish.
Pictures do not due justice to the wood grain. The floor looks red but it's semi-transparent and the wood grain does pop in the sun. I may start another thread showing the steps.
But here are a few for this post. Some show the painstaking detail I tried to install into this project. View attachment 597303 View attachment 597304 View attachment 597305 View attachment 597306
SWEET 👍😜

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
50,597 Posts
@Autoprof that is impressive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Autoprof

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,116 Posts
I have come across a couple SSRs in the Twin Cities and vicinity but none of them wanted to join us. I do recall one on the Forum a few years ago but did not ever meet him.

Reactions: HUAW

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
James, As I read your post "we took the R out for ice cream" I have to ask, What flavor does your R like?
Seriously you're a good man to help a stranded person. I commend you. To answer your question, No People are NOT that busy. They have No respect or compassion for anyone anymore. I hate how this planet is changing but considering it's (so far) the only one with oxygen to breathe & roads to drive on I'm gonna stay a bit longer.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
50,597 Posts
James, As I read your post "we took the R out for ice cream" I have to ask, What flavor does your R like?
Seriously you're a good man to help a stranded person. I commend you. To answer your question, No People are NOT that busy. They have No respect or compassion for anyone anymore. I hate how this planet is changing but considering it's (so far) the only one with oxygen to breathe & roads to drive on I'm gonna stay a bit longer.
Thank You.
My "R" likes vanilla with hot fudge topping !!!!! :)

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
4,437 Posts
Started on transmission upgrades. Got as far as getting the truck up on ramps and the drain pan emptied from the last transmission service on one of the others. It was pretty hot and it was hard to get in the mood to work on it. I will attack it tomorrow. First thing will be deciding where to put the temp gauge sensor in the pan.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,462 Posts
I got my.new license plates in the mail.today to I put them on.
View attachment 597348
Combines my joys of Gambling and my R!
That's sweet! POKERGUY was probably already taken! I wanted the Army spelling of HOOAH so I had to be creative with HUAW! 😉 See you in Cincinnati!

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Got my BMR rear control arms and rear ADDCO anti-sway bar install finally finished. The older I get, the slower I become!

Early sense is the truck now handles like a go-kart on 'spirited' corners. Truck already has a front stiffening plate and mid-frame stiffener, so the new rear bar is complimentary.

One comment: the stock GM sway bar has collars that kept it centred in the bushing retainers. The end links are articulated and the ADDCO bar does not have the same collars, so the bar wants to move/slip somewhat side to side. And yes, the retainers are torqued correctly.

Easily corrected with a length of 2x4 used to pry the bar back into centred position between the control arms. Have to wonder why ADDCO chose not to put collars on their bar to prevent this happening.

Have yet to get the front ADDCO sway bar installed. Soon ...

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Broke out Blur'd today to drive to Raleigh to take ownership of our new to us daily driver. We sold the Cadillac SRX due to the dang thing just wasn't reliable and found a 2010 Honda Crosstour we liked. SO we headed to pick it up. Sitting at this small car lot doing paperwork and the salesman points behind me and says. "This guy has an SSR like yours" This man was here from Tennessee visiting and saw Blur'd outside and came in to tell us he had NEVER before seen another Aqua Blur SSR 6 speed. He lives on the Eastern edge of TN, bought his R new and it only has 10,k on the clock. He never heard of this forum but was happy to share his story. We gave him one of our cards and told him he needs to sign up here as he will meet some fine folks. Oh and he shared that he was in the mountains a few weeks ago and saw about 30 SSR's on the Blue Ridge PKY! We told him he missed the Maggie Vally Rally. We should be seeing Sam here soon!

11161 - 11180 of 11218 Posts