Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
11201 - 11218 of 11218 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,116 Posts

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
4,437 Posts
Went to help another fanatic out on a hinge issue last week. Sunday went and looked at another truck and picked up a couple parts for one of mine. Spent Saturday working on my trans cooler and then decided to do the mounts differently so back to the drawing board on it. Hope to have it done this week. That silly thing called work keeps getting in my way.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,116 Posts
That silly thing called work keeps getting in my way.
Fortunately, it also helps pay the bills and hopefully contributes to the retirement plans for the future.
Of course, the hope is that you are still able to enjoy the retirement when it arrives. :D

·
Crocksssr
43 Posts
Took Rosie over to Dictators house last Saturday and with the help of Jim Jones (Topjimmy) and Roland Smith (TeamSmith) we upgraded the stepper motors and while the dash was apart realigned all vents. Put in new LST roof struts and what a huge difference they made. Feel blessed to call these 3 men friends!

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,369 Posts
Took Rosie over to Dictators house last Saturday and with the help of Jim Jones (Topjimmy) and Roland Smith (TeamSmith) we upgraded the stepper motors and while the dash was apart realigned all vents. Put in new LST roof struts and what a huge difference they made. Feel blessed to call these 3 men friends!
Interesting because stepper motors were X27-168 but had been in for a number of years. Solder good, changed them to NEW X27-168 and all was good. They are just like volume control on your radio.
Jeff's pneumatic Roof Shocks were bad, big "Clunk" when about to stow. Bad pneumatic Roof Shocks can and does damage to Roof Hydraulic System.

Dicktator

Picture OEM C5-168 stepper motor.

Attachments

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
Premium Member 2004 Smokin' Asphalt
50,597 Posts
I drove to work with the "R" for the first time today, i came home an hour late because i couldn't drive from the parking lot, i had to repeatedly show my colleagues who were curious about trucks. none of them have ever seen such an SSR

:D:D:D
That’s great 👍👍👍👍

·
SSR Believer
2,289 Posts
I drove to work with the "R" for the first time today, i came home an hour late because i couldn't drive from the parking lot, i had to repeatedly show my colleagues who were curious about trucks. none of them have ever seen such an SSR

:D:D:D
Lost count of how many times we've been asked if it's a "kit car". ;) Think I may just start saying "yup" rather than trying to educate.:D

·
Slingshot Rules!
79,652 Posts
WOW . . . just dawned on me.

SIXTEEN YEARS AGO TODAY . . . I flew to St. Louis and then a road trip to Auburn, Illinois. After about an hour or so completing paperwork plus my personal check . . .

I ADOPTED THE DOOHUS and we began our four day trip home.

! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: !

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,369 Posts
Well I remember part of why I took all the dash apart.

Had LED bulb in cluster "flickering" during our 6,824 mile trip.

Took cluster apart and poor solder joint was the cause, I should fire the solder tech but it was ME.

All fixed, calibrator and working fine again. I did the solder more carefully.

Dicktator

Attachments

11201 - 11218 of 11218 Posts