Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
11341 - 11360 of 11386 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,739 Posts
Lookin' Good Mark! Nice story about that project! ;)

·
Premium Member
7,744 Posts
After helping install spare tire kit on Lonebones R. (Different thread). We headed up to Corbin, Kentucky. Corbin is w
Plant Sky Cloud Tire Vehicle
Car Sky Motor vehicle Gas pump Vehicle
Font Commemorative plaque Public utility History Wood
Photograph Font Wood Commemorative plaque Rectangle
Fire hydrant Infrastructure Road surface Asphalt Yellow
Plant Natural landscape Vegetation Road surface Wood
here KFC started. Drove over to Cumberland Falls. "Niagra of the South". There are only 2 places you can see a Moonbow, (rainbow at night) at Cumberland Falls and at the Victoria Falls in Africa. No full moon and to cloudy tonight.
Wood Bedrock Branch Natural landscape Trunk
Water Plant Water resources Fluvial landforms of streams Natural landscape

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
3,440 Posts
Cookout at a new members house yesterday. (They'll introduce themselves soon, still feeling their way around the forum) I was working at their house a few weeks ago and talking up the SSR like I usually do. They seemed interested so I gave them my contact info and lo and behold they bought a low mileage beauty the NEXT DAY! Great new friends hosting us @run faster , @cincyssr and @MicDonna .

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,458 Posts
Those old ones look good compared to some I've seen. Just FYI, if you ever put lowering springs on the back you need to cut the top rib of the bump stop off.
That would be the BOTTOM rib. The GM bump stop is actually a progressive spring. The inside is tapered. The top rib is very thin and hollow to make a gentle transition onto the rest of the bump stop.

Just keepin’ you straight, brother…….

Mike

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,554 Posts
I picked up my R with NEW seat cover from Auto Styles. I put Katskin on again and they look really good. My old covers where Katskin but 10YRS old and showing wear. (like Me).

Also had windows tinted again. Better UV protection than 10 yrs ago.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Thunder took Jami and I too my Father-in-laws house for dinner and on the way home cruising with the top down, we hear a young kid holler really loud; "WOW! LOOK AT THAT COOL CAR!" :cool: I think my Permagrin suddenly got bigger! :giggle:
I always get a kick out of the youngsters when they can appreciate something cool and unique like our trucks! It was almost like the soap in the mouth Chevy commercial for the SSR!
I LOVE those commercials! Some of the best Chevrolet ever did! ;)

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
3,440 Posts
Thunder took Jami and I too my Father-in-laws house for dinner and on the way home cruising with the top down, we hear a young kid holler really loud; "WOW! LOOK AT THAT COOL CAR!" :cool: I think my Permagrin suddenly got bigger! :giggle:
I always get a kick out of the youngsters when they can appreciate something cool and unique like our trucks! It was almost like the soap in the mouth Chevy commercial for the SSR!
I LOVE those commercials! Some of the best Chevrolet ever did! ;)
You did correct him that it was a truck right?!

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
We took Thunder for a top down cruise to our local ice cream shop and just before we left, the wife was excited about the new nail polish she found for the International Rally! Of course it was Pac Blue which matches Thunder really well. Notice the blue diamond wedding ring too! I told you I'm a Blues Brother through and through! 😎💙
Skin Hand Cloud White Blue

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,333 Posts
.... I will need to have some miles and a little time on the new tranny before I launch across the country. There will be a few things to tweak, for sure. I will be traveling in the Tahoe instead.....
NOW, that was pretty poor planning on your part.... I'm beginning to think that Pac Blue is jus another high perf garage 👸...

On another note, O-YLR decided he wanted to piss hydraulic fluid from the main lift cylinders this week. CFO stated she wasn't going to Cincinnati if she couldn't have top down on Natchez Trace, Dragon's Tail and Cherohala Skyway. Still thinkin' bout whether I want to fix the top cylinders or enjoy the peace n quiet.....

·
Premium Member
7,744 Posts
NOW, that was pretty poor planning on your part.... I'm beginning to think that Pac Blue is jus another high perf garage 👸...

On another note, O-YLR decided he wanted to piss hydraulic fluid from the main lift cylinders this week. CFO stated she wasn't going to Cincinnati if she couldn't have top down on Natchez Trace, Dragon's Tail and Cherohala Skyway. Still thinkin' bout whether I want to fix the top cylinders or enjoy the peace n quiet.....
Gotta, just gotta have top down on those roads.

·
Premium Member
5,093 Posts
Took everything out of the bed. Starting a dry run on packing to see what fits.

I would like to mount a Molle for fire extinguisher first aid kit etc.. Has anyone done this?

·
Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
798 Posts
We took a 45 mile top-down drive to Lititz PA, home of the Wilbur Chocolate Company, to acquire the Wilbur Buds that will be included in the “Pennsylvania Basket” to be raffled off at the Cincinnati Meet next week. Hoping for more good weather this week, as we plan to hit some PA breweries, Amish bakeries, and local snack manufacturers as well.

Cloud Sky Property Plant Vehicle
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Drinkware Cup Barware Font Drink

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Oh yes! That's a basket well worth bidding on! Looking good my Blues Brothers! 💙😎

Reactions: James Dean

·
Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
798 Posts
Judy and I travelled from Enola to Somerset PA yesterday to meet Rudy and Liz @Carbuff ! We met at the Summit Diner, and we had such a pleasant breakfast that I forgot to take pictures of the group or our SSRs to include with this post. In addition to seeing Rudy's cool Slingshot SSR with it's customized interior, we discussed plans to caravan to Cincinnati and the timing to connect with the "Mid-Atlantic" group. (Check out their thread for details)

Great time with new friends!

·
Premium Member
2005 aqua blur
300 Posts
We cleaned up the blur getting ready for Cincinnati. Then drove up to the courthouse square for a cruise in for cancer event. The weather was great. There was everything from rat rods to new vets to one aqua blur R. We had a nice time.

11341 - 11360 of 11386 Posts