Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
11361 - 11380 of 11386 Posts

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
3,440 Posts

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
4,831 Posts
Went to Texas last week. Spotted a Silver SSR in Missouri at a repair shop. Not sure if it was a workers or a customers truck. Then a black one down in Texas. Was driving the wife's car so I just waved. Passed to quick to see much of it.
Ran into a problem with the cruise control dropping out. It got worse and I think it is something not tight because it was mostly when I hit a bump. So I will crawl under the dash and poke around to see what I can find. It seems to get worse as the trip goes on. There is one section of route 69 in Oklahoma where it was easier to just turn the cruise off and drive with the pedal. Around big Cabin. That section is a little rough.

·
BLU SSR
3,843 Posts
Usual suspect is the brake switch, if that is good take a look at the speed sensors since bumps seem to aggravate it. Just my $.02 - but I'm sure you already thought of both!!!

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,088 Posts
Received the automatic shifter shaft replacement from Dragon2U and converted my automatic to a faux manual. Purchased a 2-inch light grey shift ball with a 4-speed shift pattern (to be true to the automatic gearing). Gives the SSR a new look and the faux manual shifter works great.
Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior
White Automotive design Motor vehicle Gadget Audio equipment
Car Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Slingshot Rules!
81,253 Posts
Received the automatic shifter shaft replacement from Dragon2U and converted my automatic to a faux manual. Purchased a 2-inch light grey shift ball with a 4-speed shift pattern (to be true to the automatic gearing). Gives the SSR a new look and the faux manual shifter works great.
Very possibly a Security Enhancement, Carl . . .

Rumor has it . . . Car Thieves do not know how to shift.

! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: !

·
Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd
822 Posts
Went to Texas last week. Spotted a Silver SSR in Missouri at a repair shop. Not sure if it was a workers or a customers truck. Then a black one down in Texas. Was driving the wife's car so I just waved. Passed to quick to see much of it.
Ran into a problem with the cruise control dropping out. It got worse and I think it is something not tight because it was mostly when I hit a bump. So I will crawl under the dash and poke around to see what I can find. It seems to get worse as the trip goes on. There is one section of route 69 in Oklahoma where it was easier to just turn the cruise off and drive with the pedal. Around big Cabin. That section is a little rough.
If this R is a 6=speed, you might try taping the Clutch pedal position switch in "closed" position, pushed back as if the clutch pedal not engaged, and determine if that keeps the cruise engaged. :unsure:

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
4,831 Posts
If this R is a 6=speed, you might try taping the Clutch pedal position switch in "closed" position, pushed back as if the clutch pedal not engaged, and determine if that keeps the cruise engaged. :unsure:
Nope it's an automatic. I think it is something loose either brake switch or the blinker module. Because it gets worse as the trip goes on and bumps make it worse. Arkansas and Oklahoma both have some bumpy roads in places.

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
226 Posts
View attachment 600311 View attachment 600312 View attachment 600313
Don’t Valet Park it.
The valet will break it off trying to slam it into 1st. He’ll break his ankle slamming his left foot looking for the clutch.
LOL

·
BLU SSR
3,843 Posts
Just got in from a busy day that ended with a little work and cleaning on Red to get ready for departure for Cincy tomorrow !
Took the bra off for a good cleaning of the inside material to make sure no abrasive material to rub on the paint-it needed it!!
Had a vinyl 'whisker' loose on the Chevy hood emblem that got new stick'em . Most important, got the windshield washers working - bad connection at pump. Then did some removal of unneeded stuff from the bed, vacuumed and started to pack for the trip. Tomorrow we finish packing, gas up and away we go!!! See you all in Cincy!

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,739 Posts
Got the Raffle Truck all ready and loaded up with donated items for the Silent Auction & Raffle prizes. Couple of boxes of Polo shirts and hats as well. @MicDonna will be meeting at my house in the morning to head to Cincinnati. Thunder didn't get too much attention but got loaded up as well. He's ready for that raffle truck to get out of here! I think he's a bit jealous of the attention its been getting lately! :eek::LOL:

Safe journeys to Cincinnati! We are going to "Have Fun In 21'!" ;)💙

·
Spirited driver!
2006 3SS
1,905 Posts
Got the Raffle Truck all ready and loaded up with donated items for the Silent Auction & Raffle prizes. Couple of boxes of Polo shirts and hats as well. @MicDonna will be meeting at my house in the morning to head to Cincinnati. Thunder didn't get too much attention but got loaded up as well. He's ready for that raffle truck to get out of here! I think he's a bit jealous of the attention its been getting lately! :eek::LOL:

Safe journeys to Cincinnati! We are going to "Have Fun In 21'!" ;)💙
Larry, tell Thunder not to worry. I have the new parking spot ready for the raffle truck right here.
Property Hall Wood Flooring Floor

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR ROTM WINNER SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC -aka- Ole Blue
1,739 Posts
Reactions: richsadams

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,844 Posts
I will have to check the shop and see if it is still there. I do remember driving it 3 years ago I think.

·
Premium Member
5,093 Posts
Those look nice. Are you going to sell them, or can you send the CAD to my daughter so she could make me a pair? (of trim pieces I mean)

Dave

11361 - 11380 of 11386 Posts