Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
11381 - 11400 of 11445 Posts

·
Premium Member
May 2017 ROTM 2005 Redline Red .
6,599 Posts
So had a bad shoulder for a few days, trimmed too many Palm trees, and hadn't washed the R for almost 2 weeks.
Gave the little Red truck a good wash and dry, cleaned up under the hood, she looks good.

·
Premium Member
5,237 Posts
Well since we had to cancel at the very last minute, I unloaded/unpacked everything. Cleaned up the bugs from our 50 mile attempt at going. Rinsed it with soft water, dried it and put the indoor cover on it. Probably put the outdoor over that tomorrow after I put the clean floor mats in.

I got two other vehicles that need oil changed tomorrow, so probably won't drive it for a while.

Dave

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
271 Posts
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Wheel
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Trunk Automotive tail & brake light
Well since we had to cancel at the very last minute, I unloaded/unpacked everything. Cleaned up the bugs from our 50 mile attempt at going. Rinsed it with soft water, dried it and put the indoor cover on it. Probably put the outdoor over that tomorrow after I put the clean floor mats in.

I got two other vehicles that need oil changed tomorrow, so probably won't drive it for a while.

Dave
Got the truck down to Daytona Speedway for an infield car show. Yata yata yata poor turnout, very hot and left after only 2 hours. I'll wait next time for the big one over Thanksgiving. 4 day Daytona Turkey Run.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,867 Posts
I decided to keep a black tone under the hood. I really like mikes polished heavy duty black powder alternator . I’m considering painting the engine cover Pacific Blue..??
Mine is painted. Sure looks a lot better I think!
Motor vehicle Vehicle Blue Car Hood

·
Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
861 Posts
Washed the SSR after the trip home from the Cincinnati Meet. Dirt is gone, but the great memories remain. I'm grateful for the effort put forth by Larry @HUAW and the Ohio Team; thankful to have caravanned with @Bowties4us, @Garris1, and @Carbuff; and pleased to have been able to meet many Fanatics known to me online face to face. It was a great meet and a great time.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
4,867 Posts
Same thing here. Wash and clean up after getting back from Cincy. Ready for the Mother Rt 66 week end show in Springfield Illinois.
So glad you chose to do both events my Blues Brother! I'm sure it will be a great time! Almost makes me want to go! 😉

Reactions: Dr.V

·
Premium Member
May 2017 ROTM 2005 Redline Red .
6,599 Posts
Well, just a beautiful afternoon here in So Cal 80's, clear, sunny just the perfect afternoon for a top-down cruise.

So grabbed the Wifey, dropped the top, and headed out, cruised through the local foothills, dropped down into old town Temecula.
Headed on over to DOH Ice Cream, amazing handmade Ice Cream, and Cookie dough, yes Ice Cream before dinner so we had room.

Then drove through old town into Murrieta for an amazing dinner at The Mill, 5 cheese complicated pizza, and tomato Ceaser salad.

Rolled out of The Mill for a topdown cruise home.

Very enjoyable afternoon.

·
Premium Member
4,867 Posts
Took Thunder to church this morning and gave him a good washing afterwards since I hadn't done it since I got back from Cincinnati. Beautiful day here in Defiance for some top down cruising through town and out to the Independence State Dam where I heard some girls calling out "Cousin Larry"! Visited with the three of them for awhile and headed on home.

On the way back my ABS / Brake System lights and bells started going off. It also happened on my way home from Cincinnati. Seems like I heard Mike Moro talking about just that at the Tech Session but I only was there for a few minutes... Guess I better do some research... I didn't lose my PermaGrin though, I still had brakes! 😜
Speedometer Odometer Plant Tachometer Motor vehicle

·
SSR Believer
2,638 Posts
On the way back my ABS / Brake System lights and bells started going off. It also happened on my way home from Cincinnati. Seems like I heard Mike Moro talking about just that at the Tech Session but I only was there for a few minutes... Guess I better do some research... I didn't lose my PermaGrin though, I still had brakes! 😜
View attachment 601275
Larry, I’ve had the exact same thing happen after washing our R a couple of times. May or may not be the same thing, but have a look at my post here and more importantly @Dicktator wise advice right after it:

·
SSR Believer
2,638 Posts
Cleaned up some of the Cincinnati bugs and took our 16 1/2 year old Bichon-Poo to the vet. I thought her final car ride should be special.

RIP, Zoey thanks for the memories.
View attachment 601412 View attachment 601413
So terribly sorry to hear that Mark. We had to say goodbye to our last fur kid Joey two weeks ago. Soul crushing. 😥 They are still in our hearts but we miss them so much. 💔

11381 - 11400 of 11445 Posts