Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
11421 - 11440 of 11445 Posts

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR ROTM WINNER SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC -aka- Ole Blue
1,783 Posts
top down cruise in south Florida’s east coast
Boy ton beach inlet park this morning.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
861 Posts
Friday was a relatively clear day in Central PA at the end of a cloudy and rainy week. Judy and I took a peaceful and relaxing cruise around the Carlisle / Boiling Springs area, and we rode up Wagner's Gap on the way home. It was a wonderful ride, made more so by the tune that Joe Delano added to our SSR while at the International Meet in Cincinnati. It was one of those days that makes owning an SSR a special pleasure.

Cloud Car Sky Motor vehicle Vehicle
Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Branch

·
Premium Member
2005 Aqua Blur, Auto
101 Posts
Had a great time seeing Alan and Diana again and meeting Robert and Doris. I think Robert knows every back road and photo op in Kentucky and Tennessee as well as owning one of the sharpest Redline Red R's I've ever seen. At the rate I'm going, I'll put as many miles on my R in the first year as it saw in the previous 15, but I got it to drive and now I even like running errands! Thank you for inviting me along!

·
Premium Member
2006 Automatic
957 Posts
Got to help a fellow SSR member today. He drove his truck and then parked it, came back out and it wouldn't start and captured the Key in the ignition.

He tried to jump start it and it just clicked. He called me and we went to the parking lot where the truck was and looked it over it was dead so I removed the key and called AAA.

They came out about 45 minutes later and tried to jump start it. we tried numerous times but the ground connection on the alternator kept sparking. The AAA guy kept adjusting the ground and finally it started!!!

That was great and we thanked him and he left with the car running. Shortly after he left the engine quit! I called AAA again and started the process again. While we were waiting, I crawled under the truck and moved the battery wiring and the lights came on and the truck started! With fingers crossed, we drove it to his house and found that the positive connection to the new replaced battery was loose. A little wrench work snugging up the battery connections seemed to solve the problems.

I don't know what caused the loose connection but, I guess it is another case of when you hook something up in the truck, make sure is properly attached!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avoids a lot of problems.

I know I have made plenty of what would seem to be stupid mistakes to fill a good book!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Live and learn, the battery cable connections will be the first thing I check with a no start and no electrical power!!!!!

Thanks Be to Dicktator for his reassuring wisdom and counsel.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Had a great time seeing Alan and Diana again and meeting Robert and Doris. I think Robert knows every back road and photo op in Kentucky and Tennessee as well as owning one of the sharpest Redline Red R's I've ever seen. At the rate I'm going, I'll put as many miles on my R in the first year as it saw in the previous 15, but I got it to drive and now I even like running errands! Thank you for inviting me along!
Thanks, Hope to do it real soon again.

·
Premium Member
May 2017 ROTM 2005 Redline Red .
6,599 Posts
Beautiful day, took the Red Truck on a cruise down to Temecula CA.
Met up with family to celebrate my Grand Daughter's 15th birthday.
I remember holding her the day she was born, my how time flies.
Happy Birthday to my beautiful Cheyenne.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Beautiful day here in the Tennessee mountains. Washed, polished and detailed the Roadster. Logged in a few miles of Permagrin time.

Then went shopping, investigating some of what we read on-line about supply shortages. Noticed shelves at Wally World and the grocery store with inventory pulled forward to make it look like the shelves were full. Lots of empty space. Hadn't planned on it, but decided to load up on essentials for the pantry and freezer. Costs are crazy inflated, if you havent been shopping lately! Filled the bed of the Roadster with every-day staples.

The afternoon in the Red Roadster once again reminded me of how much we all enjoy our rides! Thumbs up, waves and conversations with strangers asking questions. A lady offered to trade her new Ford SUV even-Steven. Fun times!
I hope your day today is enjoyable as well. If you can squeeze in the time, wake up your SSR and enjoy a few smiles...
Boomer Bob :cool:

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
271 Posts
Beautiful day here in the Tennessee mountains. Washed, polished and detailed the Roadster. Logged in a few miles of Permagrin time.

Then went shopping, investigating some of what we read on-line about supply shortages. Noticed shelves at Wally World and the grocery store with inventory pulled forward to make it look like the shelves were full. Lots of empty space. Hadn't planned on it, but decided to load up on essentials for the pantry and freezer. Costs are crazy inflated, if you havent been shopping lately! Filled the bed of the Roadster with every-day staples.

The afternoon in the Red Roadster once again reminded me of how much we all enjoy our rides! Thumbs up, waves and conversations with strangers asking questions. A lady offered to trade her new Ford SUV even-Steven. Fun times!
I hope your day today is enjoyable as well. If you can squeeze in the time, wake up your SSR and enjoy a few smiles...
Boomer Bob :cool:
Took a top down Flagler beach cruise. Biketoberfest starts on Thursday, we will be over run with Harley enthusiasts. There was one surprise before heading home.
Cloud Sky Car Hood Automotive lighting
Cloud Sky Car Hood Automotive lighting
Cloud Automotive side-view mirror Sky Water Daytime
Cloud Sky Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting
Cloud Sky Car Vehicle Wheel
Car Tire Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle
Cloud Sky Car Hood Automotive lighting Cloud Automotive side-view mirror Sky Water Daytime Cloud Sky Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Cloud Sky Car Vehicle Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
271 Posts
Took a top down Flagler beach cruise. Biketoberfest starts on Thursday, we will be over run with Harley enthusiasts. There was one surprise before heading home. View attachment 602243 View attachment 602243 View attachment 602244 View attachment 602245 View attachment 602246 View attachment 602247 View attachment 602243 View attachment 602244 View attachment 602245 View attachment 602246 View attachment 602247
Found Him out at the Airport![ATTACHtype="full"]602254 Sleeve Gesture Font Electronic device Display device

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Not today but last Friday we dropped the top and took off for a cruise day. Liz has been ill WAY TOO LONG so she felt pretty good, off we go! Had a great day just cruising in the wind. Put Blur'd back in its spot before dark. Went to bed at almost midnight, an hour later my beautiful wife is in agony lower left back. Long story short we spent nearly all day Saturday in the E.R. They infused a massive dose of steroids followed by another massive dose 4 times the norm of antibiotics just to get her feeling better per her Ruhmetologist instructions. Please pray for her that these infusions she receives every Thursday actually help her get through this. Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
4,867 Posts
@Blur'd Vision Prayers lifted up for Liz and for you. It must be so very painful to see here in such agony... 😢

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
Premium Member 2004 Smokin' Asphalt
50,934 Posts
Not today but last Friday we dropped the top and took off for a cruise day. Liz has been ill WAY TOO LONG so she felt pretty good, off we go! Had a great day just cruising in the wind. Put Blur'd back in its spot before dark. Went to bed at almost midnight, an hour later my beautiful wife is in agony lower left back. Long story short we spent nearly all day Saturday in the E.R. They infused a massive dose of steroids followed by another massive dose 4 times the norm of antibiotics just to get her feeling better per her Ruhmetologist instructions. Please pray for her that these infusions she receives every Thursday actually help her get through this. Thanks all.
Prayers sent for Liz that the treatments work.

Reactions: richsadams

·
Premium Member
44,520 Posts
Thoughts & prayers being send for a full & speedy recovery.

11421 - 11440 of 11445 Posts