Chevy SSR Forum banner
11601 - 11620 of 11636 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
975 Posts
View attachment 605646
Well since I put the R away last month and it was a really nice day out here on Tuesday 60 and sunny, I took the Barn Find out out for a spin and used this photo stop spot to use as a Crhristmas Card scene to email to my Corvette Buds. SO, fellow fanatics, wishing you all the very best for a Healthy and Safe Holiday Season and all the Best for 2022. Please accept my 60 Tasco car in lieu of the Last Blur. It’s under the cover. 🥂🍻
:love:Beautiful!!! It constantly amazes me the interpretations different owners have of the same basic Corvette. There is a fellow here in the Atlanta area who has I believe a '60 model, however when one walks up closer it looks just like your car color and all till you notice the alloy wheels(17"), modern fat radials and 4 wheel disc brakes which are the only external give aways. Look through the window and you find a digital dash setup with an immaculately redone stock looking interior. Turns out the car sits on an Art Morrison chassis, engine is a 383 cu/in small block with two four barrels? No, they are throttle bodies for a port injected intake setup retaining an original looking air filter. On back is a Tremec 5 speed then on to a four link attached solid rear axle. Every car show I have seen it at it wins something including People's Choice and best Modified C1 at the Day Chevy Super Vette Saturday in 2020. Not that overwhelming in 2021, since I arrived right at the end of trophy presentation, I am not sure what it won but the owner was up there for the awards pics!
In other Vette news, more than 120 C8s damaged by tornados in Kentucky! 🥺

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR ROTM WINNER SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC -aka- Ole Blue
1,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
5,173 Posts
It's hard to believe here in Northern Ohio that I'm still driving Thunder nearly everyday! No snow, No salt and No chemicals sprayed on the road and it's almost Christmas! No complaints however, going to be a record year for milage that's for sure! Miles and miles of PermaGrins! 😁

·
SSR Believer
2,983 Posts
Finally replaced the last two incandescent lights on our R with LEDs today - backup lights. Kept putting it off because the original owner had a custom trailer hitch installed which covered over the access to the backup lights. I had to remove the rear license plate assembly to get to the lights themselves. It was a bit of a pain to reinstall the plate and add the backup camera a while back because they had added spacers to accommodate the hitch. Each time I removed or replaced the screws another spacer would fall out. So I ended up buying the correct sized spacers and used RTV silicone to permanently attach them. Still a bit of a juggling act to put it all back together, but it's finally done. Not a big deal, but done.

I didn't know about the LED light kits @Joshvette offered when I started a couple of years ago, so it was an adventure finding all of the right parts and pieces. Still not happy with my LED high beams, but that's for another day.

Can't believe the difference between the OEM and LED brightness!

Now I need to get Mike's shiny new exhaust tips that are sitting on my tool bench installed to finish things off back there. ;)

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Grille

·
Slingshot Rules!
83,859 Posts
Lookin' GOOD, Rich . . . correction: GREAT.

I purchased one of Joshvette's LED Kits just prior to COVID's arrival so they have been "resting" in my garage patiently waiting to be installed.

ONE OF THESE DAYS . . .

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
Premium Member
May 2017 ROTM 2005 Redline Red .
6,945 Posts
Nothing to exciting, headed out early to Costco, filled the little Red truck with premium fuel.
Grabbed a few last minute things and then headed home.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,683 Posts
Lookin' GOOD, Rich . . . correction: GREAT.

I purchased one of Joshvette's LED Kits just prior to COVID's arrival so they have been "resting" in my garage patiently waiting to be installed.

ONE OF THESE DAYS . . .

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !
Now is the time to be doing the swap, while you are self-isolating to avoid the Covid! 🤣

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
5,173 Posts
Could not agree more, Dwight . . .

I just do not have the self-confidence to attempt something so significant.

! :mad: ! (n) ! :mad: ! (n) ! :mad: !
I was hesitant to do it myself when he first put that kit together but the directions are clear and it was quite easy! I was kind of proud of myself! You will be too! JUST DO IT!!! ;)

·
Slingshot Rules!
83,859 Posts
I was hesitant to do it myself when he first put that kit together but the directions are clear and it was quite easy! I was kind of proud of myself! You will be too! JUST DO IT!!! ;)

I hear ya, Larry . . .

Shortly after the kit arrived, the COVID BS hit. With all of the confusion, I decided to wait until things calmed down. Who would have imagined that almost two years later . . .

Time for me to "Git-R-Done" . . .

! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: !

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,683 Posts
Drove to Disneyland and back home. Good day Pin Trading. 🙂
(Tuesdays this year instead of Thursdays.)

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
5,532 Posts
Too cold here to get them out, besides our roads are white with salt. I had to drive the other R, the HHR and I ran it through the car wash as well. The news had a story last week that due to a worker shortage, our highway and street departments are under staffed. If we get a sizeable snow what used to take 24 hours to have all of the main roads cleared, could now take up to 4 days. What gets me, is those aren't minimum pay jobs and once you get on with either the state or the county, they usually are gravy jobs with good benefits. I just don't understand the craziness when it comes to no workers.

·
Registered
2005 red SSR
50 Posts
This idea is on another forum that I visit, and I think it is a great idea!

:yellow: :ssr :black: :purple: :silver: :blur: :blue:

It's early here, so I haven't done anything to mine yet, but a top to bottom cleaning is needed on my R. I hope to get to that today. ;)
Went on a cruise with my Pharoah club to Oatman Az last Sunday.
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle

11601 - 11620 of 11636 Posts