Chevy SSR Forum banner
11921 - 11940 of 11955 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,120 Posts
Took BlueStreak in to the dealer for the 300,000 mile check up and service. Still a few miles short (298,055) but coming home from Disneyland on Tuesday evening I got stuck in traffic and when it cleared up and I got back to speed the dash lit up with T/C shut down, SERVICE BRAKES IMMEDIATELY, and ABS light. I figure they will have it for a week or so but, as I have said before, I trust them to take care of my trucks.
Del needs to get a few miles anyway!

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
5,526 Posts
Looks terrific Larry! (y)

Who's the cute little photo bomber in the second photo? 🐾🐾
That's Cilantro,
one of our mini labradoodles! She loves going for a ride!

Drove to Maggie Valley with @Firetruck , @MicDonna and @cincyssr . Made a stop at Buc-ees! My first time at one! Pretty amazing! 127 gas pumps and a huge store!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Market Customer Shopping City Retail
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire
Smile Watch Sculpture Gesture Art
Sculpture Statue Art Smile Snout

·
Registered
2004 acquired used in 2016 at 65k miles. 2021 added SS headers, ported heads, LS9 Cam, SE GM rad
259 Posts
I added the corvette servo tonight....dang thats tight up in there. You have to drop the crossmember to let the tranny hang to get the pieces out and in. Its frustrating and time consuming, but I hope tomorrow its worth it. In the morning I'm adding the SE radiator support, new spoiler and HD radiator, and hoping for cooler temps!

·
Registered
2004 acquired used in 2016 at 65k miles. 2021 added SS headers, ported heads, LS9 Cam, SE GM rad
259 Posts
Today I got started on the SE radiator support, new spoiler and HD radiator. Didn't get done. It was a struggle to get the old rad out. Then cut the hangar on the AC condenser as SE instructions advise. I thot this was gonna be a snap.... not so much. I spent too much time running for parts and tools to get started. Glad I got a small dremel style tool at harbor freight. Finish tomorrow .
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Car
Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Automotive tire Nut

Automotive tire Wood Font Rectangle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
259 Posts
Also...Hoping to get it tuned this week before the tech gathering. I added a cam, cleaned up the heads , and added SS headers last year.... so desperately needs it.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,120 Posts
Did the parts not contain a list of necessary tools? It has been a while since I have installed any SE parts but I thought they all came with such a list. Might be wrong though.

Reactions: TJ moneybags

·
Premium Member
9,012 Posts
Just got home from our weekend trip to Maggie Valley, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and the Smokies. 735 round trip. Picked up a new tailgate in Cherokee (thanks @Firetruck for finding it)Our trip was finalized with breakfast with our traveling R family. Got home and before I took the suitcase out of the TOY, just had to unwrap my new RED ♥♥ silicone hoses. To all my friends I talked to a Maggie Valley was nice seeing and chatting with you. Hope you had a safe trip home. Thanks @ssroe for another great rally even though we were only there a short time.
Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior
Automotive design Picture frame Display case Art Shelving
Jeans Sky Shorts Plant Asphalt
Light Black Red Font Material property

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
5,526 Posts
Actually it was yesterday morning, sunny & hot. Wifey & I got 3 hrs of topless cruisin' in the country through the rolling hills. You just can't beat a good permagrin EH! 👍
What happened to your Maggie plans? Missed you both! 😉

Reactions: Krazy Ed

·
Premium Member
48,246 Posts
What happened to your Maggie plans? Missed you both! 😉
Just wasn't in the cards, so was easy to talk wifey into a cruise, just said this is our Maggie Valley cruise & pretty well all we chatted about was the MV Rally. We also missed it a lot, more so the people and yes your name came up. :) 👍

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just got home from our weekend trip to Maggie Valley, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and the Smokies. 735 round trip. Picked up a new tailgate in Cherokee (thanks @Firetruck for finding it)Our trip was finalized with breakfast with our traveling R family. Got home and before I took the suitcase out of the TOY, just had to unwrap my new RED ♥♥ silicone hoses. To all my friends I talked to a Maggie Valley was nice seeing and chatting with you. Hope you had a safe trip home. Thanks @ssroe for another great rally even though we were only there a short time. View attachment 613144
Jealous of those HOSES!

·
SSR Believer
3,317 Posts
Finally got Mike's exhaust tips installed today. Shop cut off the Bosal tips that the original owner put on and tucked the new ones in just right. The old tips were nice, but showing their age and I never liked the moisture they'd collect in the bottom edge.

These are beeeeautiful and although the wife said that she couldn't really tell, I am certain that they make the rumble even better! (y) (y)

Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

11921 - 11940 of 11955 Posts