One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,229 Posts
Hope you left the top UP while hiking! 😁

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
5,601 Posts
what did I do with my SSR today? NOTHING! Thunder sits alone covered up in the garage until we return from our summer vacation in August. 😢
I'll go ahead and say it! SSR Abuse! 😱

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
1,192 Posts
Replaced my broken sway bar link kits. Did both sides. Now to find those red grease fitting covers I bought when I put the rear suspension parts on. Did I file them under C for covers, G for grease fittings or Misc as in I'll never need these. Hmmmm View attachment 614696
I can not imagine these will need lubing often. You can get 1/16NPT pipe plugs, maybe even in allen hex, and plug the holes off , keep one grease fitting to use when you feel the necessity to grease the ball joints. Would look neater, less cluttered.

·
Premium Member
5,654 Posts
We got it out of the garage. It had set outside in a couple of rainstorms and although it got a soft water rinse it also was grey with dust. We cleaned it all up and then put it back in the garage and put a cover on it. Probably going to be driven to church on Sundays for a while. Pretty hard with that mileage and $5+ dollar gas.

·
Premium Member
9,259 Posts
I can not imagine these will need lubing often. You can get 1/16NPT pipe plugs, maybe even in allen hex, and plug the holes off , keep one grease fitting to use when you feel the necessity to grease the ball joints. Would look neater, less cluttered.
Thanks, just might do that. But that don't solve my problem. Where did I put those damn red caps 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
4,194 Posts
View attachment 614976
Got a delivery today! 4.30 gears! Also bearing set! Install next week! Countdown to launch initiated!
Installing yourself? If not, do you mind my asking labor cost? I have a set of 4:10 to drop in with an $800 labor quote. Seems a bit high I think so just looking for a comparison. Thanks

·
Registered
OBNOXIOUS Red 2004
439 Posts
Installing yourself? If not, do you mind my asking labor cost? I have a set of 4:10 to drop in with an $800 labor quote. Seems a bit high I think so just looking for a comparison. Thanks
I found a guy that only does differential work in Tulsa and the labor is $375. He didn't want to chase parts, said get your gears, and buy bearing kit, then call him. I do not believe that is normal necessarily. I'm sure most other shops would be more. But I believe there would be people in every town that specialize in Axle work. And i want someone doing it that does it all day long. So my motive gears were $275 shipped to my door, the motive bearing and rebuild kit was $127. so will have around $777 in the swap total. He said the bearings are not always necessary, but since I have 90k miles, they probably should be. Easy decision for me

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 Silver SSR with Strips. Owned 16yrs. Start 9K, now 159K miles
14,377 Posts
I removed that ground, wasn't needed. Maybe I should hook it back up, good suggestion. It would be better ground.

Thanks Nick!

Dicktator
Put new ground from black wire to tailgate, didn't help center brake light. Going into rear fuse box now.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
4,233 Posts
Put new ground from black wire to tailgate, didn't help center brake light. Going into rear fuse box now.

Dicktator
I am not surprised the ground didn't change anything with the voltage being low on insulated (positive) side of the light assembly.

Did you ever measure voltage at the fuse labeled CHMSL (Center High Mount Stop Light) as i previously suggested?

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Finally finished prepping our SSR for the Peach City Beach Cruise in Penticton B.C.

'Black Magic' went from being our year round driver (yes, SSR abuse) to being Cinderella. Did take a 'few' hours for the makeover though :rolleyes:

Now, a 11 hour road trip next week, including a 2 hour ferry ride to the mainland, to get to Penticton. She might not look quite as pretty when we get there.

See everyone on the beach 🌞

Attachments

12041 - 12060 of 12101 Posts