Chevy SSR Forum banner
12701 - 12720 of 12733 Posts

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
9,554 Posts
Hmmm....

★ ~ Messed around in the garage today---aired up all four tires and reinstalled my TPMS. Then the Shin-Etsu came out for the weatherstriping. Next the California Duster came out and did a terrific job after treating the finish to an application of Meguiar's Quick Detailer. Ahhhhhhh. Love that Smokin' Asphalt shine!! - :love: :love: :love:

Attachments

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,607 Posts
You are correct. I had already given the "Oh No" Emoji as a direct reply to Firetruck due to his rim damage. Accidentally hit the submit button and thus felt need to follow up with actual verbiage. Thought it would be placed right after his submittal and thus self explanatory on intended recipient. Not so on this busy busy forum and especially, the "What did you do" sessions.
Fixed it

·
BAD BOW TIE
12,111 Posts
Reactions: DOOPHUS and TXNSSR

·
Premium Member
9,891 Posts
Hmmm....

★ ~ Messed around in the garage today---aired up all four tires and reinstalled my TPMS. Then the Shin-Etsu came out for the weatherstriping. Next the California Duster came out and did a terrific job after treating the finish to an application of Meguiar's Quick Detailer. Ahhhhhhh. Love that Smokin' Asphalt shine!! - :love: :love: :love:
I need to know. Did you change all the air to winter air. Your California duster, when not in use how do you store it and do you replace it after so many uses. Happy 🦃🦃🦃🦃 day my friend.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 S/C Pac Blue 6spd
1,771 Posts
Love your Cadillac. The color is my favorite.
Thank you.
WOW, Robert . . . One "Mega-Sharp" Cadillac (XLR?) !

! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: !
Thank you. Its an XLR-V (aka the factory supercharged version). It’s @Parnelli s ride. Supercharged with DOHC, variable valve timing and MagnaRide shocks its seriously fast and smooth. But it also handles and stops, when you put it in “performance mode” as it has the Z51 suspension and brakes from its sibling ‘Vette. Its a bit rowdy with the Magnaflow exhaust. I think it is too loud, its louder than the SSRs, but Kim loves it. We found it on the way home from No Frills SD last year. I smile every time I hear her give it the spurs, which happens very regularly.

@TXNSSR Love the Red, Silver and Blue patriotic color scheme with those 3 sweet rides! 😎
Thank you. Unplanned color layout, but it worked out that way as the V is now in the garage for upgrades.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
9,554 Posts
I need to know. Did you change all the air to winter air. Your California duster, when not in use how do you store it and do you replace it after so many uses. Happy 🦃🦃🦃🦃 day my friend.
====================
Hmmm....

\\\ - Robert, Robert....don't be silly. Of course I filled my tires with new winter air. As everyone knows, winter air is much more dense than summer air!! - :p

My current Duster is about six years young. They seem to get better with age---kinda like me!! ((LOL)). I store it in its original plastic bag.

Of course these and other efforts pale in comparision when compared to SWT RYD and TOY!!! Have a great Thanksgiving, Robert -
:ROFLMAO: :love: (y) :cool:

David

Attachments

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
9,554 Posts
Reached a milestone today. Still running well and now that RDMs don't strike fear into our hearts and proper fit windshields are available, perhaps another 100,000 will do.

View attachment 624114
=======================
Hmmm....

♥☆♥ ~ Congratulations on reaching this 1K Milestone!!!....... (y) :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 S/C Silver and 2006 Pac Blue 6speed
44 Posts
Thank you.

Thank you. Its an XLR-V (aka the factory supercharged version). It’s @Parnelli s ride. Supercharged with DOHC, variable valve timing and MagnaRide shocks its seriously fast and smooth. But it also handles and stops, when you put it in “performance mode” as it has the Z51 suspension and brakes from its sibling ‘Vette. Its a bit rowdy with the Magnaflow exhaust. I think it is too loud, its louder than the SSRs, but Kim loves it. We found it on the way home from No Frills SD last year. I smile every time I hear her give it the spurs, which happens very regularly.

Thank you. Unplanned color layout, but it worked out that way as the V is now in the garage for upgrades.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
“Too loud”? There’s no such thing 🤣

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 S/C Pac Blue 6spd
1,771 Posts
Washed the SSRs and blew them dry.
Flushed and bled the brakes in the XLR V and cleaned the engine bay. Then I “got” to take it for a test spin to test out the new microphone I installed and dropped the used oil off. Holy cow that thing rocks. The new ceramic coated and blanketed, stiffening plate seemed to work well and keeps the interior cooler. (Full disclosure: Parnelli always says I should take her ride, but I almost always decline).
Then I changed the oil in Elsie and started working on a new project for both the SSRs.
Productive day.

12701 - 12720 of 12733 Posts