Chevy SSR Forum banner
12821 - 12840 of 12886 Posts

· Premium Member
10,034 Posts
Last day at Gulf Shores, Alabama. Drove up to Magnolia Springs. Oak St is supposed to be the most scenic street in Alabama. Another Hard top convertible. 57 Ford at the Sunliner restaurant. There is a restaurant called Tacky Jack's where they give you pieces of tape and you stick it somewhere on the building. On February 2019 myself and 3 other owners were there and we stuck this on the door frame.
Plant Natural landscape Tree Branch Vegetation
Cloud Sky Plant Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Cloud
Tire Wheel Cloud Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Car
Handwriting Font Event Signage Advertising
Public space Retail Wood Publication Market
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Premium Member
2006 Silver automatic-vin #122786
626 Posts
I got under the dash and upgraded the Flasher --working through the LED upgrades--taillights work perfect including the sublemental LED strip lights (from Blue Streak) installed under the tailgate. Piece by piece-patience and endurance--Thanks to all the "old Timers" who have cut a clear path to make the upgrades and repair much easier for us new owners. In 6 months I have competed close to 40 upgrades and changes with just a few "stupid mistakes" on my part. But all is good now---
Steve

· Premium Member
2,589 Posts

· SSR Pit Crew
2004 Silver SSR with Strips. Owned 19yrs. Start 9K, now 166K miles
14,958 Posts
Had my Headllight done by Sam's Club. They did them for me about 6 years ago.

Do a very nice job and only $40.00 bucks here in Florida.

Removed Spear, two screws, they tape off hood and fenders, sand, clean, spray clear coat.

Dicktator

Attachments

· Premium Member
52,388 Posts
Well time to stir the fluids in the boys, weather gonna get nasty for a few days now. So I took my new scanner out with me, the Bomb has a check engine lite. Well it told me it's the gas cap. A year ago had the same thing last year & bought a new cap from GM, it would only have at most 2K on it. I guess it could be bad but with my luck it's more involved. o_O o_O

· Premium Member
154 Posts
Well @Krazy Ed, hope you got that check engine light to go out, I have had that before, on other vehicles but not the SSR. Sometimes it's just a loose cap but it still takes several sequences of start-stop to clear the code.

We had a few clear and dry days here in NE Maryland so took the covers off the garage King and Queen and took both for a good fluid stirring a couple days ago. Had installed new rear shocks and cargo cover struts from Simple Engineering and needed to flex those as well. Went to local parts store and picked up two Monroe strut mounts to go with the front struts. Over past several days received 5 boxes dropped in the driveway, in garage now, my Quick Jack. Raining today and tomorrow so time to get out there and get that dude assembled, then tackle the front struts!

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

12821 - 12840 of 12886 Posts