Chevy SSR Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 8812 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,405 Posts
Drove it for the first time in 4 days. Had house guests and had to use the Envoy due to lack of seating in the :blue:. Sure is nice to have that topless feeling with power back. Now it gets a cover and Battery Tender for a couple weeks while I head East for Thanksgiving.

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
Started the makeover this week.

Removed the front nerf bars, duct taped the air dam in place, marked and drilled it to allow the nerf bars to go through. Lower front grille, air dam and rear fender protectors going in for a repaint. Need to clean up a couple of down low curb scrapes on the front end and some gravel rash on the rear fender shields.

I knew there was a good reason why I had a machinist friend cut Bernie's nerf bars, machine some inserts, and drill them before installation so I could remove them if I wanted to. Started taking off bits and pieces, a few more to go before the billet valve covers can go on. Not looking forward to dissecting the electrical harnesses, but need to clean up that rats nest.

Front plate holder isn't going back on. I'll settle for the odd fine for not having a front plate.;)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
24,533 Posts
Jeep should be ready tomorrow. Its be a thrill having the truck as my daily driver, again! Tank is topped off... ready to be tucked away to be that wonderful weekend warrior!!

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Went on a Dam fine 170 mile round trip cruise with 17 other Dam nice SSR, for a Dam fine lunch. At the Havasu Springs Resort, by a Dam site. Thanks Yellow Bear for bring this up again this year.

:ssr MCVETT2

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
Went on a Dam fine 170 mile round trip cruise with 17 other Dam nice SSR, for a Dam fine lunch. At the Havasu Springs Resort, by a Dam site. Thanks Yellow Bear for bring this up again this year.

:ssr MCVETT2
Sounds like a dam good day.:tongue

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
:banana It was :thumbs

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,914 Posts
I took my R down to Home Depot for a load of Tile.

It is a "Truck", you know.

Howard aka Bad Black SSR uses his "Truck" to haul a trailer and mulch in his lawn business.

Mine handled the load very, very well. Only had to drive 10 miles each way.

15 boxes @ 67lbs per box = 1005lbs - Which is what the R is rated for, "One Thousand Pound Pay Load."

I do have Mike's Heavy Duty Shocks, rear is lowered by 2" when empty and I just put 4 NEW OEM tires on.

Dicktator

1. Little "squat" in the back.
2. 15 boxes
3. Looks kinda "LOW".
4. Stripped Office, remove carpet, paint walls, baseboard etc.
5. Removing tack strips. Need to get this done before next year when I turn 80, I want to retire!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Put an "SSRFanatic.com" decal from MikeAZ on back window.:) Trying to decide if I want to instal the GTO wing on the :blur::puzzled:

·
Premium Member
3,180 Posts
took the SSr to pick up a couple of 2004 SSR Masito 1:18 modles
1 yellow
1 purple for $25 each. I thought was a good deal

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
Started working on cleaning up this wiring rat's nest.:banghead

Attachments

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,405 Posts
Jody (sailing) and I took her :blue: to visit her mother in NH today. It was almost warm enough to put the top down. Beautiful day for a drive in the North East. Hoping it stays this way for Thanksgiving.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,405 Posts
Sounds like you are enjoying it up there!!
Working hard tpo get projects completed before it gets too cold to work in the garage. Having fun making things better for Jody while Jody has to work. Temps here still getting into the mid 50s so not too bad. Highs here = lows at home.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
walked past my R to get the new Indian Chieftian out of the garage. OH:> R lives outside. Seems it might end up being a good thing. I just viewed the pix of Cash's mouse mess. I assume, HE, being in Canada keeps Kate in a garage? I thought this was only a Florida problem.........Birdmans

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
walked past my R to get the new Indian Chieftian out of the garage. OH:> R lives outside. Seems it might end up being a good thing. I just viewed the pix of Cash's mouse mess. I assume, HE, being in Canada keeps Kate in a garage? I thought this was only a Florida problem.........Birdmans
When did Dale post this? I hadn't seen anything about a rodent problem.

We had a long battle with a couple of pack rats that decided to make a home under our Caddy's hood. :banghead I think we're in the clear on that one now.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Dale:> please help me out here. I can't find [that] post?????? CRS DISEASE???? I know somewhere I had seen a pix of your engine compartment with the wires torn apart??? Please tell me that I am not loosing it. I can't seem to find it again. I APOLOGIZE IF I AM WRONG AND MIS QUOITED SOMETHING FROM SOMEONE ELSE........

REGRETS, BIRDMANS

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
Dale:> please help me out here. I can't find [that] post?????? CRS DISEASE???? I know somewhere I had seen a pix of your engine compartment with the wires torn apart??? Please tell me that I am not loosing it. I can't seem to find it again. I APOLOGIZE IF I AM WRONG AND MIS QUOITED SOMETHING FROM SOMEONE ELSE........

REGRETS, BIRDMANS
Might have misunderstood post # 1293 a few above this. I had posted a photo of the wiring under the hood of my SSR as I work my way through the teardown to get ready for some shiny upgrades.

The rat's nest I referred to was the pride of workmanship in the way GM assembles harnesses. Bunch all the wires together in a jumbled up mess, and hide it with looming and electrical tape. No animals were injured in this process, so far.:whistling::whistling:

It's a bit like sorting through 30 or so of my wife's necklaces trying to untangle them, except in this case, wires going to various connectors are intertwined with others, requiring either disassembly of the connectors, (which does not appeal a whole bunch to me) or cutting, soldering and heatshrinking as I go through the pile.

1281 - 1300 of 8812 Posts