Chevy SSR Forum banner
13,101 - 13,120 of 14,791 Posts
I completed a visit to @TXNSSR to retrieve my SSR after Robert's expert installation of a Magnuson Supercharger kit.
Congratulations John! All I can say is "I'm Blue with Envy!" 💙 :love:

I completed a visit to @TXNSSR to retrieve my SSR after Robert's expert installation of a Magnuson Supercharger kit. Robert provided a great deal of helpful suggestions and advice during his installation and the visit, and we had a chance to take a drive in both of our trucks on Sunday. Robert's "Babe" is even more impressive in person than the pics of that ROTY truck on the Forum, and that SSR really performs!

The 1,300+ mile drive home from TX to PA was a blast with the additional power. I'm really looking forward to the run to Flagstaff and Branson.

Many thanks to @TXNSSR for all of his help, and to @Mike in AZ for his efforts in making an SSR-specific Magnuson Kit available to Fanatics. The process was as enjoyable as the outcome.
Are you reading this @Warrior=='06.... I can tell you who it is now.

@Mr Met very very nice truck, even more so now... I had a front row seat for some of the install... Helped Robert put the gas tank back in it so I got to lay down and look at it, The bottom of that thing is spotless... Congratulations.

Hmmm....

### - @Mr Met - John you are a lucky man with a beautiful Roadster. Safe driving to you!! - :love:

And as for you @Curbsssr - Larry, for not telling me while you and Robert were busy working on John's Pac Blue, well...uh, well....uh. I'm going to march right out to the garage and polish up my spoiler!!!! - :unsure:o_O:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

David

I drive mine nearly every day in Oklahoma. Even in snow. Today however, I listened to a lifter that didn't pump up clacking on the cam.....I hate it. It's my own fault for using original lifters on a cam swap....it comes and goes as it warms up. I just hope it doesn't let go.....cringe....

Hmmm....

### - @Mr Met - John you are a lucky man with a beautiful Roadster. Safe driving to you!! - :love:

And as for you @Curbsssr - Larry, for not telling me while you and Robert were busy working on John's Pac Blue, well...uh, well....uh. I'm going to march right out to the garage and polish up my spoiler!!!! - :unsure:o_O:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

David
@Curbsssr was sworn to secrecy as it wasn’t our story to share. I told him, You’ve got to come see this truck, its an amazing example. I posted the picture after a few hours of disassembling and detangling the wire harness, as Kim and I thought it was a really cool and unique picture. It took me 4 more days to rework the harness.

@Mr Met has a beautiful Pac Blue 6spd that is now even more unique, and a lot more fun to drive. Watching him experience boost the first few times in his R was really special. Its a great memory for me.

Since this is the “What have you done with your SSR today?” thread - I went out an ran my hand down Elsie’s front fender. Her hood is up, there’s a few parts removed and she’s waiting on me.

P.S. I bet you’ll see another gorgeous Pac Blue pretty soon (not mine) :oops:.. and it has spoilers. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

P.S. I bet you’ll see another gorgeous Pac Blue pretty soon (not mine) :oops:.. and it has spoilers. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
Sadly it is not going to be Thunder! 💙 But I do have raffle tickets for the Super Charger! ;)

Installed @BlueStreak (Dwight's) lite kit. Noticed that my left tire was almost wore out. Ordered some Continental's 315-35x20's. Replacing my Nitro Motivo's. The best part is I can now park in @OLDFATGUY's garage. I had Continentals on the front and Nitros on the rear and he said I couldn't park in his garage with mismatched tires.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Installed @BlueStreak (Dwight's) lite kit. Noticed that my left tire was almost wore out. Ordered some Continental's 315-35x20's. Replacing my Nitro Motivo's. The best part is I can now park in @OLDFATGUY's garage. I had Continentals on the front and Nitros on the rear and he said I couldn't park in his garage with mismatched tires.🤣🤣🤣🤣
HAHA, Your so funny!!! but I am very happy that you now have matching tires.

Went to give O*YLR his second bath of the week after this morning's rain run to the Monument Inn.

Turns out I wasn't driving O*YLR at all. It was really our F150 covered in Oak Pollen...... No wonder the ride was so quiet and comfortable this morning :LOL::ROFLMAO::p
Our gatherings are “planned ” so we are sure to wash our Rs. I whine at him each time it happens:rolleyes::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Off and on I spent the day finishing up the rework of Elsie’s engine harness. Then while I was making one last change before looming, a song came on that happened to match what I was staring at, so I snagged a pic in the moment.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold Auto part Automotive super charger part

”…there was long ones, tall ones, short ones, brown ones. Black ones, round ones…”

The Live Photo captured that verse.🤠

13,101 - 13,120 of 14,791 Posts