Chevy SSR Forum banner
13121 - 13136 of 13136 Posts

· SSR Believer
4,330 Posts
Off and on I spent the day finishing up the rework of Elsie’s engine harness. Then while I was making one last change before looming, a song came on that happened to match what I was staring at, so I snagged a pic in the moment.

View attachment 630482
”…there was long ones, tall ones, short ones, brown ones. Black ones, round ones…”

The Live Photo captured that verse.🤠
But... did you spill the wine Robert? 🍷 'Cause, you know, that would really be alcohol abuse! :p

· Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 S/C Pac Blue 6spd
2,014 Posts
But... did you spill the wine Robert? 🍷 'Cause, you know, that would really be alcohol abuse! :p
There are no consumable alcohols in the garage, only isopropyl and ethyl. Maybe one day when I grow up, I’ll put a fridge in.

· Supporting SSR Hobbyist
11,391 Posts
I completed a visit to @TXNSSR to retrieve my SSR after Robert's expert installation of a Magnuson Supercharger kit. ...............
.............. Many thanks to @TXNSSR for all of his help, and to @Mike in AZ for his efforts in making an SSR-specific Magnuson Kit available to Fanatics. The process was as enjoyable as the outcome.
@Mr Met and @TXNSSR

You're quite welcome. Thanks for your flexibility and commitment.

I count myself fortunate to have Robert do this first installation of the new kit. He was able to identify a number of small changes I have to make in the kit for the coming deliveries. Yes, there were a couple "oh crap" moments when things didn't quite fit right, but we recovered very well and I have been implementing those changes. The revised parts list items are on their way in and I plan on sending out the balance of the kits that people have on order by the end of next week.
The collective "we" did good.

Mike

· Premium Member
10,278 Posts
Off and on I spent the day finishing up the rework of Elsie’s engine harness. Then while I was making one last change before looming, a song came on that happened to match what I was staring at, so I snagged a pic in the moment.

View attachment 630482
”…there was long ones, tall ones, short ones, brown ones. Black ones, round ones…”

Cool. Is that sensor in the upper hose needed for the Supercharger? Is it prefab or do you cut existing hose and install sensor. If it has to be a prefab our one of a kind/rare colored silicone hose would not work.?🤔🤔🤔

· Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Cool. Is that sensor in the upper hose needed for the Supercharger? Is it prefab or do you cut existing hose and install sensor. If it has to be a prefab our one of a kind/rare colored silicone hose would not work.?🤔🤔🤔
The connector in the picture is the Throttle Position Sensor connector. It is definitely needed, all the connectors and sensors are needed. When the computer doesn’t see any one of them, it will start throwing codes.

I’m thinking you are referring to the MAF sensor, normally in front of the bellows. Mine is still in use with a silicone elbow I modified to work. The MAF and hose are sitting on the table out of frame for convenience while I’m modifying the harness.

· Premium Member
06 S/C Pac Blue & 05 Flame 6 Speed
1,359 Posts
The connector in the picture is the Throttle Position Sensor connector. It is definitely needed, all the connectors and sensors are needed. When the computer doesn’t see any one of them, it will start throwing codes.

I’m thinking you are referring to the MAF sensor, normally in front of the bellows. Mine is still in use with a silicone elbow I modified to work. The MAF and hose are sitting on the table out of frame for convenience while I’m modifying the harness.
He's talking about your upper radiator hose addition.

· Premium Member
2,014 Posts
He's talking about your upper radiator hose addition.
Forehead Nose Cheek Glasses Lip

It is a component in a product I make to control the fan. It is not required, but very cool on stock and supercharged Rs. The hose itself is my prototype for high flow water pumps we’ve been running. The silicone hoses, aren’t that uncommon any more.

· Premium Member
10,278 Posts
View attachment 630500

It is a component in a product I make to control the fan. It is not required, but very cool on stock and supercharged Rs. The hose itself is my prototype for high flow water pumps we’ve been running. The silicone hoses, aren’t that uncommon any more.
👍 I should of said rare RED for SSR's.

· Premium Member
7,254 Posts

View attachment 630482

Ahh haa--- I like the rubber hose? on the Alligator clip teeth !! 🧐🤓

Nick

· Premium Member
04 SSR
4,756 Posts
Grabbed some spare parts, LEDs and my soldering iron and went to work. I also did headlight switch, but forgot picture.
I will switch the covers out on the steering wheel switches when install onto my painted steering wheel. Instrument cluster and radio still need done. Too cold to take dash apart this weekend.
Back to school tomorrow, so next weekend to disassemble dash.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Helmet Motor vehicle Bumper
Light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive tire Automotive design Alloy wheel Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

· The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
4,777 Posts
Reapplied new Velcro to the driver's side A pillar cover. It's been moving in the wind and was afraid to lose it. Easy peasy and stuck like Chuck now! Note to self.... When removing top push pin in A pillar, plug the drain hole so when you drop it, it doesn't go down the drain tube!

· SSR Believer
4,330 Posts
Grabbed some spare parts, LEDs and my soldering iron and went to work. I also did headlight switch, but forgot picture.
I will switch the covers out on the steering wheel switches when install onto my painted steering wheel. Instrument cluster and radio still need done. Too cold to take dash apart this weekend.
Back to school tomorrow, so next weekend to disassemble dash.
View attachment 630555 View attachment 630556 View attachment 630557
Beeeee-yew-tee-ful Mark! Well done. (y)

· SSR Pit Crew
2004 Silver SSR with Strips. Owned 19yrs. Start 9K, now 166K miles
15,129 Posts
Reapplied new Velcro to the driver's side A pillar cover. It's been moving in the wind and was afraid to lose it. Easy peasy and stuck like Chuck now! Note to self.... When removing top push pin in A pillar, plug the drain hole so when you drop it, it doesn't go down the drain tube!
I urge everyone to check windshield trim BEFORE it blows off!!

Yes, but push pin will go all the way down. May have to push with wire.

On my How to Library: SSR - OneDrive (live.com)

Look up: WINDSHIELD TRIM REPAIR 82019.pdf - Microsoft Word Online (live.com)

Dicktator

Pictures of what OEM holds trim on. NOT MUCH!!

Attachments

· Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
1,642 Posts
Spring arrived in Central PA today! With temps suddenly in the low 60s, Judy and I enjoyed our first 2023 top-down ride! We cruised for several hours in the rural roads of PA, refreshed by the feel of the sun and the wind. We rode up Wagner's Gap, pulled over to moo at some cows in farm country, and stopped for a snack on the way back. So grateful for a peaceful and relaxing day with the top down!

Sky Cloud Daytime Nature Azure

Working animal Fence Dairy cow Terrestrial animal Landscape

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

· Premium Member
186 Posts
Hey Mr Met, nice pics! Notice you had top down but windows up, haha, so did I. First full day of Spring here in Forest Hill too, 62 degrees at 3pm so took the R for a ride to warm the fluids. June was at work so I was flying solo. Made a stop at the ice cream shop, darn they were closed. Came home took some pics of the boys in the driveway.
Loading stuff in Colorado to take to Westminster, MD tomorrow for indoor swap meet 24th and 25th.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle
Motor vehicle Natural landscape Sky Road surface Tree

13121 - 13136 of 13136 Posts