Chevy SSR Forum banner

What Did You Do With Your SSR Today?

1M views 15K replies 567 participants last post by  Stlhotrod 
#1 ·
This idea is on another forum that I visit, and I think it is a great idea!

:yellow: :ssr :black: :purple: :silver: :blur: :blue:

It's early here, so I haven't done anything to mine yet, but a top to bottom cleaning is needed on my R. I hope to get to that today. ;)

#8,376 ·
I drive mine everyday and today it spent all day in the rain while I was at work. Even drove it 6 mile out in the country to pick up a lady who had left her Equinox at Bud's Tire to get some front end work done. Thrilled the hell out of the "old" lady to ride in Banana Split II. She had no idea what an SSR is or was. tennesseecozydog.

#9 ·
Love the thread idea, and funny enough for a Thursday, but I actually do have a lot to accomplish on the R today.

I plan on completing the brake controller wiring, but I also have to get her registration and inspection completed today. If all is done timely, then a little careful detailing is also in the plans.

Reactions: 🇺🇸Prince71
#11 ·
I guess I was not paying enough attention two weeks ago at a small car show I attended here in Orlando. I was letting the employees at the car show site sit in it for pictures. After I returned home I noticed several scuff marks in the paint. I buffed and polished out the marks Tuesday and this morning I am giving it a wash before I go to work.

#20 ·
Been driving 'Little Wing' to work every day this week - temps in the afternoon have been mid 70's with a slight breeze from the West! Most of the Summer here - it's too dang hot to put the top down and I feel quilty leaving the SSR in the sun all day.

Got the Oil Changed and Passed Smog on Tuesday - may drive back out to the dealership in Reedley after work (an excuse to take the Kings River route home :) ) - considering trading in my GMC 1500 Sierra for a Cruze - really need to start thinking about retirement and saving some gas $$$... :)

Attachments

#25 ·
JIMINY 1:yellow: IS ENJOYING INDOOR PARKING---RAINY IN NJ TODAY-
COVERED FOB WITH "MIKEs" YELLOW COVER...NICE ADDITION:rolleyes:SECURED RADIATOR HOSES IN TRUCK FOR
EMERGENCY USE....:eek:eek:eek..I HOPE NOT!!!!

#41 ·
Welcome to the family, GASilverBullet. :seeya
I bought mine in NJ and they gave me a temp to get it home. The temp was a piece of paper scotch taped to the inside of the back window, but that window's so dark you couldn't see it until you were right on top of the truck. I had a bunch of cops chase me until they were right behind me, then peel off. Couldn't wait to get my tags.

#29 ·
Took the "R" to middle school today. I sub once in a while, and the kids love it when it shows up in the parking lot.
Had a small crowd attending the top lowering ceremony, entertained by Bose music supplied by Booker T and the MG's {Green Onions}
Junior high drool is easier to remove than most bugs.
Mike