Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK we've all read and provided our two cents on the best way to care for the paint and clean the running boards, how about dressing up the tires?
I've tried a couple of products that make the tires look good and black without the greasy look, but the look doesn't last more then a day or two.
What's working for you, and let the "dressing up the tires" comments fly!
Thanks. :lol

·
Registered
197 Posts
what i've been doing for awhile is,wesley's bleach white,spray it on
let it sit ,brush it , rinse, let it dry sponge on black magic tire wet let sit ,wipe off any runs and let that sit for a day

·
Registered
165 Posts
Meguires new NXT interior detailer. I found this out by accident. Do not use it on the interior, it sucks, very greasy. I was going to return it to Pep boys when I saw that the bottle list tires for a possible use. Well, it is by far the best tire detailer I've ever used. It lasted on my SSR for over two weeks ( garaged ). I also did my FX-35's tires, which have quite a bit more sidewall and they also came out great. One warning, I wear rubber gloves while applying it because it is so greasy.

As a side note for the interior I just use a damp soapy mircofiber cloth.

·
Premium Member
9,355 Posts
Really happy with Meguiar's Endurance. It's a gel rather than a spray or liquid. They supply a contoured sponge with it. Easy to apply, and looks very black, but not shiny or slimy. It stays black for much longer periods than other products I've used, and does not turn brown.

Ray

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
I clothes pinned some cards to my rotor, so now when the wheels go round they make a real cool sound. Not sure how much more dressy I am going to get, but I am looking for those little tassles to put on the sides of my mirrors.

I can say that the little bell on the steering wheel doesn't work worth a damn.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Fancy up Focks

You're going to have to upgrade all those fancy mods when you get that new paint job!!! :lol How about some fuzzy dice and a 'neckin knob'?(anybody else know what that is) ?? :reddevil

·
Registered
67 Posts
Re-Tires

No-Touch... Spray it on, wipe the overspray off the rim and forget it. It doesnt attract dirt like some other products I've used. I use it on all my trucks, (74 tires) :cool

·
Registered
254 Posts
I admit it

I am not crazy about ARMORALL, but haven't found anything I like better. I'm always open to new products, so may try some you all have suggested. As an aside, use ENDUST for ELECTRONICS on the vinyl interior. It is an anti-static, cleaning and dusting spray for PCs, VCRs and TVs. It works great and leaves no residue. Try it, you'll like it! :yesnod

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Focks said:
I clothes pinned some cards to my rotor, so now when the wheels go round they make a real cool sound. Not sure how much more dressy I am going to get, but I am looking for those little tassles to put on the sides of my mirrors.

I was expecting this when I used the term "dressing up the tires"!
Great suggestions on the tires and interior.
Thanks to all.

W

·
0 Posts
What is it, Woohoo?

What's a neckin' knob?

wipurplechick
"If I must get wrinkles, please let them be laugh lines!"

·
Registered
220 Posts
Neckin Knob

Some who are older... knew it as a "brodie" knob. You could use one hand on it and make the steering wheel turn 360 degrees...while necking with your girl who ALWAYS sat next to you. Some things have changed! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Absolutely correct Mello Yello... I, of course, am too young to have first hand knowledge of such a thing, :reddevil but my Dad had one on his pickup when I was I child. :lol

·
Registered
893 Posts
Focks said:

Just great Focks........made my day.........Don't forget the Squirrle tail......or the Coon tail Since we don't have an antenna ....we'll have to hang them elsewhere.... :lol :lol :lol

·
Premium Member
31,444 Posts
Flassh said:
Really happy with Meguiar's Endurance. It's a gel rather than a spray or liquid.
Ray
I'll second the Endurance product. It does come in two varieties though - black bottle is "matte" finish, and clear bottle is "glossy" finish. The stuff is messy, so I think I'll be using gloves to apply it from now on. I've not had to do my SSR yet, but I've used this on my truck for a few years now - huge sidewalls, so I hate to keep cleaning them every week. Also, as DittzonSSR does, I always clean my tires with the Wesleys Bleche white as it gets all of the oxidation off. It's amazing. Just spray it on and you see the crap just start to flow off!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Joe Schuhriemen said:
Wha'do you mean WooHoo. I got black fuzzy dice on my Aqua Blur. People kinda like them.

Sarasota Joe
I like em too, but haven't been able to find any. If and when I find them, I'll have a pair hanging from my rearview mirror!! :thumbs

1 - 18 of 18 Posts