Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Member Scott Doran and his son Jamie, (two great Canadians!) stopped for an overnight stay at our humble abode on their way to an AMA Motorcycle Race in Birmingham, Alabama.

Scott made me promise to take a similar picture that I did with Jim Gnitecki's SSR. So here is a quick tour on the Dorans...........

Spring is Here!

My little fantasy!!

In his dreams!!

Scott and Jamie!

75 MPH on I-75 heading towards Atlanta!!

I slowed down so he could catch up! (Just kidding, Scott!) :lol :lol

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,663 Posts
Very Very Nice!

Buffy said:
Member Scott Doran and his son Jamie, (two great Canadians!) stopped for an overnight stay at our humble abode on their way to an AMA Motorcycle Race in Birmingham, Alabama.
HI John,

Yes the are two great guys... as you know I was able to meet them on their way down towards you. You might recall they stopped by the GM Powertrain Engine Plant in NY to see me and take a quick tour of the "largest" engine plant in the world! Although they only were able to see just 1 of the 3 plants here they got to enjoy a quick look at the engine assembly process. I was even able to find a couple of Romulus SSR pins for them that I got from the QN Rep at Romulus plant. That is where the 5.3 L engine was built at.

BTW: John you are blessed with such a beautiful place and life... it looks really spectacular and I am jealous now that you have had 3 SSRs in your driveway... I have only had two so far. :lol

Ps where you able to find some of that great famous Canadian beer for Scott and Jamie? ;)

·
Registered
371 Posts
B&B

Hey Buffy....I think you shoud hang a sign over your garage door...."Buffy's SSR B & B"...What a GREAT place you have there....it looks so peaceful and inviting!....You must be a wonderful host as you seem to attract the most beautiful SSR'S......especially the "Redline Red's"! Thanks for sharing your pics and good times you have with other SSR owners.

·
Registered
407 Posts
it is so cool to think that over time how many of us will get the chance to meet one another.

you are setting the bar!

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
Snow Bird Visit

Nice Photo's
I guess next time I go to NW Florida I will need to visit a while and give you a chance to see something other than RED....and you can see if you can catch me!
I really like Scott and Jamie's RED Calipers neet!

Jim :cool

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Marc NY - Thanks for the nice comments.

wildcat66 - Thanks for reminding me! (It's my wife's car!) :leaving

living2be - Hmmm, I like the B&B idea! Yes, it is peaceful here. 9,000 acres and only 900 homes!

ricardo - It's one of the great perks of being part of a GREAT forum

BIG JIM - Come see us! As a gracious host, I will let you win! :lol

·
Registered
180 Posts
Marc & Buffy thanks for the hospitality

Well, we made it back from our trip to Alabama. :ssr Our trip included visits to both moderators. First we troubled Marc NY at work; he gave us a Readers Digest version of a tour of the worlds largest engine plant. Oh my god where do all these engines go, no wonder the planet has a pollution problem.
With thanks to Marc it was a great start to a great trip.
Due to our visit in Niagara with Marc our choice to go west to Erie then south was a good one . The hills on I-79 past Pittsburg and on into West Virginia were no less than sectacular. Roof tucked away 70 mph, bliss :thumbs
The terrain in this part of the USA :flag is only surpassed by the friendly people.This is the first time that I have been called "sweet pea"; West Viginia will be fondly remembered for that. :) :)
On our second day we had wonderfull weather and made good time getting to Buffy's place; low and behold Buffy is a man. You know when you have a mental picture of someone then you meet them your always shocked, well let me tell you one thing he sure isn't pretty. Pat his wife on the other hand is a doll. I guess it all worked out. ( sorry Buffster ) :jester
As the pictures show the setting for the Chastain's ( Buffy & Pat) home is pristine. I build homes for the rich and wish to be famous in my area and this ranks very well in my book of semi suburban areas. Nothin' could be finer.
As for the Chastain's themselves, well how many people would invite 2 axe murderers into there home for some good old Georgian hospitality. :reddevil
Again I would like to remind other site members that this is the reason this site exists. If you not a supporting member "get it done" ( I picked this one up in Alabama)
Some interesting stats for the trip:
1. 19.5 MPG
2. 3,489 miles driven
3. 2 SSR's seen I saw the copper SSR in Detroit, he was southbound on I-75
The other was 50 miles from home I blew by him at 110 mph. He didn't want to play
4. USA is full of friendly people :flag
5. SSR is a great long distance ride. ( lack of cockpit space very apparent on long haul )
6. Barber Motor Sports Park in Alabama rocks. A must see if your in the state
7. 2 major stone chips

Again what a great trip, friends made, race great, wonderful people, good bonding time with my baby, the SSR and Jamie.
Thanks again, and if your in Ontario my door is open, leave you axe at home.
Scott & Jamie Doran #201 Redline Red. :ssr :ssr

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scott & Jamie, the pleasure was ours!

Hope we meet again, real soon!
:thumbs

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,663 Posts
Great Times for all

Buffy said:
Scott & Jamie, the pleasure was ours!

Hope we meet again, real soon!
:thumbs
I agree with John, it was a pleasure to have met the both of you. I hope to see you again soon. Perhaps in Michigan later this August for the world famous "Woodward Dream Cruise" and some other "special" Chevy events yet to be announced. :thumbs

·
Registered
180 Posts
Fun? Oh ya!!!

We had a great time.
We should all remember that the distance between us all is alot more fun to drive in a SSR.
The caliper paint I used was Duplicolor and the job was done on the truck. 4 coats
Scott :ssr

1 - 14 of 14 Posts