1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,374 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,395 Posts
I love my SSR, but I have to confess I have owned 3 Mustangs in my life.

I saw this story on This Morning on CBS today.

Everyone remembers seeing this movie and that race scene.

(Hope the link works)

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-return-of-steve-mcqueen-bullitt-mustang/
I just read a story about that mustang several weeks ago. It was on the internet. Evidently that car had an exact twin and it disappeared. Somehow they found it in Mexico. Pretty interesting story. Don't know anything else about it.

Here is the story:
http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/03...junkyard-is-from-bullitt-expert-confirms.html

Reactions: Littlewing

·
Spirited driver!
1,665 Posts
Watch the current episode of Jay Leno's Garage. They feature the original Mustang. It was bought by a guy in NJ for $6,000 and used a family car before it was parked for many years. The guy's son brought it out because Ford was doing the 2018 Bullitt. It is in it's original unrestored & rusted condition. Jay gets to drive it on the Ford track.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
Watch the current episode of Jay Leno's Garage. They feature the original Mustang. It was bought by a guy in NJ for $6,000 and used a family car before it was parked for many years. The guy's son brought it out because Ford was doing the 2018 Bullitt. It is in it's original unrestored & rusted condition. Jay gets to drive it on the Ford track.
I saw that episode, too... the out take info was interesting, also. Glad to hear the Son is going to bring it out and show it and not just hide it away. I connected with the movie as I had a '68 Coronet myself. Most Epic car chase even with the Ricers coming on the movie screen. Nothing Beats Detroit Muscle !!!

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,051 Posts
I just saw this story on the news tonight. The son and mother refused to sell the car to Steve McQueen because it had sentimental value and later on had it restored. The car is now on a nationwide tour.

Dave

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
But McQueen never made an offer, in both letters he said he'd like to buy it if the price wasn't too high. He knew the value and if he really wanted it he'd have made an offer at least.

·
Have SSR...will travel!!
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But McQueen never made an offer, in both letters he said he'd like to buy it if the price wasn't too high. He knew the value and if he really wanted it he'd have made an offer at least.
He probably thought being whom he was, that they would give it to him. Glad they kept it, since it is clearly so dear to them.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,051 Posts
The mother and son were pretty adamant that they would not sell the car. It was part of their family. They were really emotionally attached to that car.

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts