Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made this sticky so you can find it easily. I know I have mentioned it somewhere but I can't find it so here it is again
Click this shortcut and it will take you to Release Notes where All the different Release updates are posted and you can see what the resent changes are.
These are usually posted a few hours after the Maintenance period on Tuesday or on Wednesday morning.

I hope this helps cut down some of the questions, then again, I know it may increase them.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
3,737 Posts
I remember, I remember----you told me !!! Scroll down to the very bottom of the page, click on "Terms of use" click on "Release Notes". Etched in my Brain !!!!

Nick

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember, I remember----you told me !!! Scroll down to the very bottom of the page, click on "Terms of use" click on "Release Notes". Etched in my Brain !!!!

Nick
Or come here and click the link in post #1

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5 hours after the Maintenance session and note are still missing.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I made this sticky so you can find it easily. I know I have mentioned it somewhere but I can't find it so here it is again
Click this shortcut and it will take you to Release Notes where All the different Release updates are posted and you can see what the resent changes are.
These are usually posted a few hours after the Maintenance period on Tuesday or on Wednesday morning.

I hope this helps cut down some of the questions, then again, I know it may increase them.
Dwight,
I notice on the new release notes Premium Membership is again available for $19.95, however I would like a clarification. Where you insert the credit card info it states that the information is not retained (second party processor) yet the descriptor seems to indicate that your card will be automatically billed on the anniversary of your payment. Am I reading something incorrectly? Automatic charge would not be possible if someone didn't retain the info would it? I for one am not a fan of auto billing, if I am getting my money's worth I have no issue with paying forward one year.
Thanks,
Tuckerred

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dwight,
I notice on the new release notes Premium Membership is again available for $19.95, however I would like a clarification. Where you insert the credit card info it states that the information is not retained (second party processor) yet the descriptor seems to indicate that your card will be automatically billed on the anniversary of your payment. Am I reading something incorrectly? Automatic charge would not be possible if someone didn't retain the info would it? I for one am not a fan of auto billing, if I am getting my money's worth I have no issue with paying forward one year.
Thanks,
Tuckerred
I am directing this to @Administrator since I cannot see what you are talking about without submitting another subscription which I do not want to do. Hopefully someone will read this question and reply to clear it up for everyone.
I happen to agree with you regarding the automatic renewal in most cases.

·
SSR Believer
1,054 Posts
Dwight,
Thanks,
Tuckerred
I'm with you, not big on auto-renewals unless it's something I am confident I'll want a year from now.

Guess they're using a PayPal automatic renewal option so the forum owners won't have the CC info, but PayPal will. That's fairly common practice.

Looks like once (or if) you're a premium member you can cancel the renewal by following these steps:
  1. Click on your avatar in the upper-right corner
  2. Click on "Account Settings"
  3. Click on "Account Upgrades" in the left-hand menu
  4. Click on "Manage" to the right of "SSRfanatic.com Supporting Member"
  5. Click on the "How do I cancel my PayPal subscription?"
  6. Follow the directions once you log into your PayPal account.
SSRF Premium 1.jpg SSRF Premium 2.jpg SSRF Premium 3.jpg SSRF Premium 4.jpg

A bit of a pain but at least it's doable.

The downside is that it looks like folks won't be able to join if they don't have a PayPal account.

I'm glad it's an option for everyone again though. (y)

·
Registered
134 Posts
That is interesting if true, as I have no intention of acquiring a PayPal account! On the sign up screen it says accounts are processed by Braintree:oops:o_O:cry:. I think I will wait until the confusion surrounding this is cleared up. This IS the first day.
Tuckerred

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks Marc,
Yes I read the notes and even in your posting the instructions only refer to cancelling a PayPal retained account as richsadams noted above. As stated above I personally am going to wait a few days for any corrections or modifications to the process to be ironed out. I am sure someone will actually attempt to terminate the annual billing feature & let us know how easily it works.
Thanks,
Tuckerred

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,758 Posts
If I understand the new notes, I am already a lifetime premium member back 6 years ago, so I should be grandfathered in and no fees in the future and no annual $19.95 fee. Right?

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
40,159 Posts
If I understand the new notes, I am already a lifetime premium member back 6 years ago, so I should be grandfathered in and no fees in the future and no annual $19.95 fee. Right?
That's how I read it also !!!!!!! (y)

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are correct.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
3,737 Posts
Did you guys take the "Premium Member" off, under your name??? I see mine is still there.

Nick

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you guys take the "Premium Member" off, under your name??? I see mine is still there.

Nick
i wonder why you do not have the ring around the Avatar?
If you look at the Profile the Premium Member is there and you can change what appears under your Avatar in your profile.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
40,159 Posts

Nick
Yes, I did that years ago.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
40,159 Posts
i wonder why you do not have the ring around the Avatar?
If you look at the Profile the Premium Member is there and you can change what appears under your Avatar in your profile.
You are right he should have a circle with a star in it ?????

1 - 20 of 36 Posts