Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The heated seats in my Avalanche get too hot to bear, on high, after 15 minutes. On my SSR, after 15 minutes, they're just luke warm. Is this typical?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can't sit on mine for more than about 10 minutes when they are on low. I have never even tried them on high.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Mine is in Cold Storage

bass656 said:
I can't sit on mine for more than about 10 minutes when they are on low. I have never even tried them on high.
You know something... I don't believe I have ever tried mine out! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hot Heated Seats?

My '03 SSR has hot seats! I, too, can't stand the high setting. Low seems to be just right on the colder days, down to 35 degrees or so. Below that, my ears freeze! :lol

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Mine on low are just fine..It has not gotten below 25 here yet so i have no need in trying the high out...

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
How HOT is HOT?

Peaches said:
My '03 SSR has hot seats! I, too, can't stand the high setting. Low seems to be just right on the colder days, down to 35 degrees or so. Below that, my ears freeze! :lol
Now Peaches that is what I call a hot
seat for sure!
:lol
ricardo said:
the only hot seat i have ever experienced with the SSR was from the wife after buying it :lol
Hey ricardo does this look
look fimilar to you? Was that your wife's expression to your new toy?
:lol

·
Registered
180 Posts
Mine don't work at all

The control module for the heated seat on my 03 gave up the ghost.
The dealer has ordered the new part and as soon as the snow bank in front of my garage door melts I will get her fixed.
Scott Doran #201 :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
mine gets too hot to leave on high long

·
Registered
480 Posts
The heated seats on my 05 are just right on low and high. They feel good after a good workout or a tough tennis match. I guess the 05's have made improvements on many fronts.

Sarasota Joe

·
Registered
579 Posts
Too Hot for Me!

The seats on high are too hot for me after (5) minutes. I had the windows tinted and the guy turned seat heat on (I think by mistake) when he was trying to adjust the seats. He drove up (took about 5 minutes, and when I got in I thought I was going to die.

That seat was TOO HOT FOR ME!

E :eek :glol

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Took a couple of months to figure it out - but mine kept on coming on every time I got in the truck. Not a lot of fun in Houston in August. finally fixed.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I can only stand high for an hour or so and low is to cold so I tried sitting on a towel on high and it is just right. I keep two behind the drivers seat to cover the seats from the sun when the top is down. Yes they are purple.:cool :cool

·
0 Posts
Heated Seats

My passenger seat is on when ever a passenger buckles the seat belt and only when they buckle the seat belt...However, mine is in the off position. What's with that ? Is this a known problem to anyone ?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Mine don't seem to burn as hot as they did new. I suspect that the seat heaters burn hotter initially, and with a little use come down to more comfortable levels.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts