1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SSR is such a great car that draws so many looks that I can no longer:

pick my nose while driving
check myself out too conspicously in the mirror
pull up next to a beautiful lady and sit there without being noticed (maybe that's a good thing)
pick my teeth
pig out while driving and taking half whoppers in one bite
scream at the top of my lungs at some idiot on the other end of the cell phone

you get the point.....

I have owned some cool ragtops before but darn it if i don't feel like i'm in the glare of the headlights every time i get behind the wheel.

not that i mind.....

rick :cool

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Yeah I can't hide out in my town everyone I know, knows my truck and where I am at all times. Unless the garage is shut, then they have to look and see if the Tahoe is home. LOL

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,334 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Don't you know driving and picking your nose at the same time is dangerous, you could poke your brain if you brake to hard.
I have run collision centers (body shops) for 20 years, TRUST ME, you can only imagine what happens when the air bag deploys and you're picking your nose! :lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
Something else I cannot do...

My road rage has gone way down. It still bothers me a lot when people cruise in the passing lane, pass in the cruising lane, or fail to use turn signals. Thing is, when I honk or give them a long stare driving my SSR, they smile and wave or say "sweet ride" and I just can't remain stern. I smile back and raise a hand in a half-wave. People get the impression I'm a nice guy, now.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
California DMV code and left lane bandits.

21654. (a) Notwithstanding the prima facie speed limits, any vehicle proceeding upon a highway at a speed less than the normal speed of traffic moving in the same direction at such time shall be driven in the right-hand lane for traffic or as close as practicable to the right-hand edge or curb, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.

(b) If a vehicle is being driven at a speed less than the normal speed of traffic moving in the same direction at such time, and is not being driven in the right-hand lane for traffic or as close as practicable to the right-hand edge or curb, it shall constitute prima facie evidence that the driver is operating the vehicle in violation of subdivision (a) of this section.
I've never heard of any one being ticketed for this.

It has some very neat phrasing. Basically it takes the speed limit out of consideration altogether. Linking the violation simply to the difference in speed between a single vehicle and the prevailing traffic.

Unfortunatly, It dosen't specify how much speed difference is needed to trigger the citation. I would hope that the same difference that would get one a speeding ticket ~7mph would trigger this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts