Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Revell 1:25 scale SSR a few months back... I was going to paint it yellow but I saw some two-tones I liked. Then I saw the paint scheme on the 2018 Petty Motorsports Camaro. The red/blue pretty much follows the panel lines on the truck. I was able to buy the decals for the Pontiac that John Andretti drove in the late 90's and fit what I could on the smaller area. Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,570 Posts
That is really One-of-a-Kind and well done. Nice job.

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
2004 SSR Ultra Violet
43,088 Posts
I bought the Revell 1:25 scale SSR a few months back... I was going to paint it yellow but I saw some two-tones I liked. Then I saw the paint scheme on the 2018 Petty Motorsports Camaro. The red/blue pretty much follows the panel lines on the truck. I was able to buy the decals for the Pontiac that John Andretti drove in the late 90's and fit what I could on the smaller area. Here are a few pictures.
Hmmmm .... one could pick up a higher miler SSR or a lightly damaged one and paint it up like that!

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,071 Posts
Hmmmm .... one could pick up a higher miler SSR or a lightly damaged one and paint it up like that!
Or you just give it to jarod, with his bad luck it will be damaged soon.:pokey:

Just kidding hopefully jarods bad luck has run its course.

Nice job on the model. More patience then I could every muster up.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,564 Posts
Pat, you have a real talent!! - :nerd:

Do you have some more examples you could share with us? The level of detail is so very good. Thx for sharing with us!! - :smile2:

================
David :black:
images-9.jpeg

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pat, you have a real talent!! - :nerd:

Do you have some more examples you could share with us? The level of detail is so very good. Thx for sharing with us!! - :smile2:

================
David :black:
View attachment 527595
This is the first car model I've built in about 40 years. I scratch build space craft, both historical and sci-fi.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,679 Posts
Or you just give it to jarod, with his bad luck it will be damaged soon.

Just kidding hopefully jarods bad luck has run its course.

Nice job on the model. More patience then I could every muster up.
Hey @Autoprof, next Sunday I'm parking right next to you and taking yours out for a spin!

·
HobbyBob
641 Posts
I saw on tv a program about gunsmiths and one of the challenges was to make a coach gun and the target was a drone. Gun-one,drone nothing!

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,016 Posts
That looks Sweet! Would love to see a full size SSR done up like that.
:grin2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts