Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely love going under the overpasses and pushing the gas pedal to the floor, just to hear the sound of that exhaust ROAR!!!!! The sound is the most awesome driving experience ever. How about you guys? Is there any place you go drive to just to hear the exhaust? I think this is a pretty neat experience unique to mostly SSR owners or others using just headers and out to hear some "loud stuff".

·
Registered
413 Posts
exaust

the ssr has the best sounding factory exaust i have ever heard I cannot imagine changing it to an aftermarket unit

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
SSR exhaust

While I think that it is a pretty neat sounding tone, some of my friends think it could have been a little more aggressive. I guess it is just a personal preference.:agree

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think the exhaust is just right. A little throaty without being offensive. Had that (offensive -- 1970 Camaro) as a teenager and don't want it now.
I just love the sight and sound of this truck!!!
Mike

·
Registered
168 Posts
In D.C.

I am in D.C. this week on business. As I walked among the monuments and memorials, I walked over a great underpass. As I saw the traffic going under me, I actually thought, "I need to drive the SSR through there to see how it sounds," before I remembered...I flew here.

No chance this trip...maybe another time.

·
Registered
601 Posts
To NOSTOC

How long are you in DC. I live in the area and can try to meet up with you to see how that sound would be. I have driven under some of the tunnels here in the city. SSR sound great if you are the only one in there. But the problem here is that everyone how has a SUV or Pickup has changed there exhaust to sound like the SSR. But when you do here it and you know it is you. It is the best sound you can ever dream of.:cool

R

·
0 Posts
The "stock" exhaust note of the SSR is so far superior to the stock note of my C5. The C5's "weak" stock system has been changed to a Corsa stainless steel, Indy Pace Car version, and it's now respectable. I don't believe I will ever change the SSR's, I like it as it is

1 - 8 of 8 Posts