Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been given the green light by Commander in Chief Homefront and I am looking for a new car. I went recently to an autoshow to look at the new C6 and was blown away by the SSR. What made you owners decide to purchase it over the other cars/trucks out there?

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
tsgrayson said:
Well I have been given the green light by Commander in Chief Homefront and I am looking for a new car. I went recently to an autoshow to look at the new C6 and was blown away by the SSR. What made you owners decide to purchase it over the other cars/trucks out there?
:reddevil The Devil made me do it!!!

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,052 Posts
OMG tsgrayson,

You have to take one for a drive. It will hook you so fast, it'll make you wonder what hit you.

The little old ladies that come over and tell you how great it looks, the teens on the corners that tell you "nice ride", the cop that pulls up along side you just to give you a thumbs up....... This is an envy-mobile. Park one next to a new C-6 and see which one draws a crowd.

gotta go..

Mike

·
Registered
143 Posts
Why I bought one

This is an envy-mobile. Park one next to a new C-6 and see which one draws a crowd.

Its true, I was at a gas station behind a Corvette, guess who got the questions from other drivers... the SSR is simply the coolest vehicle on the market, looks - performance - capability - convertible, it has it all. I love the lines, the color, the interior, and the fact that it does have a useable bed I can haul things to the post office and UPS with. Glad I got mine, though that new blue is calling my name, I would have to make more room in the garage...:)

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
tsgrayson said:

JUST LOOK AT IT......Need I say More??? :cool

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With the Navy paying what it does nowadays....should I just get a 2005 at a discount or should I get the 2006?

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
tsgrayson said:
With the Navy paying what it does nowadays....should I just get a 2005 at a discount or should I get the 2006?
If you can find what you want in an 05 I would go for the deal. You may even find an under 500 mile GM 2006 demo around in the same price range.

·
Registered
11 Posts
it is my latest el camino.
more room than the vette
easier to get in and out of
works great for the hauling the dog.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You convinced me...hopefully I can budge him off of 40K....Stray Cat showed me the way...33K or nothing!!!! :cool

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
tsgrayson said:
Ditto, the Boss said to get a new car for my 50th Birthday....:eek

RickSSR :cool

·
Registered
288 Posts
The first time I put the top down on the test drive it was all over.:cool :cool

·
Registered
50 Posts
if it doesn't have to be a convertible then go with the c6 zo6 but if you want the open top and head turning appeal then go ssr. ssr should also sell cheaper since it will soon discontinue. i also see ssr with good longterm collector value.

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
I bought it because of its hot rod appeal. I don't have the ability or the time to take a rusted hulk and turn it into a work of art. I love car shows, and spent years drooling over someone else's creations. I now have the sheer delight of washing and waxing some of the finest metal stamping ever done, no rust to contend with, totally clean and functional engine compartment, with lots of opportunity for extra chrome and paint (check out 205SSR's threads about superchargers and billet valve covers if you feel a need to drool).

The SSR is a hot rod, a truck, a convertible and one of the few vehicles on the market where the designers were allowed to override engineering logic and build something with incredible styling.

There is nothing on the marketplace that even comes close when it comes to curb appeal. And besides - my wife said "Over my dead body" about a Corvette, but she's spent over 25000 miles in the passenger's seat of the SSR and loves it. Yup - she even drove it a few times, and the grin never left her face.

We have a pretty busy schedule, so our time together cruising is priceless. What else gives you drop dead good looks, enough storage for 2 large suitcase, 2 small ones, a laptop bag, clothes bags and a bit of room for some shopping, and can still go topless in seconds without leaving the driver's seat.

The only thing is - you can't pick your nose any more, because there's always someone watching. If you want proof, take one out for a test drive, go to the nearest mall entrance, and take the top down right there and then - you'll stop traffic.

Good luck - hope you become a Fanatic.

Ray

Attachments

1 - 20 of 57 Posts