Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local dealers didn't have what I wanted, so I'm talking to a couple out of state dealers. They've agreed to having their service department recheck the vehicle before shipping.

How do I communicate to the service department? I'm afraid that if I send them a list they're just going to brush it off as being too nit-picky. Yet I know if they find something wrong under warrenty they can bill GM.

One dealer mentioned a "GM Check list" that they've already done, but could do again. What's that?

Any help would be greatly apreciated. I'm trying to make this as troublefree as possible.
 

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
Joined
·
549 Posts
You're missing one of the best things you could do. Fly out and drive it home. I'm sure you could find some scenic route for the drive. That first long trip is always something to remember in this vehicle.
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I agree with Frezzer on this nothing like a long top down drive. Plus you got to break it in. Haha
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,316 Posts
Take the trip, Doug

Did the same last May - picked up my toy in NC, and drove it back to the west coast.
No regrets at all. Finished the summer at over 24000 miles.

Picking it up also eliminates any possibility of prior minor scuffs, bruises or problems being plamed on the shipping company. That never leads to great fun. Can't imagine the trip costing much more than shipping. Pick a route that takes you past some major landmarks, historical sites, whatever, and turn it into a great memory.

Ray
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess none of you guys read the message from the guy who drove home from the dealer, only to have the top stick open and the vehicle missing the little manual tool. Wouldn't that be fun, stuck with an open top 500 miles from the dealer in spring weather. :lol

Too much driving bores me to death.
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Its behind the drivers seat, comes standard
on all SSR`S.

Where are you located in N.C?

lATER,
John
 

·
Original SSR Centerfold
Joined
·
3,146 Posts
dougnc said:
I guess none of you guys read the message from the guy who drove home from the dealer, only to have the top stick open and the vehicle missing the little manual tool. Wouldn't that be fun, stuck with an open top 500 miles from the dealer in spring weather. :lol

Too much driving bores me to death.
Don't think of it as driving, think of it as bonding with your new baby. You won't get bored driving an SSR. :ssr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dingbat said:
Don't think of it as driving, think of it as bonding with your new baby. You won't get bored driving an SSR. :ssr
Can't you sit up straight?

Sorry, I always want to say that when I see your picture! :)
 

·
Original SSR Centerfold
Joined
·
3,146 Posts
dougnc said:
Can't you sit up straight?

Sorry, I always want to say that when I see your picture! :)
being 6'5" if I sit up straight (I have the back reclined a bit) I can't see out the windshield. Also you may be seeing some of the "prosperity" that hangs over the belt.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top