Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm having my new SSR picked up next week. It's from out of state. I got them to promise to have their service department check it out before I have it picked up.

What should I have them check out? I have a little list I made up from here.

I know they're not going to knock themselves out now that they've got my money. But is there something I could ask them to do that GM might pay for?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just make sure all the options you bought are installed , ie , floor mats , engine cover , & anything in the bed . Mine was minus several items that were sold to other buyers . The were all replaced before I'd take deliverly.

Have a ball you'll love the SSR ! :ssr

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would have them make sure the tires aren't flatspotted for sure.

S

·
0 Posts
Make sure the headlights work! :ssr The night I picked mine up, I thought I just wasn't turning the switch correctly. They were locking up, and I had to go inside and get someone. Turns out, whoever installed the guages did something incorrectly, and it was causing the headlight fuse to blow.
I had to drive a loaner home, and they delivered mine to me the next day at work.
(The guages still seem to go "haywire" on occasion.)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :thumbs

Y

·
0 Posts
The top!

Our top failed within one hour of purchase!

It took 2 days to fix!

Buyer beware!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Topcat55 said:
Just make sure all the options you bought are installed , ie , floor mats , engine cover , & anything in the bed . Mine was minus several items that were sold to other buyers . The were all replaced before I'd take deliverly.

Have a ball you'll love the SSR ! :ssr
Don't I know it! The first e-mail I send to this dealer mentioned I wanted an auxilery guage set. I keep mentioning it in subsequent e-mails. Finally I ask for pictures, no guage set. :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
dougnc said:
Well, I'm having my new SSR picked up next week. It's from out of state. I got them to promise to have their service department check it out before I have it picked up.

What should I have them check out? I have a little list I made up from here.

I know they're not going to knock themselves out now that they've got my money. But is there something I could ask them to do that GM might pay for?
From some of the posts I'm reading your getting too many negative replies. Makes a difference if you bought a 1SA or 1SB? The 1SB comes with almost everything except gage package. My dealer wasn't aware there was a big box with my 1SB package and called me the next day so be carefull. All new vehicles might have some problems, but most SSR owners have had just minor issues. If possible don't let them drill holes for the front plate unless that is what you want? Enjoy the SSR and bone up on what it is because your going to have to answer questions from now on, but like me, you'll love the attention...

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fred Edick said:
From some of the posts I'm reading your getting too many negative replies. Makes a difference if you bought a 1SA or 1SB? The 1SB comes with almost everything except gage package. My dealer wasn't aware there was a big box with my 1SB package and called me the next day so be carefull. All new vehicles might have some problems, but most SSR owners have had just minor issues. If possible don't let them drill holes for the front plate unless that is what you want? Enjoy the SSR and bone up on what it is because your going to have to answer questions from now on, but like me, you'll love the attention...
Well, that's the thing. My dealer is 1200 miles away. If he forgets something I'm going to be in the unenviable position of taking it to a local dealer I didn't buy from to try to get him to fix it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Put Everyting In Writing

Put everything in writing. Do not expect you dealer to remember anything. Protect yourself. Along with your check state what you expect the SSR to have. If you do not want holes drilled for the front license then state that. If you want the car washed and waxed with a full tank of gas then state that. If it is being shipped to you and you want it in a closed container then state that. Make sure you state what constitutes the deal. I bought mine out of state and I did exactly what I am telling you. It made all the difference.

Good Luck

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ECurtis said:
Put everything in writing. Do not expect you dealer to remember anything. Protect yourself. Along with your check state what you expect the SSR to have. If you do not want holes drilled for the front license then state that. If you want the car washed and waxed with a full tank of gas then state that. If it is being shipped to you and you want it in a closed container then state that. Make sure you state what constitutes the deal. I bought mine out of state and I did exactly what I am telling you. It made all the difference.

Good Luck

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr
Nothing in writing. They didn't even bother to call me back to tell me if the paperwork went thru.

The delivery company is like, well, call us back next week. We don't know nothing now. :lol

So now I wait a week, or two, or three.

Boy, isn't life exciting!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fred Edick said:
If you guys don't want them drilling holes into the frontside of the bumper fot the poor states that require two plates , you can go to tandaperformance.com to see if any one of their license plate holders can fit on the SSR. I know one thing is that they drill from the bottom so the holes don't show thru the front at all. I was going to get this for my GTO but my car was traded by dealer and mine had been drilled in front already. UGH. I've never seen this product or am I in any way affilioated with it either. Just throwing it out there for anyone who has to get the front license plate bracket on and doesn't want those holes in the front bumper.

Devil :reddevil

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Boy, I sure hope some of the GM lurkers are design engineers, and are reading about how many owners dislike finding their bumpers drilled. It really isn't enough to ship the front license plate frame unmounted. There are just too many folks that get their hands on the vehicle before the current owner takes possession. So how about designing front plate holders that don’t leave unwanted holes after they are removed.
:thumbs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts