Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Might be going to a dealer upstate NY who has two 05's The sticker on the one I am looking at is 46..what should I offer... before my trade..which is a SXT magnum Thanks All gary

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
My advise, look at ebay, there are several under $40K and an Indy Pace Truck currently at $28K it's an '05, auto.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Offering invoice is not good advice. This forum has had examples of '05's selling for at, just above and just below $30K which is WELL below invoice for SSRs with MSRP's higher than the $46K you are looking at. Offer low $30's and watch this forum for great deals. Also check cars.com and AutoTrader.com

·
Registered
29 Posts
how much

gm rebates are 6000.00 in north east plus you can use up to 1000.00 gm money off a gm card, plus you can beat the dealer up for what ever you can on a 2005.

i am looking fo a good used 2005.

quoe=te out of ohio today for 38000 on a new 2005.

ed

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
In Atlantic City there is an '05 $47k sticker for $37k and that's before you even start negotiating.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just picked up my new 05 SSR at Les Stanford in Dearborn, MI two weeks ago. Chris Warren was the salesman and was great. Purchase price was $ 30,800 plus tax & license. I was out the door for $33,000 (Michigan requires sales tax be paid on purchase price and all rebates - $6,000 worth in this case). Sticker was $47,600. Obviously, this was deeply discounted in addition to the rebates. It was titled to me as a new vehicle with full 3 year, 36,000 mile warrantee from the date purchased. The vehicle had 180 miles when I picked it up. Hope this helps. Jim

PS: Numbers are rounded to nearest $100.

·
Registered
30 Posts
RAVENBERT said:
you better act fast they are not making anymore after 3-17-2006
offer them invoice they may be stupid
The SSR is among the slowest movers out there right now, average time spent on the lot is 197 days. In my opinion, paying invoice less rebate is the MOST anyone should consider paying at this point. From a sales perspective, these things are dogs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mason57 said:
What does anyone think they should pay for a '06. How much over or under Invoice? :rolleyes:

I have been waiting for replies to this question. It seems you can get a great deal on an '05 SSR if you can find one you like. So far I haven't. I drove one that made a high pitched noise between 60 and 70mph. Anyone know what that is? I even wondered if it might be normal since I'm not familiar with the sounds of this engine. Anyway, there are many more choices in the '06, but what's a reasonable price to shoot for? I'm hoping for a 3SS hopefully with chrome wheels and the chrome package. What should I offer?
SSR Cool

·
Registered
143 Posts
On an '06 don't expect much more than $7k off MSRP. The best bet is to find an 05 whereas you can get one for $12k-$15k off at most dealers.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
shrtdog said:
On an '06 don't expect much more than $7k off MSRP. The best bet is to find an 05 whereas you can get one for $12k-$15k off at most dealers.
Where can you get $7K off MSRP for an '06?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Find one that's been on the lot longer than 3 months and get the $1,000 bonus cash and you can get one at most dealers for $7k off.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
shrtdog said:
Find one that's been on the lot longer than 3 months and get the $1,000 bonus cash and you can get one at most dealers for $7k off.
What would anyone think for a FINAL PRODUCTION RUN ?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Shop Ebay, autotrader.com

Mason57 said:
Where can you get $7K off MSRP for an '06?
Shop ebay and you can get an 06 from 37 to 39.. now some are higher but thats a normal thing to see.. prices will not be going up no matter how many were made and even with the production ending.. They just were'nt a HIT for most of the public, just a certain group like us who love the SSR. Kinda like the Corvette's, not everyone likes or loves the Corvette

It just Happens. OH and when you see the big asking prices, well they can ask any price. Its just getting that price, not many selling on all the sites i've been watching for sometime that are overpriced, they just keep reposting them over and over.

Good luck to the buyer here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts