Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering which stare has the most SSRs? I would imagine it would be one of the southern states. Florida would be my first guess or could it be Texas or California. Does anyone know? Arizona could also be in the top of the list.

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,504 Posts
Hard to tell because not many use the pin location map. My area for instance just shows me but I see SSR's driving around and at car shows during the summer in every color almost every day. Try to catch or contact them to no avail. Not very social here. Would be nice to get together but very difficult. They don't even wave and don't belong to SSR Fanatics. I think Florida is more organized but Texas is right up there. Maybe some of them will jump in.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I watch the salvage auctions quite a bit and it seems like a lot of the wrecked ones are coming out of Texas. Which is what got me wondering the question.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
Hard to tell because not many use the pin location map. My area for instance just shows me but I see SSR's driving around and at car shows during the summer in every color almost every day. Try to catch or contact them to no avail. Not very social here. Would be nice to get together but very difficult. They don't even wave and don't belong to SSR Fanatics. I think Florida is more organized but Texas is right up there. Maybe some of them will jump in.
Strange thing about SSR Owners: Either they are happy to see you or they want you to go away. I have talked to a few that told me they have a unique vehicle and like to be the center of attention but when I drive up then they are no longer unique, so they ask me to leave and not bother them. They do not even take my card. That is the SoCal "ME" culture I guess. There is a Red near by who took my card and calls when his mechanic can not solve a problem, but will not join here and though I gave him Dinerman's Key his mechanic has told me it is not worth the time to look at it. You can't fix STUPID so I have stopped trying with that team.

·
High Plains Roadster
160 Posts
Strange thing about SSR Owners: Either they are happy to see you or they want you to go away. I have talked to a few that told me they have a unique vehicle and like to be the center of attention but when I drive up then they are no longer unique, so they ask me to leave and not bother them. They do not even take my card. That is the SoCal ME culture I guess. There is a Red near by who took my card and calls when his mechanic can not solve a problem, but will not join here and though I gave him Dinerman's Key his mechanic has told me it is not worth the time to look at it. You can't fix STUPID so I have stopped trying with that team.
In Wyoming, those guys would not last long....

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hard to tell because not many use the pin location map. ...
Same in Maryland. There's only rwo of us on the Pin Map, but there's at least one and maybe two others in Rockville and number in the greater Baltimore area and northeast. Dunno about Western Maryland, Southern Maryland, or the Eastern Shore.

It'll be interesting to see if any show up for the August All GM show in Rockville in addition to mine. That show is close to Northern Virginia, so maybe... :unsure:

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,504 Posts
Just my observation here. Maybe it is an age or location and weather thing but the SSR family in the south seem to want to play together, work on their SSR's together, share photo's, go out to eat together and just plain know how to hang out. Most of the rest of us seem to be the same age as them, but, don't play together, don't work on each others SSR's, don't share photos, don't go out to eat together, and don't know how to just plain hang out.

Am I right? Because if I am, maybe I have to seriously think about moving or selling my SSR.

Tell me my analogy is faulty or straighten me out please and come to my rescue. Thanks in advance!!!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
I think you are flawed in your interpretation of the situation. I think those in the South and Southwest fit your description right now but when the better weather hits the rest of the country comes around. Then the problem is that there are a lot more things that need to be tended to and so the popularity of getting together along those lines is not as great. I have been all over the USA and Canada and found the Fanatics want to do things together, but sometimes other things get in the way. In the winter the weather takes priority with out any doubt. Come to the Chocolate and Covered Bridge Tour in PA and you will see what I mean. That is relatively close to you.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just my observation here. Maybe it is an age or location and weather thing but the SSR family in the south seem to want to play together, work on their SSR's together, share photo's, go out to eat together and just plain know how to hang out. Most of the rest of us seem to be the same age as them, but, don't play together, don't work on each others SSR's, don't share photos, don't go out to eat together, and don't know how to just plain hang out.

Am I right? Because if I am, maybe I have to seriously think about moving or selling my SSR.

Tell me my analogy is faulty or straighten me out please and come to my rescue. Thanks in advance!!!
Auggie I know one thing I have found from owning race cars and hot rods. At least here in my area, we wait all winter for things to change weather wise and just don't get together much over the winter. Then when the weather finally starts to change, we want to get out and finish those half done things we started over the winter. We don't go hang out together but rather mad thrash to get our stuff running or put back together. Then the first weekend comes with good weather we are out enjoying our hard work. Then the next couple we have to catch up on all the other stuff we put off. The grass some how grows like 6" and has to be cut. Home repairs rear their ugly head. Kids need help or have to have your attention and it all takes away from my car time. Maybe those guys down south don't suffer from that winter time loss of car time, so they have more time to get stuff done and can enjoy their cars and friends more. I really think weather plays a big role on what I can do car wise than anything else. No need to sell your SSR. Moving might be an option. I hope if I get the chance to be in your area I am going to look you up.

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,504 Posts
I think you are flawed in your interpretation of the situation. I think those in the South and Southwest fit your description right now but when the better weather hits the rest of the country comes around. Then the problem is that there are a lot more things that need to be tended to and so the popularity of getting together along those lines is not as great. I have been all over the USA and Canada and found the Fanatics want to do things together, but sometimes other things get in the way. In the winter the weather takes priority with out any doubt. Come to the Chocolate and Covered Bridge Tour in PA and you will see what I mean. That is relatively close to you.
Isn't that in the south? Just kidding. Makes my point though. If I want to hang out I have to drive 1500 miles, get a room, gas, food, board my dog, and part with $2000 or more. Have to think about that.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
It is in PA. I do nt think that qualifies as the South. I guess you have made my point, It all comes down to priorities. I will be driving BlueStreak (272,300 miles now. 48 states & 6 provinces)) to PA, NC, and NY this year and then take (only 63,000 + miles. Only 18 states so far) to British Columbia because it has not been in OR , WA , or Canada yet, at least while I have owned it.

·
Premium Member
4,681 Posts

My opinion Auggie (any you know what is worth) you think to much. LOL

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts

Well, either you are saying we are too young or too old, and I do not beileve either. I am almost 73 (3 weeks) and my math says that makes me 7+3=10 and that is not too old for much of anything.

·
xs-cash
2,720 Posts
All I know is that I bet there’s 100 + up here in Alberta Canada, at least , I’ve had ssr’s for almost 15 yrs , there’s so many up here !

1 - 20 of 45 Posts