Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just my observation here. Maybe it is an age or location and weather thing but the SSR family in the south seem to want to play together, work on their SSR's together, share photo's, go out to eat together and just plain know how to hang out. Most of the rest of us seem to be the same age as them, but, don't play together, don't work on each others SSR's, don't share photos, don't go out to eat together, and don't know how to just plain hang out.

Am I right? Because if I am, maybe I have to seriously think about moving or selling my SSR.

Tell me my analogy is faulty or straighten me out please and come to my rescue. Thanks in advance!!!
I just got on here for the 1st time since about 2012. Due to having a Business Failure, Wife had to sell her SSR and another Car. I had to sell 3 Harleys. Wouldn't have been so bad if We hadn't been Older and had time to recover.
Anyhow regarding "SSR Friends", We were constantly Socializing, going to both Small and Larger Gatherings. But we live in SC. Weather GREAT 9 months of year and certainly acceptable other 3. Most People Nice in SC contrary to what media says. Yeah, We Love Food We probably shouldn't eat, hold doors for each other, smile and speak to people we don't know. And I was called Honey, Sweetheart, and had my Heart Blessed TWICE Today - And that was BEFORE LUNCH! Loved our SSR and hope to get another Down the Road. Just remember, If Jesus couldn't make everyone happy, you and I certainly can't! Just do your best and continue enjoying Life And Your SSR!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think you are flawed in your interpretation of the situation. I think those in the South and Southwest fit your description right now but when the better weather hits the rest of the country comes around. Then the problem is that there are a lot more things that need to be tended to and so the popularity of getting together along those lines is not as great. I have been all over the USA and Canada and found the Fanatics want to do things together, but sometimes other things get in the way. In the winter the weather takes priority with out any doubt. Come to the Chocolate and Covered Bridge Tour in PA and you will see what I mean. That is relatively close to you.
I just have my Yellow 2005 SSR about 2 months now..there are three other ones here in South Louisiana live across the river from New Orleans.one of my friends have a 2004 with 15000 miles on it.. It’s. A shame he does not drive it much.why have it you won’t drive it.
To bad there are not more around to get together for outings.
I own two Corvettes and we have a large Club and share the same interests do a lot of shows and get togethers.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
1. I'll have go with Florida for numbers.
2. Besides the military I've never been accepted and included in a larger group than the Fanatics. If people don't bother to even come to the forums to see what we're all about then I wish them well. I was apprehensive when I first bought mine but am now confident that whatever the problem might be there is help available. We Rock!!!

·
Daily Driver
8,876 Posts
I just got on here for the 1st time since about 2012.
Welcome back Ernie.

And I was called Honey, Sweetheart, and had my Heart Blessed TWICE Today - And that was BEFORE LUNCH!
I read an article recently that claimed "Bless your heart" is sarcasm, an insult in disguise? Found that hard to believe.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts