Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, still looking for a new 05 SSR and drove several, was wondering what this noise is when I punch the gas to the floor,and it snaps into second gear (automatic), makes a loud squeeling, sounds like the trans or the engine, almost like a belt is sliding off like when a car goes through water. All 4 of them I drove do this. The conditions are all dry. Would I hurt the truck if I did this often????
Thanks, David

·
Registered
216 Posts
It's the belt, needs a new tensioner per my service guy. I swore it was the tires first few times I heard it :lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Get the Real Sound

David,
Why are you messing around with the automatics?
Get the 6 speed and you will get the same sound, except that it really will be the tires.
Paul

·
Registered
130 Posts
My '05 is making the same sound. Is there a TSB out on this?
I find that it helps to have all the info I can on the SSR when i talk to the service guys.

Thanks,
Steve

2005 SSR Silver
2003 SSR Yellow (gone)
—————————————————————————————————
Our other cars: 2005 SL65 Pewter / 2005 G55 Graphite / 2005 SRT-10 Viper Yellow / 2005 Boxster S Seal Grey / 2005 MazdaSpeed Miata Red / 2005 SSR Silver / 2005 Platinum Escalade / 2005 C55 White / 2004 Gallardo Yellow / 2004 NSX Black / 2002 Candy Red Prowler + 2001 Orange Prowler + 2001 Silver Prowler + 1999 Yellow Prowler / 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS Convertible / 1970 Black Chevy SWB Pick up / 1969 Garnet Red Camaro SS 350 / 1969 Chevelle SS 396 / 1969 Impala SS 427 / 1968 Chevy Step Side Truck L98/700r4 / 1967 Hugger Orange Camaro 400 / 1966 GTO / 1955 Yellow Chevrolet Truck / 1934 Ford Sedan / 1930 Ford Hiboy Coupe 302 5spd

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I noticed it my first WOT. I will add it to my list for the dealer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
pedal to the floor?

Are you putting the pedal all the way down from sitting still (or moving slowly)? The automatic will accellerate faster if you only push the pedal half way down until the truck is moving faster and then push it to the floor. This is covered in the owner's manual.

Jason

·
Registered
189 Posts
I agree, the belt does not make a sound (or at least you cannot hear it over the tires) on the 6 speed :lol

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
raveschi said:
I agree, the belt does not make a sound (or at least you cannot hear it over the tires) on the 6 speed :lol
'05's are so late to the party...... :lol :lol

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Belt Squeak

Their is no fix for the belt noise yet. See Document ID# 1556730. States not to replace the belt or tensioner. It's one of the problems chevy is "working" on.

·
Registered
135 Posts
batwings05 said:
Hey guys, still looking for a new 05 SSR and drove several, was wondering what this noise is when I punch the gas to the floor,and it snaps into second gear (automatic), makes a loud squeeling, sounds like the trans or the engine, almost like a belt is sliding off like when a car goes through water. All 4 of them I drove do this. The conditions are all dry. Would I hurt the truck if I did this often????
Thanks, David
My 05 is making this same noise when it shifts into second gear. Before I go to the dealer does anyone know of a fix for it. I am afraid of getting the run around from my dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
ssr 05 said:
My 05 is making this same noise when it shifts into second gear. Before I go to the dealer does anyone know of a fix for it. I am afraid of getting the run around from my dealer.
my 05 did it also , dealer replaced alternator no more noise.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
There is a bulletin for replacing the generator on 2005 models only. the bulletin
# is 04-06-01-031a and the part # for the generator is 15288861

·
Registered
135 Posts
wingrider said:
There is a bulletin for replacing the generator on 2005 models only. the bulletin
Great!!! Just what I needed. Thank you.:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thata' Boy!

wingrider said:
Thanks for posting those details again. Service managers love it when you can diagnose your own problem - backed up with a TSB # like this.:thumbs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Squeal normal

batwings05 said:
Thanks, David
Squeal is the fan belt . They tell you it is normal in the owners manual for 2005.:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts