Chevy SSR Forum banner

what to do

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  TheXCepsion 
#1 ·
hi to all

have a questioned on what to do

do you think asking $50,000 and go down

I just have my 04 ssr yellow about 3 months with 35,000 miles I have done almost everything possible such as

Jeremy ported throttle body & tunes
simple engineering suspension, tranny cooler,tranny pan
New rims & Tires, factory gauges, rear cargo carpeting, brakes & rotors, hoses, belt, t stat entire AC system, yellow engine cover,hood struts, radio with nav and backup camera, amps, speakers and alarm with auto start up, custom interior, rear spoiler, had things painted rearing boards, mirrors, interior pieces, hood spear black, LED headlights & Fog, other things I cant remember

I was asked if I would my ssr asked me my price. I gave him my number I give you 2 weeks to decide as he left he padded my ssr and said see you 2 weeks

I already looking to do another ssr 05 that I like:laugh::grin2:
mike:yellow:

See less See more
#2 ·
04's sell for about in the $24,000 range. Sorry to say accessories and add ons are free to the new owner. That is the way the cookie crumbles. Maybe I am wrong but that has been my experience anyway.

#10 · (Edited)
I don't always agree with Augie but on this one, he's spot on.

If you get $24K, take the money and run!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS, I gave $20K for mine from a GM dealer last year. A pristine example with 40K miles, all options except chrome, completely dealer serviced and a fresh set of Pirelli P-Zero tires. Oh, and a new battery. Just sayin'....

#13 ·
If you REALLY like the '59 tail lights, and the guy doesn't know about them, KEEP Quite, and save them for the '05 you want, saving yourself some $$$. Then start as high as you think possible and negotiate tell y'all reach a deal.

Nick

#4 ·
:|

Well, it seems you're asking...........If I get the "drift" of your overall post, you now own an '04 that you've only had about 3 months or so. It's not clear that all the items you mention were done and paid by you (after) your purchase. Assuming all was indeed done/paid for by you after the fact, you're still the proud owner of an '04 which many have and love, but it doesn't bring the price point that an '05/'06 would with the LS2 engine.

By the way, an '05/'06 equipped as you described would NOT come even close to your 50K start point............You're about 25K too high............my opinion. If you can beat that, go for it.:wink2:

#5 ·
with everything I have spent is around 20,000 plus the cost of the ssr. I even told him I paid 24,500 for the ssr before I done everything else to it and was still asking me for a price to sell. I know the guy has BIG BUCKS he brings his 2 Mercedes G trucks to my friends shop and had rims done and other things

#6 ·
You can ask but I highly doubt he'll go for it. If he has big bucks he must be a little careful with his money and I doubt he would buy anything without checking the market, at least online. If he doesn't run away screaming you can come down.

#7 ·
Let's see if I have this straight. - :nerd:

You bought your truck for $24,500. You've had it for 3 months & bought a couple of add-ons for it.......and you're thinking of asking $50,000.00 for it?!?!! - :surprise:

Clip art Cartoon Finger Graphics Thumb

Uhhhhhhh.........NO!!!

Did you even stop long enough to look it over and truly appreciate the beauty of its curves and actually entertain the idea you just might really enjoy it yourself to keep?!?!!! - :nerd:

===============
David :black:
Firearm White Black Gun Text

#12 ·
Unclear

Let's see if I have this straight. - :nerd:
You bought your truck for $24,500. You've had it for 3 months & bought a couple of add-ons for it.......and you're thinking of asking $50,000.00 for it?!?!! - :surprise:

Uhhhhhhh.........NO!!!
===============
David :black:
View attachment 527303

WARRIOR, I wish you would REALLY say what you think !

Being UNCLEAR is SO gauche !
..:pokey:...:jester:

#9 ·
One thing that will be in your favor is the prices people have seen lately on tv auction shows. Remember you can ask anything but the value of a vehicle is what a buyer and seller agree on and make the vehicle change owners. I also agree with Auggie most accessories and upgrades are usually free to the new owner. Many people have no idea what the addition of the upgrades bring to the vehicle. Most people if they were looking at two side by side would not know the value of the one with all your upgrades compared to a bone stock one sitting next to it and priced cheaper. The average non SSR owner person would not know the difference in value of just the common options of the chrome wheels, carpeted bed, running boards and accessory gauges compared to one with out those things.

#15 ·
Best advice I can give, Let the Prospective Buyer make You an Offer and see how serious He is. You can always decline after that and make a counter offer so You won't look like you're trying too gouge him too badly. I have too say, $49,500 is way too high for an O4, I bought Mine from a Dealership, only had 21K on it and everything works like a Champ. I paid less than Half that cost you are looking at. Just a Thought...Let Him do the first Move...Might pay off more than You know?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.