Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Casually shopping for an 05 and want to know what you others are receiving as far as discount off MSRP on the 05's that ALL the dealers seem to have. I am hearing the song and dance "not much in it for us" from the dealers. Please don't include any GM employee disocounts, rebates (I wish) etc.. Just curious as to the discount off MSRP for the "retail" public. Thanks!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We bought our '05 Saturday afternoon...no discounts and no special financing...but, they'll probably come out with something now since we bought ours ;)

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Same here. MSRP - No discounts or special anything on the 05, but was offered about $3K off the 04. The 04 is now in my garage. (I'm happy with the 04 too!)

Have fun! :cheers

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O5's are selling at GMS + 5%. 04's selling at GMS w/ current $2k bonus cash rebate. Interested?? email me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I ordered mine and got $500.00 off MSRP. First time I have ever paid this close to MSRP! Actually, I usally start at Invoice and go up from there on an ordered vehicle.

I'm in New Jersey and it appears that 2005 SSR's are selling at MSRP around here. I should probably wait until spring or summer, but I'm afraid that I won't get what I want.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I purchased my 2005 SSR on 10/15/2004 for $250 over dealer invoice. So, that was about $3,000 off MSRP. However, I only got $30,000 for my 2004 SSR trade-in.

·
Registered
421 Posts
If anybody wants to buy a brand new 2004 SSR with an MSRP of $47,000+ for only $39,900 - then come on down to Tampa. Bill Heard Chevy has 5 of them and has been advertising them for weeks. :angel

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
Before I found my 2004 at a very good price I was emailing and talking to several dealers in central and NE Florida. On the 05 most were quoting around MSRP. The dealer in Orlando posted on this site that he would sell any SSR for invoice. That offer was meant for the 04's. I talked with him and over the phone he said he would sell me an 05 for $500 over invoice. I agreed and he was supposed to get back to me with the info on the ones he had coming in. A few days later he called and said that the ones coming were already spoken for and they were selling at MSRP or over. If I could wait a month or so (this was mid Sept) he said we could do something at or near invoice.
Well the offer came up on an new 04 at $11,800 under MSRP and I couldn't pass it up. 90 HP wasn't worth 10K to me.
Last I checked the Orlando dealer still has the 05's on the lot that he said were already sold. How much of his line was BS??? He might go for an offer on the 05 for close to invoice at this time. The thing is all the ones they ordered were fully loaded at about 50K MSRP. A couple thousand in unnecessary options.

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
matjow said:
I purchased my 2005 SSR on 10/15/2004 for $250 over dealer invoice. So, that was about $3,000 off MSRP. However, I only got $30,000 for my 2004 SSR trade-in.
That's a good example of number manipulation. You could look at the transaction as getting $33,000 for the trade and paying MSRP for the new one. If you look at the contract that is probably how it is written up. Pricing on new vehicles with a trade is always vague because of the differences. The true cost is the trade difference.
Would the dealer sell you the car at $250 over invoice without a trade?? If so then your numbers are OK.

·
Registered
72 Posts
$1600 off MSRP for an '05. Any rebates, etc (if any) will be incorported when it shows up - the estimate was a 10 week turnaround on the order.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yes. The offer on the 05 SSR was for $250 over invoice with or without a trade. The dealer even suggested that I sell my 04 SSR myself or take it to Carmax because he didn't even want it. He had to shop it around until he found a wholesaler who would even take it. The highest offer I got was $30,000. The Carmax buy offer was the same. The market on 03s and 04 in tanking! I've seen brand new 04 SSR leftovers with a sticker of $47,000+ for $35,000. Now I'm glad I dumped my 04 SSR with 12,000 miles on it when I did for the $30,000 I got.

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,540 Posts
When I traded my 03 SSR (9/8/04 - after 3 months of ownership) I received $35K as my trade-in value on my 04.5 Nissan 350Z Roadster. I'm glad I didn't wait another month to do that deal. I wish I didn't have to do that deal at all, but my particular 03 SSR had too many problems for me to keep and drive.

I might suggest to anyone thinking about an 05 SSR, wait a couple of months to let pricing pressures kick in even further on the 05 SSR. Once the 6spd manual tranny is out on the street the 4spd auto tranny units will be a little less "new" and might be a little bit cheaper to purchase.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
My 05 is $2030 under sticker

Buying an 05 Aqua Blur #17082 with...

1SB package
Special Paint
Custom floor mats
Integrated saddle bags
Chrome wheels
Integrated running boards
Cargo netting package
License plate bracket

Sticker is $49,165
Paying $47,135.
Truck is in transit to dealer???

Dave

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
hey everyone ...
i know of a dealer who will sell a 2005 silver ssr with just about every option (chrome wheels) for the gm supplier price. HERE'S THE KICKER... they are selling all cars and trucks to the public at these prices
if anyone wants more info ... sent me a PM

thx,
kar :)

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Still gouging

was at the dealer yesterday.
03 yellow 270 miles, new, they were trying to sell it to a couple for $44.000 :confused

and they have 3 04s still on the lot at $1000 off only.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts