Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been awhile since I've waxed a black truck. What are some recommendations? Ease of application, water repellant, streaking.....etc.!
Thanks
Bob:black:

·
Super Moderator
13,929 Posts
I got all caught up in the "Corinthian Leather Montalbalm" thing and bought a new black 76 Cordoba - didn't take long to lose my lust for Corinthian Leather - HaHa!
A mere 40 years later still considering my next black vehicle - not seriously mind you!

I'm not a good candidate for advice having only owned one black vehicle in my life, and I have owned quite a few vehicles
But if you want my advice on wax for black paint, in 1976 I used Turtle Wax - I may still have it on a shelf!

I always enjoy looking at beautiful black vehicles
Thanks for your contribution!

Sorry for the flippancy, do a search - there are lots of advice threads regarding paint maintenance - not sure it it matters the colours regarding product used
JoshVette has an auto maintenance thread going for lots of great advice

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
There are as many opinions on polishes as there are on tires.

I'm hooked on Zaino products. It's an entire range of compatible products, available from their online store.

https://www.zainostore.com/

I was turned on to the product back in 2004 by another Fanatic, and have not seen any reason to change.

Some of the new products were not available back then, but Guru Reports several years ago rated Zaino the highest of anything tested for longevity, ease of application and depth of gloss.

Check the reflections on the tailgate.

Attachments

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,356 Posts
Wha-a-a-t??

C'mon guys. --- Don't be afraid of the "DARK SIDE"!! -- >:)

I absolutely LOVE (♥♥♥) my Smokin'Asphalt '06 FPR SSR. :black: :black: :black: -- :x

~~~~ 2018-03-08-17-47-09--833524568.jpeg ~~~~​

●●● ~~ And don't forget----- images-33.jpeg

============
David :black:
images-8.jpeg

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I agree with Flassh that Zaino products are really great for any color. and I have not yet learned not to buy a Black truck, as I now own three black trucks. Two SSR's and a 2 door 4 wheel drive Tahoe. I'm just a glutton for punishment. but they are so beautiful when they shine.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
There's almost as many good products as there are opinions about them! That said, I'll likely try the Top coat F11 at some point as multiple people here have raved about it. But, on a silver truck, it's not as critical.

Black vehicles can definitely be a challenge.

Had an all black Porsche 911 a while back. Absolutely stunning when all dolled up. But the amount of time it took to keep it that way was ridiculous. I finally told myself that a little dust just added character and that perfection just wasn't in the cards. Once I accepted that, life got easier.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,013 Posts
Wax and polish are like what is your favorite fast food place. A thousand answers. Go to search button at the top of the page and put in waxing/polishing and get the hundreds of answers of what people have said on this topic. Might ask JOSHVETTE on this site. He is a professional detailer and knows his stuff. I have just recently used TOP COAT F-11 detailer on mine and love it.

Just some info:
Love black vehicles. Have had many black Hotrods, pickups, cars, and motorcycles over the years. We live in the woods in a log home I built and we are on a dirt road and you can spend all day cleaning and polishing and then you can't even make it out to the main road and the vehicle is dusty, dirty, muddy or whatever. When I was young no big deal just wash and polish it again. Now at 75 it is just too much to keep up. So I did some research to find vehicles that still look pretty sharp but are easier to keep clean and not so often. My Harley is Pearl White, my wifes Pontiac is white, my Chevy pickup is silverstone, and our SSR is Slingshot Yellow so all is good. The Harley and the SSR are hand washed and stay in the heated garage and usually only driven in nice weather. The pickup and Pontiac are washed and waxed at the full service car wash. That way I can still keep up with it all and they look very nice. Not perfect like when I was young but nice. When they are clean I use Top Coat F-11 to final finish them. Have a good one and enjoy your ride and your life.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts