Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried a few different types to see how things looked on the SSR. I just tried some Mothers Reflections and must say I am impressed. I'll hold final evaluation until I see how long it lasts but the depth and shine are great.

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
Read the thread on "Zaino Clarifications" before you decide on "wax." Zaino is not wax, but is much better. There are many 'Vette clubs that use Zaino as the "official club protectant." I quit waxes when I found Zaino.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dawn it off>>>Zaino is the only way to go!

Fill up a bucket of H2O, pour in a cap full of Dawn detergent, remove all the wax you just put on. Clay bar your entire ssr as per Zaino instructions. Put on Z2 with ZFX. Then spray on Z6 and you will NOT believe your eyes!

·
Registered
95 Posts
stutide said:
Fill up a bucket of H2O, pour in a cap full of Dawn detergent, remove all the wax you just put on. Clay bar your entire ssr as per Zaino instructions. Put on Z2 with ZFX. Then spray on Z6 and you will NOT believe your eyes!
I agree, except I would also use the Z5 before the Z2 to remove scrathes and swirl marks. Lots of work, but the differnce is amazing.

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
Great product. Got my starter kid last week. Put 2 coats of Z5, and than 2 coats of Z2 and finished with a coat of Z8. What a difference that makes.

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
I just finished putting on another coat of Zaino a couple days before the Melbourne meet. On the way down we were hit by a love bug attack. When we arrived at Palm Bay Chevy all of us went to clean up the cars a little. I took just a dry cotton towel and with almost no rubbing all the bugs came off the paint. The windshield was a little tougher.
On the way home we hit a Florida downpour. Almost no visibility. I got home, parked the car and went inside. The next day I figured I would have to wash it down and get rid of the road grime. There was almost nothing on the car!!! It looked like I just washed it. I have never had that happen before.
Zaino is tops in my book!!!

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Was at the dealer getting an oil change last week. Left the truck out in front of the oil change office waiting for the guy to drive it to the back. Two people in the waiting room were amazed at the shine. Had to give them each the contact stuff for Zaino. They were even more amazed that the truck was 18 months old and had been parked outside for four days since the last wash!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
zainossr said:
Read the thread on "Zaino Clarifications" before you decide on "wax." Zaino is not wax, but is much better. There are many 'Vette clubs that use Zaino as the "official club protectant." I quit waxes when I found Zaino.

So if Zaino is not a wax, what is it? I hear that it looks great, but how long does it continue to look great?

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I haven't reapplied theZ5 since late last summer been washed on average about 1 a week or 4 times per month since. Still just as bright as ever. Just wash, dry and go!!!! I haven't had to re order the z5 since I bought the start up kit 1 year ago. But I have had to buy the wash again, lots of washes and I use it on the Tahoe now too.

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
Went with Zaino after hearing about it on this website. Went to their site, read some more, and purchased the GURU reports, which rated 46 waxes/polishes.

They indicated Zaino was in a category all by itself as far as ease of application, shine, and duration. By far the longest lasting polish. The nice part is their whole system is integrated, so using their wash, polishes and detailer can be done at any time, in any sequence.

I use it on the SSR and our red 99 Sonoma, which was outside all winter, and hadn't been polished since last summer - the water still beads like crazy.

Ray

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have a problem with my arm/elbow and can't hand wax a vehicle without a lot of pain...:mad would like to try "Zaino" but it sure sounds kinda complicated with all those different steps etc. and "clay-bar" :confused ???..I guess you rub your entire truck with a "bar of clay" :skep ..don't sound like a whole lotta fun to me :nodno ..had my new truck am month now and I guess am feeling the need for a wax job..:rolleyes:...:ssr :cool :ssr

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
I have been thinking about getting this product also. Where is the best place to purchase? Their online store?

·
Registered
137 Posts
It isn't that hard

I had never heard of Zaino but I thought I would give it a try. I wasn't in much of a hurry and still did all of the steps in about 5 or 6 hours. looks great - just hope it lasts.

·
Registered
357 Posts
It is not available at any retail store. Go to the website to order. I put my second application of Zaino on my SSR 2 months ago and am very happy with the results. I did the clay bar thing before the first coat and this required plenty of elbow grease but worth it!

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Jeff...Did you do the clay bar thing??? Usually everybody complains about the time consuming effort required doing this, but there is no way around it.

P/P

Peace:flag :flag

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
You don't have to work your arms to hard to apply any of these products! The clay bar is a simple rubbing effect using the soapy water along with it! and the difference is amaizing and worth the time. If you don't have or don't want to to it all in one day start it later in the day/evening, and finish it in the morning ! Buy from Zainossr! or on the zainobros site

·
Premium Member
2,671 Posts
TerryH said:
I agree, except I would also use the Z5 before the Z2 to remove scrathes and swirl marks. Lots of work, but the differnce is amazing.
While there is absolutely nothing wrong with using Z5, it may be over-kill in some situations. If there has been no buffing usually the Z2 will work just fine and is cheaper! Also I noticed that some put Z2 over Z5 while that won't hurt anything it may be over-kill also. I use the Z6 right over the top of Z5.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Claybar

You will not believe your hand after you claybar the SSR. First glide your hand over the finish before claybaring and then after, an amazing difference. My SSR sat on the dealer lot for over a year. It was washed consistently but still had the "environmental effects" of fallout. I had Zainoed it when I got it before I knew about the claybar and thought that was enough. Was I wrong! A much more involved process but well worth the extra time.

Wally

1 - 20 of 40 Posts