• $35.00 to $55.00

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • $55.00 to $75.00

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • $75.00 to $100.00

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • $100.00 to $150.00

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • I don't care what the cost is. I want one!!

Votes: 8 9.6%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming thaat Chevy will come up with a badge for our SSRs, what do you feel you would comfortably pay for a well made metal badge with vin # engraved on it?

·
OP
8,226 Posts
not plastic

I, for one, do not want these badges in plastic.

Aluminum or s.s. would be preferable, but I would be surprised if that can be achieved for a cost less than $50.

So let's not send the message to whoever produces these that our desire for them is driven by $ or we may just get aluminized plastic like our SSR interiors. :nodno

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
50 bucks for a metal one sounds cool :flag

RickSSR :cool

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OP said:
I, for one, do not want these badges in plastic.

Aluminum or s.s. would be preferable, but I would be surprised if that can be achieved for a cost less than $50.

So let's not send the message to whoever produces these that our desire for them is driven by $ or we may just get aluminized plastic like our SSR interiors. :nodno

I agree. Plastic is not an option in my opinion.

In Marc's poll there were about 250 people saying they wanted a badge. No pricing was mentioned. I was curious to see what sort of price people would go with.

If Chevy comes out with a badge and the price is $159.95 I am sure many of those 250 people would think twice about getting one. If it came out at $59.95 there would be a lot more sold.

The quality should be a factor and it might just be that in order to achieve the quality we would like it may bring the price up to something many will not pay for. The product may well be worth the price, but the price may be more than what people are willing to spend.

If the people in R&D and marketing see these results it may influence them. I would be curious as to their opinions if they would like to chime in here.

I know one factor is that whatever the material is that it is made from it must be somewhat flexible. The waterfall is a contoured surface. Not everyone will want it in the exact same spot. It has to conform or edges will be raised.

·
OP
8,226 Posts
dingbat said:
I agree. Plastic is not an option in my opinion.

In Marc's poll there were about 250 people saying they wanted a badge. No pricing was mentioned. I was curious to see what sort of price people would go with.

If Chevy comes out with a badge and the price is $159.95 I am sure many of those 250 people would think twice about getting one. If it came out at $59.95 there would be a lot more sold.

The quality should be a factor and it might just be that in order to achieve the quality we would like it may bring the price up to something many will not pay for. The product may well be worth the price, but the price may be more than what people are willing to spend.

If the people in R&D and marketing see these results it may influence them. I would be curious as to their opinions if they would like to chime in here.

I know one factor is that whatever the material is that it is made from it must be somewhat flexible. The waterfall is a contoured surface. Not everyone will want it in the exact same spot. It has to conform or edges will be raised.
...now, Rebel may want to give you the kissess....................

·
Registered
160 Posts
It all depends on the quality and materials it's made of. I know that the corvette badges/emblems run for around $40-$50 so.....
I guess I'd pay around that amount for an SSR badge :yesnod

1 - 11 of 11 Posts