Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are seriously considering another addition to Eeyore. I got a spoiler from an 05 GTO and are probably going to have it painted to match and installed. The color looks close now, but is not shade shifting. It's the light that makes it work in these pictures. Pontiac calls it Impulse Blue Metallic.

Diggs

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
nice spoiler!

curves match well. it should give you good stability at about 150 :lol
the tonnau may not lift as readily with the extra weight, but it'll give you smething to grab :flag

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Looks Good

Diggs

Looks better than any of the others but I'am still looking for one that has a down angle at the end. Need to force air down the tailgate to cut drag and keep dust off of a$$ end :thumbs

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hehhh...

mikepowell said:
curves match well. it should give you good stability at about 150 :lol
the tonnau may not lift as readily with the extra weight, but it'll give you smething to grab :flag
I just may have to test that first part some day - after getting something to remove the vehicle top speed limiter. :jester

The spoiler is surprisingly light weight. It is actually hollow and maybe 5 pounds. Lighter than the lid interior carpet, I would think. If it is too much, it just might be the push I need to get those stronger lift arms.

Diggs

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
crazyrtr53 said:
Diggs

Looks better than any of the others but I'am still looking for one that has a down angle at the end. Need to force air down the tailgate to cut drag and keep dust off of a$$ end :thumbs
put a lip on the bottom of whatever you pick' the spoiler will do it's thing and the 'add on' will push a little down for the dust. :flag

·
Registered
192 Posts
I like the looks of the spoiler, plus it would give me something to lift the cover up with. Mine doesn't raise up only about 1/8 inch when it releases, so I have to stick my fingertips under it to lift the cover. Is that common of should it pop up a little more when released? I saw another yellow one on someones pics., on this site. What kind was it; cost, etc.??

·
Registered
579 Posts
Looks Great!

Looks Great! Simple, matches the curves of the vehicle, reasonably priced, great alternative to other spoilers offered and redily available. :thumbs

Good Idea! :yesnod

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts